Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Frankn,
I'll go back even further: Any have (probably by inheritance) a Flash Gordon Buster Crabbe SCIFI Lap
el pin?
In the early 50s, the Flash Gordon TV adventure series was THE one to watch.
Don...

I think I remember Flash being the cereal on Sat. at the movies. I was more a western guy, Whip Wilson , Lash Laroo, Hopalong Cassity, Gene and Roy etc. Frank

111-1 profile.jpg Flash almost looked like "Men in Tights" with that outfit he wore.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Frankn
Now you're really talking about 'back in the day' for I believe the movie serial actually predated the TV shows--showing the same episodes. You 'one-upped' me on that one !!
Don...

Don, at my age, I can remember seeing my first TV. It was 4"X4", the screen that is and it had a liquid filled magnifier in front of the screen called the bubble. Made it look about 8"X8". I think I watched Howdy Doody on it. lol Frank

111-1 profilecracked.jpg

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Frankn: The first time (pre-1950) I saw TV was at a neighbor's home where the parents invited the kids on the block after school. The channel was either 11 or 13 from New Jersey (I was in NY) and the show was Felix the Cat.
Don.
PS: Did I just hear someone think the word 'geezer'?

speter42

Jan 22, 2013
St Paul, MN
Detector(s) used
Leaning toward A Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
M-80's...cherry bombs, Zebras...!

On the food side...remember "milk toast" warm milk over toast sprinkled with either sugar or sometimes (my favorite...salt) ummmmmm!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Frankn: The first time (pre-1950) I saw TV was at a neighbor's home where the parents invited the kids on the block after school. The channel was either 11 or 13 from New Jersey (I was in NY) and the show was Felix the Cat.
Don.
PS: Did I just hear someone think the word 'geezer'?

Naw,well,maybe,you guys are classics,I enjoy each of your posts and replies,a LOT of wisdom and knowing,just don't let it go to your heads:laughing7: You guys are alright.

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I delivered 5 cent newspapers on my bike, when Alaska was made a state, and was happy to get a V nickle as a tip at end of the week! HH Boris

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I delivered 5 cent newspapers on my bike, when Alaska was made a state, and was happy to get a V nickle as a tip at end of the week! HH Boris

Boris,where did you live back then,59 I was down the crik swimin with the gators and moccasins in Jax.Fla.thanks man,brought back some wild times,freaked my Mom plumb oui!

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used

Boris, I can see how can do this for 3 month up there, But how did you do it for the other 9 months? Frank
PS: Never got a tip on my route in 3 years. Maybe I broke to many milk bottles.

6 06-2 YELLOWSTONE 004-1.jpg

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Did ya ever think how completely odd it was to have a ventriloquist Edger Bergen on the radio. Who could tell if his lips were moving?
I had a ring I sent for from the radio show Straight Arrow. It had the Comanche words for friend and foe on the inside. Friend = Tooka. Foe = Kagaway I think. It fit any size finger and also turn your finger green.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
OK , these are really old, On the radio at nite- Fibber Mc gee and Molly- or Allan's alley where he visited his friends like Senator Clanghorn. I remember laying in bed at night listening to them on my Transoceanic radio maybe about '46. Frank

111-1 profileblk.jpg

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Every show Fibber would open the closet and all that was heard was junk falling out. Red Skeleton, The Shadow, Saturday morning Lets Pretend, Tom Mix, Straight Arrow, Sgt Preston of the Yucon. Geeeeze Frankin your making me feel out dated. And all this w/o the transistor.
"Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of men.....Haaaaaa The Shadow knows."
I think we've lost them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Every show Fibber would open the closet and all that was heard was junk falling out. Red Skeleton, The Shadow, Saturday morning Lets Pretend, Tom Mix, Straight Arrow, Sgt Preston of the Mounties. Geeeeze Frankin your making me feel out dated. And all this w/o the transistor.
"Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of men.....Haaaaaa The Shadow knows."
I think we've lost them.

While in the orient, Lamount Cranston learned the ancient secret of clouding men's minds so they could'n see him! lol...Frank

111-1 profileblk.jpg

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Did ya ever think how completely odd it was to have a ventriloquist Edger Bergen on the radio. Who could tell if his lips were moving?
I had a ring I sent for from the radio show Straight Arrow. It had the Comanche words for friend and foe on the inside. Friend = Tooka. Foe = Kagaway I think. It fit any size finger and also turn your finger green.

If you never told your age you just did,hope you are still gettin along!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread