Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy have I been missing T-Net and artifacts. Watching everyone posting and not having time to go was killing me. We have been flooded all winter but the water dropped and it was 32 degrees when I hitched the boat this morning.Just perfect. There are hundreds of trees down and washing out from the floods. I saw one boat all day and got a picture of his catch. For me it was a great day. I have not even attempted typology on all of these other than being stoked on getting the little Hamilton triangular. I hunted over a 10 mile stretch of friends muddy fields. Please feel free to give opinions on the one particular hornstone point from the insitu. Thanks everyone. Its good to be back !
TnMountains
000_0144.JPG
000_0145.JPG
What we call a turtle back scrapper
000_0147.JPG
000_0149.JPG
000_0153.JPG
Opinions please....
000_0146.JPG
000_0155.JPG
The high water on the banks of the fields.
000_0157.JPG
000_0158.JPG
Insitu and point.
000_0156.JPG
I kept seeing this guy checking his trot line. Stopped and talked to him he had a boat load of catfish.
100_2530.JPG
Total for the day some cool tools.
100_2533.JPG
My best find. Maybe?
HH
TnMountains

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jpitt1970

Jan 5, 2009
Huntsville. Al
Nice one!! congrats on the banner!!!.....maybe I'll get me one this summer. Hopefully, I will be moving to the Knoxville area sooooon. just waiting on the ok for my transfer with my company.

Bent-Twig

Jun 9, 2008
North Central Ohio
OHHH YEAH!!!! There it is up there on the banner!! :hello2: :headbang:

Now that your up there on the banner dont go gettin all high and mighty on us!! :laughing7: :tongue3:

By the way, next time you run into that young fellow w/all the catfish , get a few from him and when I am on my way down to my sisters in Atlanta I'll stop in and show ya the best lemmon pepper catfish ya ever ate!!

Twig.

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a banner find, TnMtns!!
That is a beautiful Clovis point! :hello2:

sandcreek~~

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
Congrats on a well deserved BANNER. :thumbsup:

I still think the catfish should be up there. :D

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for all the comments and making it a banner find. Its something that is always in the back of your mind but something I really never expected. My goal this year was to try find Paleo but even then was thinking in terms of unifaced tools and such. Not Clovis ! Even when I got the insitu before it had been touched I was like no way. It was literally one wave away from being gone forever. You guys have no idea how many miles have been in the journey.
It was GREAT waking that item from its 12,000 +/- slumber. Glad I was able to share it.
Yep. I have been doing the Paleo dance all day.
HH,
TnMtns :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RPG said:
Congrats on a well deserved BANNER. :thumbsup:

I still think the catfish should be up there. :D

:laughing7: :laughing7:
I agree that ole boy had a boat load. To funny.

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
WTG, Richard!!!! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: I'm sure I heard you whooping it up all the way to Texas. Banner, Banner. DAMN straight.
I agree with you on the Blues. The best cat fer eatin'.

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
well allright Tn! WTG! I was just thinking it's been awhile since there was an artifact on the banner Congrats! Congrats!

Wow, a clovis!

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
TnMountains said:
Boy have I been missing T-Net and artifacts. Watching everyone posting and not having time to go was killing me. We have been flooded all winter but the water dropped and it was 32 degrees when I hitched the boat this morning.Just perfect. There are hundreds of trees down and washing out from the floods. I saw one boat all day and got a picture of his catch. For me it was a great day. I have not even attempted typology on all of these other than being stoked on getting the little Hamilton triangular. I hunted over a 10 mile stretch. Please feel free to give opinions on the one particular hornstone point from the insitu. Thanks everyone. Its good to be back !
TnMountains

What we call a turtle back scrapper

Opinions please....

The little holes you have to climb in. This group was from that hole.

Insitu and point.

I kept seeing this guy checking his trot line. Stopped and talked to him he had a boat load of catfish.

Total for the day some cool tools.

My best find. Maybe?
HH
TnMountains
really nice points!!! an as for the guy with a boat load of catfish..that is no freakin lie!!! Holy Crap is that a boat load.....

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Bravo naturegirl Trond and Creeper. Shock. Should have seen the paper towel wrapping it got for the boat ride,lol. I hunted the rest of the day after that. Yes sir that young man knew how to run a trot line. I am sure he was fishing a commercial liscense. He was rigged perfectly for what he was doing.
HH
TnMtns

creek astronaut

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2009
fairfield county,ohio
bravowhiskey said:
WTG, Richard!!!! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: I'm sure I heard you whooping it up all the way to Texas. Banner, Banner. DAMN straight.
I agree with you on the Blues. The best cat fer eatin'.
I agree,i dont eat any cats unless its a blue channel cat,startin to get the munchies. :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greg Munchies? No way ! Lol I like that farm raised blues or the fresh water creek bull heads too.

Americus its good to be back and see the waters drop. I think its going to be a very good year with all the erosion.
Thank you

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
TnMountains said:
Greg Munchies? No way ! Lol I like that farm raised blues or the fresh water creek bull heads too.

Americus its good to be back and see the waters drop. I think its going to be a very good year with all the erosion.
Thank you

High water is always good for artifact hunting. Just don't forget (on those hot summer days) to get in the water and cool off while feeling in the mud with those fingers and toes. :thumbsup:

As far as favorites go, I'm partial to stripers. I think, when prepared right, they are the best table fair out there. :)

creek astronaut

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2009
fairfield county,ohio
TnMountains said:

Thank you
lol.how could i forget about the pink cats??must be all this clovis talk.those pinks can be tasty too,depending on where you catch them. :tongue1:

SoIll

Oct 6, 2008
Il
Gotta love river hunting.
Congrats on the clovis. Your other finds weren't too bad either.

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RPG said:
TnMountains said:

Thank you

High water is always good for artifact hunting. Just don't forget (on those hot summer days) to get in the water and cool off while feeling in the mud with those fingers and toes. :thumbsup:

As far as favorites go, I'm partial to stripers. I think, when prepared right, they are the best table fair out there. :)

Crappie season is almost here thats probably my favorite fresh water fish. I love to catch the stripers though when they are schooling in the jumps.You can catch two or three on a single line and nothing fights and cuts the water like they do on light tackle.
Yep I like to run my hands right at the mud level thru the sand and pull out points. Lazy summer days are on the way RPG.

Thanks SoIll I always enjoy your finds as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread