The 2 Old Cellar Holes - Gave up more Coins - Plus SNOW!!!!!

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
? ? ?To make a long story short, Walking out the door this morning at 7:00 am there was a very light rain so off I went to meet Tim and Jeff and the old cellar holes . The ride is about a hour so after about 50 minutes I noticed some snow starting to fall and when arriving at the site The snow was coming down nice and steady ..This was a surprise ,since it was just going to rain today..Tim and Jeff were in the woods when I got there so in I went .The woods were? not? bad the snow was a little less with the trees around... When I ran into tim he already found a large cent .We could not see a date so we kept on digging...With the ground nice and wet from the rain and snow we had this winter? the signals would be a little different from the Dry ground we hunted all this year at this site...My plan was to dig those deep low tone signals.? ?After about 10 minutes I got a nice low consistant tone and after digging down about 7 inches out popped a silver Half real,cleaning it off I could see the markings on one side.? With Tim walking over we decided to take a Hot coffee Break and have a? few left overs from Christmas ...With a large cent a couple of buttons and a silver piece we started detecting again and by the time we finished we had found? 3 coins, 12 Buttons, 1 Jews harp, 1 thimble, and a few other Relics.? So we had a nice time hunting and the snow was on and off for the 5 hours we were there so mabe with the temperature going back into the 40's this week we might be able to get out again this year...So keep on digging no matter what the weather is like!!!!!!!! :)? ? Seeker

Attachments

• Old Place 12-26-05 Snow storm 021 Medium Web view.jpg
    Old Place 12-26-05 Snow storm 021 Medium Web view.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 807
  • Old Place 12-26-05 Snow storm 018 Medium Web view.jpg
    Old Place 12-26-05 Snow storm 018 Medium Web view.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 817
  • Old Place 12-26-05 Snow storm 013 Medium Web view.jpg
    Old Place 12-26-05 Snow storm 013 Medium Web view.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 813
  • Old Place 12-26-05 Snow storm 017 Medium Web view.jpg
    Old Place 12-26-05 Snow storm 017 Medium Web view.jpg