Tenn. Trio Returns To Picket Post-Dmans Late 1700s Home Finds-Restored Breastplate

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tenn. Trio Returns To Picket Post-Dman's Late 1700s Home Finds-Restored Breastplate

With the grass in Tennessee now in turbo growth, the Tenn. Trio has been getting in as many hunts as we can before the vegetation growth puts a stop to our hunting. Dman has hunted a late 1700s house site a couple more times & added about a dozen more relics to his box as shown in the pic. Josh & I + Doug & I hit the picket post since or last post. I hit 2 more CW sites around the end of the month. The Trio made a final visit to the picket post today and our total finds (158) from that site are shown in the boxes to date. Doug has the 2 suspender clips in the center of his box, Josh has the bullets arranged in a circle in his box, and mine has the BP in it.
I had my friend Robert McDaniel in Alabama restore the edge of the breastplate that I recovered from the picket post on 3-26 as shown in the before & after pic.
North South Trader’s Civil War Magazine has accepted my article regarding the Trio hunting the picket post site and it should run later in the year. HH from Doug, Josh, & Quindy.

Attachments

• DSCN0108 (640x419).jpg
    DSCN0108 (640x419).jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 146
  • DSCN0110 (640x449).jpg
    DSCN0110 (640x449).jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 140
  • DSCN0113 (640x454).jpg
    DSCN0113 (640x454).jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 144
  • 17 (640x369).jpg
    17 (640x369).jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 146
  • Col BP (640x360).jpg
    Col BP (640x360).jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 198
Upvote 8

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great video, Mr Q. Was Dman's first relic a 69 CAL bullet or a 69 CENT bullet? I would have known Josh's box by the number of J hooks. How is it he finds so many? If you need someone to operate a weed whacker so you guys can still hunt and we can still enjoy your videos, I nominate Modern Miner. Congrats to the trio and all your friends on those accomplishments.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o:cool: Hey Quindy ,

Impressive Spring your Tenn Trio relic team is having that's for sure .

Keep up the good hunting and a Big " Well Done " from the Southern Jersey " dawg " :cool:

65 -70 Diggrees :occasion14: today

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gunsmoke. I loved that show. Fantastic video and the grass is growing fast here as well.All three of you guys have had a good year and written some nice articles. Great cover picture of Diggergirl. Digger and Buckles are like peas and carrots. Good team.I am liking the new theme on the videos Quindy and the BP was a good candidate for restoration
Thank for the post and sharing.
Happy hunting,
TnMtns

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Great job on that Quindy and thanks for posting my coin. I certainly look forward to your article. Oh, by the way, that picket post site was another "cleaned out" place years ago. Don't you know that? :laughing7: Robert did a super job on the plate.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
As usual a drool worthy video from The Tennessee Trio!

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great looking displays; they're beautiful! :headbang: The breast plate restoration if fantastic. Congratulations on having your article upcoming in North/South. We can always depend on the TRIO to get the job done. As you know, I love GUNSMOKE!
:)
Breezie
gunsmoke-show-1.jpg

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Q-
Another great post Dude. :thumbsup: It's amazing how quickly you three can fill up a relic display. They all look super.
Robert did a beautiful job on your breast plate. He must have done some work on Dman too, because no one looks that good naturally. :tongue3:
I got skunked again today and drove home a day early. I think I'm going back to fishing instead.
-DUHg-

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

volfan37066

Greenie
Nov 1, 2012
castalian springs,tn
Detector(s) used
AT PRO ,Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great recoveries as always! Hey Quindy, in the top display case beside the buttons is a large headed nail. What do you think that was used for? I have found some of those.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah...love the song. Those are some top notch relics! Rob did a wonderful job on the BP! Looks great! The pastures here are already too high to hunt with all the rain we've been getting. :(
Congrats to all on those amazing finds! Love seeing them. :)
Nana :hello:

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great recoveries as always! Hey Quindy, in the top display case beside the buttons is a large headed nail. What do you think that was used for? I have found some of those.

Robert, I dug another of those blacksmith made pieces yeasterday at the site. I believe they were used on wagons. Someone suggested since cavalry also used the site that it may have been used as a hook pick. HH, Q.

Last edited:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Again: A great assortment of Relics yall got there.
Your friend in Al does some great work , I have read & seen some of his other restorations in AD Magazine.
HH While you still can.
Davers

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for all the replies. We have enjoyed a great fall and winter relic season. The relic count will be very hard to break in the future.
MM as weedwhacker-I like it OD. I know you like "Gunsmoke" too Breezie. Snake season is nearly here Nana-LOL. Donnie, the Trio specializes in hunted out places. Thanks to both Richard friends (tnmountains & Old Stonewall). South Jersey Dawg huh? At least it's South. Thanks Cgirl-Donnie said you all had fun at the meeting. HH everyone, Q.

F75PAHUNTER

Mar 10, 2014
Hanover Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 LTD, Deus Xp, tecknetics gamma, Garrett pro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOTA NICE FINDS THERE,, GOTA LOVE THE RELICS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread