Tenn. Trio Hunt=Entrench. Hoes, Brass Spur, Bullets, & Scratch One From My Wish List

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tenn. Trio Hunt=Entrench. Hoes, Brass Spur, Bullets, & Scratch One From My Wish List

You have no doubt heard the expression “The grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence”. Well, the grass was sure higher on the other side today. The Tenn. Trio met up for a short hunt in a U.S. CW camp this morning. Josh worked last night and he was missing sleep hunting 2 hours with us. He dug a nice entrenching hoe, harmonica reed parts, & what appeared to be a part from a clock. I have dug clock parts in large camps before as well.
Doug recovered most of a sturdy brass spur, entrenching hoe, & two .58 cal. 3 ringers. I hunted the tall grass & dug a .44 cal. New Army Colt pistol bullet, .58 cal. Minnie, part of a door or trunk latch (unsure) , & something from my wish list-an iron candle holder. These style holders were stuck into logs or stumps in camps to provide light.
We won’t relic hunt as much for a little while due to Tennessee Muzzleloader deer season opening Saturday (I’ll be deer hunting as well) . Be careful out there relic hunters. HH from the Trio!!

Check out our article in the Nov.-Dec. issue of American Digger Magazine concerning hunting the Williams Cleaner Camp.

Attachments

• DSCN1364.JPG
    DSCN1364.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 149
  • DSCN1365.JPG
    DSCN1365.JPG
    629.1 KB · Views: 119
  • DSCN1366.JPG
    DSCN1366.JPG
    494.1 KB · Views: 119
Upvote 15

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great hunt, and I love me some iron candle-holder!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the candlestick holder Quindy. I've seen a lot of them dug at the DIV hunts and always wanted to find one myself. It's funny because in your last post the was part of an iron knife that looked like a candle stick holder at first glance. I was going to ask you if that was what it was, then re-read your post and saw you had it ID as a knife. So your next post has your first candle stick holder,,,,hmmm

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great lead and relics. In case you can't tell by my avatar, I like the .58's lol.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it brass? The candle holder? Nice finds and lots of hoes in that field. Do you really think entrenching tools? If so pretty cool. Great hunt and video!
HH

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great to see the trio out for a nice hunt. that iron candle holder is a real nice find.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My CH was iron Richard. They drove a nail into the top. That way, it could be replaced if broken off I guess. This is an unlikely site for crops or a garden. Doug recovered his hoe on the hill near where we dug the bullets & Josh dug his on the hill across the shallow valley where Doug got the spur. I found one like Josh's at a C.S.A. camp. Good luck deer hunting tomorrow. Q.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good stuff Quindy!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job guys, great weather, great scenery, good music, and good finds. Glad you got that candle holder!

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another great hunt from my Tennessee neighbors. Congrats

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The iron relic is one side of an iron horse bit. It is mid 1800s. I dug the brass version to this one two years ago in LA. (side of the bit)

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the candlestick holder Quindy. I've seen a lot of them dug at the DIV hunts and always wanted to find one myself. It's funny because in your last post the was part of an iron knife that looked like a candle stick holder at first glance. I was going to ask you if that was what it was, then re-read your post and saw you had it ID as a knife. So your next post has your first candle stick holder,,,,hmmm

That is odd Steve. please think about me digging a CSA buckle next-LOL. Thanks & HH. I hope your wrists are still improving. Q.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cross out & replace with your next wish list item & make sure you prevent any further rusting on that one. Congrats

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Q-
Thanks for the video and Dman's live dig. It's great to see the Trio back together again.
That must of been a happy camp since it had not one, but TWO ho's in it. :tongue3: Normally bigger would be better, but in the case of dirty ho's, I would of picked the small one. :laughing7:

That candle holder is a WAY cool find Q. Congrats to you and to Dman on that spur piece. :thumbsup:
Well done,
DUHg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread