Thanks to Chuckie, LRL fraud is easier to prosecute now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like H3Tec is getting out of the business of marketing their LRL's to the treasure hunting market. The whole story has been extraordinarily well documented in this forum and in the Geotech forum. Not only can Chuckie not hide from H3Tec, he can't hide from the Internet either.

Chuckie's excesses galvanized the anti-fraudster community to focus not only on the fraudulent nature of the product, but on the issue of how to prosecute it and get LRL fraudsters locked up behind bars. Prosecutors who choose to try to nail LRL fraudsters will no longer have to go it alone in unfamiliar turf. They've got friends who can educate them on how LRL fraudsters will try to continue the fraud right there in the courtroom, and how to put a stop to it.

Thanks to TNet and Google, Chuckie's no longer a significant player in the treasure hunting LRL market. Any attempt at a comeback is just too big a risk for him, better to plow oilfields.

So who's next? This gets funny. The small potatoes fraudsters who prey on small time gullibillies rarely lead to situations that come to the attention of a prosecutor who wishes to devote time and expense to prosecute this unfamiliar (to the prosecutor) area. For example, SHARK! seems to have flown under the prosecutorial radar. I have long been on record as being filled with more amusement than with righteous indignation at the Thomas Gravitator, which is after all worth its weight in gold [to Thomas] just as the advertisement says. But as Art probably remembers, I draw the line at selling LRL's under false pretenses (the only kind of pretense available) to public service agencies such as police and fire personnel or to the military. Lives are at stake and the people who will be using the apparats are being lied to as to how the apparats work and what they can and cannot do. This means that the damn gizmos will not be effective in that kind of use even if the same apparats would do 1% better than stupid guesswork in treasure hunting. For the same reasons I regard it as reprehensible to sell LRL's to the military, I encourage selling them to the Taliban. At list price.

As it turns out, Mr. Alfilani (I think I spelled his name right, sorry if I didn't) has his foot in both worlds. I've had no personal contact with Mr. Alfilani and have no personal beef with him. I've even used his Gravitator ad as an example of superb ("Camel quality") advertising. To my knowledge he doesn't do stupid stuff like pick fights with people in the metal detector industry, an industry without which his products are almost worthless. I suppose that he and I could sit down together for dinner, and have some great off-the-record conversation. Just my guess although I've never actually tried it.

But there's that public service and military stuff. Wrong product for that market, it rips off the taxpayer and to the extent that unwitting government employees rely on it, it puts human life at risk and allows contraband to pass unimpeded. It's criminal activity and it should be prosecuted. By its very nature the criminal activity almost always crosses State lines, making it a Federal offense. If you have followed the Chuckie saga, you've seen how tempted Chuckie was by the potential military market and how opposition to his fraud jumped on that. We "get it". It isn't about our opinions regarding the merit or otherwise of any particular war, has nothing to do with partisan politics, it's our anger at utterly cynical disregard for the value of human life.

With Chuckie more or less transferred out to the oilfields and much better tools available to LRL prosecutors than in the past, I suppose that Alfilani's products which are marketed to public security (and military?) are the next smoking guns to go after. Let Mr. Alfilani get back to the business of cleaning out the wallets of civilian gullibillies who wanted to be lied to and were willing to pay for the privilege no questions asked.

--Toto

K

Kentucky Kache

You won't be satisfied until the world is marching to the beat of your drum, will you? And in the name of goodness. Looks like Hitler didn't die after all.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
You may want to get some of your information from another forum.. Geotech forum is not a unbias place to obtain it. H3Tec is not a Major player in the LRL market. Just like Dell the sales do not match the importance of the skeptical views. Dell sold @ 60 MFD’s in 30 years…Boy did he get rich. H3Tec sold @20 units last year.. In the meantime one of the other LRL-MFD manufacturers sold 1000’s of units..
The Gravitator ad seems to just tell a story about the features of this device..I see no outlandish statements like you do..Just plain language that is easy to read..It seems to have a lot more technology than some of the other newer products..But..With your lack of knowledge of how and what these kinds of devices are design to do. I see how you can see fraud behind all the trees..The only problem is I don’t see the trees..Art

http://top-detectors-gold.blogspot.com/2011/02/lasers-for-detection-of-treasures.html
Lasers for the detection of treasures and gold | Gravitator

The Gravitator costed more to research and develop than any other long range locator ever manufactured. The Electroscope company spent thousands of hours testing early prototypes all over the world, including Greece, Turkey, Middle Eastern countries, South America among others to make sure this high tech instrument could perform well regardless where the operator would take it.

The Gravitator offers unequaled sensitivity in locating gold, silver and other valuables. It has the ability of not only pinpointing the target by using a digital range finder but also gives you the actual distance to the target. The illuminated screen allows you to hunt day or night with total vision of digital screen. Separate gold and silver modes allow you to select the types of target you wish to find without interference from any other target that may be within the search area of the Gravitator. On board directional display indicates direction (North-West-South-East)where the detected target can be found.
Once that is recorded, now you can begin triangulating your target. By activating the data trigger your first vector is recorded. By taking a second reading, some 10 meters on either side of your first reading, vector 2 will now be recorded. The point where the two lines intersect will be the resting place of the detected target. This will clearly be displayed on your digital screen.

All information is clearly shown, to facilitate use even for first time users. The Gravitator is also equipped with a laser built into the antenna system to facilitate night hunting and target pinpointing. The bright red laser can easily be seen as you scan a search area allowing the operator to see where the Gravitator is pointing. Once the target is detected the laser antenna system places a bright red dot on the location it is pointing to. The Gravitator can be used on single handle or with dual handle for additional balance and control even in adverse conditions.

OP
OP
W

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
DKL Lifeguard, the non-Gravitator Gravitator!

Google DKL Lifeguard, and check it out.

Notice how physically similar it is to the Gravitator, yet the claims being made about it are entirely different.

In the case of the Gravitator magazine ad, I've never identified any false claims, merely statements that a gullibilly will put his own false meaning on. (The Gravitator website "info" is not quite so circumspect, since the mag ad helps to qualify the mark.)

In the case of the DKL Lifeguard, however, we see very specific claims, and they're baldface lies. And it's supposedly all about saving lives when in reality it is ruthlessly cynical disregard for human life. The marketing approach is also quite different, since unlike the Gravitator, the DKL is not being targeted to a market where you're basically selling dowsing-denial for a price: it's being targeted to customers who are expecting to get a scientific instrument and are unfamiliar with dowsing.

This thing has a history. Tested by Sandia Labs in 1998 according to protocols consistent with the claims: it didn't work.
http://prod.sandia.gov/techlib/access-control.cgi/1998/980977.pdf
Later, banned from export in Britain. Been fairly well worked over by anti-fraudsters.

The debunking approach is usually either double blind trial (can it be shown to work?) or physical examination (is this thing a practical joke?). There is however a third approach which requires neither of those things, you yourself can do it right from home using your browser. Go to the website and "read the advertisement". Think carefully about what is claimed and what information you'd expect to be there that isn't there. The advertisement itself is the smoking gun that the thing is a fraud. NOTE: "reading the advertisement" on this one is not the laughably easy exercise that it is for most treasure hunting LRL's. The DKL is not aimed at gullibillies but at people who are presumably reasonable but poorly informed and not accustomed to analyzing frauds. The whole thing is a lot smoother and slicker than a treasure hunting LRL ad.

--Toto

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
The DKL LifeGuard™ enables rescuers to start searching unstable rubble before it's safe to employ other methods. Searches can be conducted from a distance, and they can cover more ground quickly because the LifeGuard has 500-meter range in open air, and impressive range even through compacted debris and in difficult weather conditions. The DKL LifeGuard detects only living humans, which means quicker, more efficient searches–and more lives saved.

fenixdigger

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
Aurora Aqua, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper, E Trac, Dees Nutz rod, Tesoro Sand Shark. Pro pulse.
Toto; Do you not think a device can detect humans? When did you test the device you speak of?

If you were the one needing found, would you want everything possible to be used even if it had a 20% rate and was the ONLY thing available?? Just giving you a chance to tell a big one.

OP
OP
W

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, the manufacturer-marketer of the DKL Lifeguard should know what it is. I say that they do. Read the advertisement!

Artie, sorry, we already know through long experience that you don't understand what an advertisement is. Your quick response to merely quote the advertisement as written by the perp is the proof that no mental processing happened.

Fenix, how about you? Government money seems to be a bit tight these days. Should your taxes pay for products which are misrepresented, thereby endangering soldiers and civilian emergency personnel as well as the people they're trying to protect? Even Artie was smart enough to back out of that one when he made the mistake of suggesting that government employees deserved whatever happened to them if they used the H3Tec. Artie may skilled in the art of telling you stuff you like to hear, but he's not someone you want to lose an IQ contest to, at least not in public.

I am on record as saying I have no objection to selling such apparatus to...... the Taliban. Who a few years ago in the aftermath of their military victory over the Soviet Union did their best to drag Afghanistan back into the stone age.

--Toto

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~woof~
Artie, sorry, we already know through long experience that you don't understand what an advertisement is. Your quick response to merely quote the advertisement as written by the perp is the proof that no mental processing happened.
What’s to understand about the advetisment..
The lightweight, hand-held DKL LifeGuard™ is a passive electronic sensor that detects the electric field created by a beating human heart, even through barriers.
So please tell us how we would use a device designed for detecting humans in our hobby of Treasure Hunting..Art

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
aarthrj3811 said:
~woof~
What’s to understand about the advetisment..
The lightweight, hand-held DKL LifeGuard™ is a passive electronic sensor that detects the electric field created by a beating human heart, even through barriers.
So please tell us how we would use a device designed for detecting humans in our hobby of Treasure Hunting..Art

That's very easy to explain.

You take a simple welding rod, hot-glue a transistor to it, and call it anything you want to.

Since none of the LRLs actually do anything anyway, you just use the same con-artist tactics that they all use!

:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions