Tenn. Trio Hunt=Entrench. Hoes, Brass Spur, Bullets, & Scratch One From My Wish List

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tenn. Trio Hunt=Entrench. Hoes, Brass Spur, Bullets, & Scratch One From My Wish List

You have no doubt heard the expression “The grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence”. Well, the grass was sure higher on the other side today. The Tenn. Trio met up for a short hunt in a U.S. CW camp this morning. Josh worked last night and he was missing sleep hunting 2 hours with us. He dug a nice entrenching hoe, harmonica reed parts, & what appeared to be a part from a clock. I have dug clock parts in large camps before as well.
Doug recovered most of a sturdy brass spur, entrenching hoe, & two .58 cal. 3 ringers. I hunted the tall grass & dug a .44 cal. New Army Colt pistol bullet, .58 cal. Minnie, part of a door or trunk latch (unsure) , & something from my wish list-an iron candle holder. These style holders were stuck into logs or stumps in camps to provide light.
We won’t relic hunt as much for a little while due to Tennessee Muzzleloader deer season opening Saturday (I’ll be deer hunting as well) . Be careful out there relic hunters. HH from the Trio!!

Check out our article in the Nov.-Dec. issue of American Digger Magazine concerning hunting the Williams Cleaner Camp.

Attachments

• DSCN1364.JPG
    DSCN1364.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 149
  • DSCN1365.JPG
    DSCN1365.JPG
    629.1 KB · Views: 119
  • DSCN1366.JPG
    DSCN1366.JPG
    494.1 KB · Views: 119
Upvote 15

Top Member Reactions