Status
Not open for further replies.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
May be the New Ross discovery deserves its own thread and has nothing to do with the Oak Island show.
Why not to start a new one on Treasure Legends ?

Not in my opinion sasquash. Oak Island is ultimately connected to Charing Cross and New Ross. On the older Oak Island thread both areas were mentioned almost simultaneously, and on my own "Abbreviated Theory Thread" I also make that connection. At this time I am in contact with several other individuals who are themselves connected with both stories.
Most of those who would like them to be separate are the same that continually complain about the goings on at Oak Island. This particular thread is dedicated to New Ross and I would think that anybody that would not like to read about New Ross could simply ignore it.
Cheers, Loki

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
Not in my opinion sasquash. Oak Island is ultimately connected to Charing Cross and New Ross. On the older Oak Island thread both areas were mentioned almost simultaneously, and on my own "Abbreviated Theory Thread" I also make that connection. At this time I am in contact with several other individuals who are themselves connected with both stories.
Most of those who would like them to be separate are the same that continually complain about the goings on at Oak Island. This particular thread is dedicated to New Ross and I would think that anybody that would not like to read about New Ross could simply ignore it.
Cheers, Loki

Ok, no problem with that. Just want to be sure that they are related to Oak Island (but not to the show).
I will read again the older threads.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Could be Pennsylvanians. They built miles of rock walls. Mostly to stop hitting them with plows.

That's all over New England. You see a lot less of it in New York and New Jersey, and I don't believe that I've ever seen such a wall in Maryland or further south. Never seen one on the west coast either. It's my understanding that the folks that originally cleared the land for farming had to get rid of the rocks for the sake of their plows, and being the practical people that they were, anything not required for constructing buildings was hauled to the edges of their land, and if you're going to haul it there, you might as well pile it up into a wall to mark the property boundary, and if your neighbors are doing the same, you wind up with some decent walls.

I research this a bit occasionally. They did it in Canada. They did the hell out of it in New England. They did it a bit in a few other places, but in most places, they never bothered. We've got rocks out here in Washington, make no mistake about it. The farmers just never bothered to build walls out of them. Were there not enough rocks, or was that later generation just not concerned about it? I'm not even sure what specialty covers this line of research.

I don't know what FK has or hasn't found, but I don't think you know the real Joan Hope. I do, and what happened as she got older is what may happen to any of us. I have spent a lot of time discussing this with a good friend of hers named Lisa Stone and I believe you all have a distorted view of Joan. In my own opinion you should give her some respect unless you know for a fact you yourself will never see leprechauns. Just my own opinion for what ever its worth!
Cheers, Loki

Be very, very careful with this line of thought, Loki. The general argument for Joan Hope's writings is an appeal to authority based on her supposed intelligence. I've been calling her crazy for years, but you place a lot more faith in what she wrote than I do. You may not want to call her crazy. That sort of invalidates her writings, and when you do that, this whole load of horse apples upends itself. FWIW, your statement validates my own thoughts on the matter, but I didn't know her, or anyone that knew her personally. I only had the writings to go by. Those writings were often illogical and sometimes downright insane. I'm not concerned about why they were, just that they were, and why extra scrutiny is required before using them to justify a theory.

And yes, we may all see leprechauns one day. If that happens to me, judge what I'm saying based on when I said it. I may cherish a broken clock for the memories that it brings me, but I won't count on it to tell me the correct time. Things, and people, change.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Dave, I see we need to get this leprechaun thing solved. I went back to Joan's web site to copy the section and post it. Joan did not see the little green men at first , it was John Mc Neal and his friend. But Ron Harris and John and his friend and Joan all saw them. I talked to John and Ron about this and they both stick to what they saw.:dontknow: There are things about this site we just can't answer yet, this is one.
The info below is from Joan's web site.
"I don't mean ghosts, I mean leprechauns," he then told me, "Look, there go a couple now," and he waved his hand towards the window. Down in the driveway of the Christmas-tree yard below the neighbours, he said, were getting into their car. "Watch," he said, "The leprechauns will follow."There was only one problem: the neighbours were away and had left the car locked in their driveway. Yet, as we watched, we could see that the off-side door was swinging open.
Neither Ron nor I could see the leprechauns, but our lodger said he could; and he brought a friend in to watch.
"I've seen them before," our student confided, "Little men in green, they often like to sit on a round, flat rock. They come because this is a good place. They draw strength from it. Wait till it gets dark, then I'll show you."
We looked out of the window again: the neighbours' car had vanished. Not to worry, our student said, they'd gone for a joy-ride. They'd be back.
We waited, doing the washing-up the while. Then he motioned us to look out of the window again. The car was back as he'd said it would be, and soon the door opened to reveal three small figures inside, two on the front seat and one on the floor, apparently having got down there to work the pedals. Even I saw them this time, though they looked grey to me rather than green. Others of their kind greeted them and then they all dispersed into the bushes. Little lights now appeared among the bushes next door. We tried another window, one that looked out on to our backyard. Same thing, little lights in all the trees, some dim and yellowish, others almost blue. We all saw them. And we were all wondering how they'd managed to unlock our neighbours' car without a key.
They all seemed to be holding flashlights directed at our windows. After a time this began to have a strange effect on us: we all began to feel weak. The "flashlights" were in fact the energy they were taking from us, by what means we couldn't tell.
We withdrew from the windows as soon as we realised what was going on and soon regained our strength and felt none the worse for it.
It was then that I decided I must do something about the hauntings. We'd had visitors who said they couldn't sleep in our house. Even our South Shore friends with whom we used to sing were keeping away. And then there were all those stories about bad luck.
But not all ghosts bring bad luck. Some do exactly the opposite. Good people had lived on this spot

Last edited:

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Be very, very careful with this line of thought, Loki. The general argument for Joan Hope's writings is an appeal to authority based on her supposed intelligence. I've been calling her crazy for years, but you place a lot more faith in what she wrote than I do. You may not want to call her crazy. That sort of invalidates her writings, and when you do that, this whole load of horse apples upends itself. FWIW, your statement validates my own thoughts on the matter, but I didn't know her, or anyone that knew her personally. I only had the writings to go by. Those writings were often illogical and sometimes downright insane. I'm not concerned about why they were, just that they were, and why extra scrutiny is required before using them to justify a theory.

And yes, we may all see leprechauns one day. If that happens to me, judge what I'm saying based on when I said it. I may cherish a broken clock for the memories that it brings me, but I won't count on it to tell me the correct time. Things, and people, change.

I do not have to be careful with this particular line of thought as I don't base all of my premises on her witness. She certainly was no archaeologist, but I know what Joan found even though it was not exactly what she thought it was. As for her being crazy, we are all crazy at least a little. If you believe that I refuse to label her as such because it invalidates my own premises, nothing could be further from the truth.
Personally, I think you should be a little careful in judging somebody you don't even know and you evidently have not even read all of her writings.
Joan's good friend Lisa Stone who was one of the main Poster's on the old Oak Island Forum spoke quite highly of her.
Another writer of note is John Bear Macneil and his witness is somewhat intertwined with Joan's although from a First Nation's point of view, but again even John did not fully understand the whole story.
Of course part of the problem with both of these writers and for that matter most of the authors of that time period is that the premises have distinctly changed and many different people are obviously searching for many different answers. For instance Rick and Marty are searching for treasure be it gold or artifacts on Oak Island, while I am searching for an item generally referred to as the "Holy Grail", the same artifact that German SS offficer Otto Rahn was looking for in 1938, although again even Rahn was wrong in what he thought it was. According to him it disappeared from the Mountain Pog of Montsegur on March 14, 1244, and Rahn went as far east as Iceland in his quest, not quite far enough in my opinion.
Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's all over New England. You see a lot less of it in New York and New Jersey, and I don't believe that I've ever seen such a wall in Maryland or further south. Never seen one on the west coast either. It's my understanding that the folks that originally cleared the land for farming had to get rid of the rocks for the sake of their plows, and being the practical people that they were, anything not required for constructing buildings was hauled to the edges of their land, and if you're going to haul it there, you might as well pile it up into a wall to mark the property boundary, and if your neighbors are doing the same, you wind up with some decent walls.

I research this a bit occasionally. They did it in Canada. They did the hell out of it in New England. They did it a bit in a few other places, but in most places, they never bothered. We've got rocks out here in Washington, make no mistake about it. The farmers just never bothered to build walls out of them. Were there not enough rocks, or was that later generation just not concerned about it? I'm not even sure what specialty covers this line of research.

Artifacts left by the glaciers.

If you need some I have a whole bunch I have pulled from my garden and pasture. They seem to grow back every year.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Dave, I see we need to get this leprechaun thing solved. I went back to Joan's web site to copy the section and post it. Joan did not see the little green men at first , it was John Mc Neal and his friend. But Ron Harris and John and his friend and Joan all saw them. I talked to John and Ron about this and they both stick to what they saw.:dontknow: There are things about this site we just can't answer yet, this is one.
"I don't mean ghosts, I mean leprechauns," he then told me, "Look, there go a couple now," and he waved his hand towards the window. Down in the driveway of the Christmas-tree yard below the neighbours, he said, were getting into their car. "Watch," he said, "The leprechauns will follow."There was only one problem: the neighbours were away and had left the car locked in their driveway. Yet, as we watched, we could see that the off-side door was swinging open.
Neither Ron nor I could see the leprechauns, but our lodger said he could; and he brought a friend in to watch.
"I've seen them before," our student confided, "Little men in green, they often like to sit on a round, flat rock. They come because this is a good place. They draw strength from it. Wait till it gets dark, then I'll show you."
We looked out of the window again: the neighbours' car had vanished. Not to worry, our student said, they'd gone for a joy-ride. They'd be back.
We waited, doing the washing-up the while. Then he motioned us to look out of the window again. The car was back as he'd said it would be, and soon the door opened to reveal three small figures inside, two on the front seat and one on the floor, apparently having got down there to work the pedals. Even I saw them this time, though they looked grey to me rather than green. Others of their kind greeted them and then they all dispersed into the bushes. Little lights now appeared among the bushes next door. We tried another window, one that looked out on to our backyard. Same thing, little lights in all the trees, some dim and yellowish, others almost blue. We all saw them. And we were all wondering how they'd managed to unlock our neighbours' car without a key.
They all seemed to be holding flashlights directed at our windows. After a time this began to have a strange effect on us: we all began to feel weak. The "flashlights" were in fact the energy they were taking from us, by what means we couldn't tell.
We withdrew from the windows as soon as we realised what was going on and soon regained our strength and felt none the worse for it.
It was then that I decided I must do something about the hauntings. We'd had visitors who said they couldn't sleep in our house. Even our South Shore friends with whom we used to sing were keeping away. And then there were all those stories about bad luck.
But not all ghosts bring bad luck. Some do exactly the opposite. Good people had lived on this spot

Heck with gold or some dubious Templer connection. If you can prove the existence of a miniature advanced sapient primate that has been living alongside man and has advanced technology or unexplained abilities ("magic" and/or life-force draining implements) that would be a FAR greater discovery.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Hi Dave, I see we need to get this leprechaun thing solved.

Agreed, and while I haven't read her book in a couple of years now and I've learned the hard way not to trust my memory, my memory is telling me that something is not right. Has this document changed over the last decade? I keep feeling that it has, but hey, memory is fallible...mine, hers, everyone's.

I should read it again. That's not the way that I remember it, but I was a completely different person back then. Things, and people, change.

I do not have to be careful with this particular line of thought as I don't base all of my premises on her witness.
But she's certainly mentioned enough around here. Remember that the next time that you want to cast her as an unreliable narrator. I will remind everyone in any event. :hello:

She certainly was no archaeologist, but I know what Joan found even though it was not exactly what she thought it was.

She found some rocks in her yard and a couple of chunks of rust. A professional may have been able to tell her what those chunks were from, but she chose not to engage the services of one. As I've mentioned in the past, the world's foremost expert in European swords was alive, well, and more than willing to help over in the UK at the time when she found her "Viking sword." Even in the pre-internet dark ages, his name would have turned up rather quickly had she pursued this line of research. She didn't. She merely assumed that a Viking had left it there. Had she known more about the Vikings and the Norse, she would have known that even if it had been of Norse origins, it probably wasn't a Viking that had left it there. Again, pre-internet stuff here. I am old enough to remember that era.

As for her being crazy, we are all crazy at least a little.

Agreed. Particularly here. (And no, I'm not talking about you in particular. You're actually one of the more sane posters on this forum in my opinion.)

If you believe that I refuse to label her as such because it invalidates my own premises, nothing could be further from the truth.
Personally, I think you should be a little careful in judging somebody you don't even know and you evidently have not even read all of her writings.

I only read the one that gets mentioned here, as this is where my interests lay. Her writings struck me as the writings of a crazy person. I do have some experience in this matter.

Joan's good friend Lisa Stone who was one of the main Poster's on the old Oak Island Forum spoke quite highly of her.

I have absolutely know idea who in the hell Lisa Stone is. Should I know her? Does she want to know me?

Another writer of note is John Bear Macneil and his witness is somewhat intertwined with Joan's although from a First Nation's point of view, but again even John did not fully understand the whole story.

Another person that I don't know, and probably doesn't know me.

Of course part of the problem with both of these writers and for that matter most of the authors of that time period is that the premises have distinctly changed and many different people are obviously searching for many different answers. For instance Rick and Marty are searching for treasure be it gold or artifacts on Oak Island, while I am searching for an item generally referred to as the "Holy Grail", the same artifact that German SS offficer Otto Rahn was looking for in 1938, although again even Rahn was wrong in what he thought it was. According to him it disappeared from the Mountain Pog of Montsegur on March 14, 1244, and Rahn went as far east as Iceland in his quest, not quite far enough in my opinion.

Back in the early part of the 19th century, there was only one theory: pirate treasure. What has changed between now and then? It's a simple question, but man, it's a complicated answer. Well, not really.

Artifacts left by the glaciers.

If you need some I have a whole bunch I have pulled from my garden and pasture. They seem to grow back every year.

Get the F out of here with that. When a glacier passes through, it doesn't leave stone walls. It leaves glory. The elevation changes in western Washington can be tiresome, but they are truly beautiful. We have glaciation to thank for that.

d596c39bd295af8914d96aff786ab087.jpg

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Dave, I know you don't like Ley Lines but there is another thing we found in Joan's work that makes me think, what they saw could be true. John said "Little men in green, they often like to sit on a round, flat rock. They come because this is a good place. They draw strength from it. Wait till it gets dark, then I'll show you.
The round flat rock sits on the same Ley Line that runs through the Holy Well and Ley Lines give off energy that's why the Templars tracked them down. John and Joan did not know about the Ley Lines back then but the quote ( they draw strength from it ) is 100% right on.
O Ya Joan said they dressed in gray not green. I was the one that said little green men ,:BangHead: my bad.

Last edited:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

They are in this painting thick......lol

La Tentation de saint Antoine David II TENIERS ou TENIERS le Je.jpg

Its Nose Flute Time.....:laughing7:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What sort of energy, and how did the Templars detect it? Any documentation to support this claim?

FK has nothing to support anything....now he's going off on a leprechan-alien theory trying to reinforce the imaginary ley lines....

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What sort of energy, and how did the Templars detect it? Any documentation to support this claim?
No matter what I tell you about Vortex you will not believe it so you should check out some sites on Vortex/Templars and go from there. This link below is a good start.
Vortex Mechanics: The Energy Around Sacred Sites

http://hubpages.com/education/THE-TRUE-ROLE-OF-THE-KNIGHTS-TEMPLAR

O Ya, just remember that New Ross sits on a Volcano Tube , one of two of its kind in Nova Scotia.

Last edited:

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No matter what I tell you about Vortex you will not believe it so you should check out some sites on Vortex/Templars and go from there. This link below is a good start.
Vortex Mechanics: The Energy Around Sacred Sites

The True Role of the Knights Templar

If you could direct me to some credible, peer reviewed source that could describe the energy produced by these ley lines and vortex, and outline how Templars detected this energy, I'd appreciate it.

O Ya, just remember that New Ross sits on a Volcano Tube , one of two of its kind in Nova Scotia.

Not entirely sure what you mean by 'volcano tube'. Do you have a source? Are you referring to lava tubes? I don't recall anyone mentioning the presence of lava tubes anywhere in NS. That would be something to see! You have photos of the lava tube at New Ross?

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If you could direct me to some credible, peer reviewed source that could describe the energy produced by these ley lines and vortex, and outline how Templars detected this energy, I'd appreciate it.

Not entirely sure what you mean by 'volcano tube'. Do you have a source? Are you referring to lava tubes? I don't recall anyone mentioning the presence of lava tubes anywhere in NS. That would be something to see! You have photos of the lava tube at New Ross?

North Mountain is long a narrow ancient volcanic ridge which forms the Northwestern boundary between Annapolis Basin and the Bay of Fundy.
Cheers, Loki

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
North Mountain is long a narrow ancient volcanic ridge which forms the Northwestern boundary between Annapolis Basin and the Bay of Fundy.
Cheers, Loki

That's right. Some interesting geology on the North Mountain. I've found some interesting minerals while working there. No lava tubes there, though. Not as far as I have heard, anyways ... and New Ross isn't on the North Mountain.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's right. Some interesting geology on the North Mountain. I've found some interesting minerals while working there. No lava tubes there, though. Not as far as I have heard, anyways ... and New Ross isn't on the North Mountain.

Yep, I also have spent considerable time on North Mountain!
Cheers, Loki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread