Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes the Compadre would be unstabe in the wet sand. However it will chirp and such but a target within about six inches will still respond. That is unless you also have black sand there too, then you may as well forget it.

The detector will still work great in any dry sand. The coil is waterproof and you can dunk it just fine.

Good Luck,
Sandman

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Stogie,

I have used my Compadre several times on the beaches of Delaware in the dry sand, and have not had a problem. I also think that you should be okay in the dry sand, too. Hope it helps and let us know how you make out.

Welcome to TreasureNet. Glad you are with us. This is a super place with super people.

OP
OP
StogieJim

StogieJim

Feb 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Exp 2, Tejon, & Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all for the replys.

Simple follow up: I've looked around for a specific description of the ill effects caused by instability and haven't found anything. Are they likely to be an absence of alarms where appropriate or tons of false alarms? Perhaps both?

Thanks again,

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clarification on the false alarms, there are none........The instability is caused by the conductive saltwater and maybe black sand at the location too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread