The Adventures of Cherokee Kidd.

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm currently researching a handful of caches . The information I've managed to find on these caches leads me to believe that these caches were all buried by the same group of people as they headed west. I also discovered information on another cache when I was researching the other cache . This other cache was buried by 2 outlaws who had robbed a bank and they headed into town after they buried the cache and they were shot dead by a man who for some reason mistook them for the men who had killed his wife a month before but he found out later that the men who killed his wife had already been killed a week earlier.

OP
OP
C

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Caches

I will be updating this thread as I find new information on the caches. I will start looking for the first cache on tuesday.

OP
OP
C

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I forgot to mention that these caches are in colorado. The first cache I am going to look for is one that I've been researching for the last 3 years. This cache was buried in 1862 which means it was buried before the town that sits a few miles away was started because the town wasn't formed until 1876 or 1886 depending on which version of the towns history you believe.

OP
OP
C

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well I will start hunting the first cache tomorrow. I did alittle more research on it today and I think I've narrowed its location down to a fairly small area. I also found more information on another cache I've been researching. Apparently it was buried in 1850 from all the information I've been able to find it looks like it was buried by a man who was heading west to try and strike it rich on the goldfields but he started committing robberies along the way and he cached some of his loot as he continued west but he was never able to return to the site where he cached his loot because he was killed 2 days later during a arguement with a man he had just robbed a bank with as they couldn't come to terms on how to split the money.

OP
OP
C

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks. I will let everyone know how it turns out , of course I'm not going to say anything if I find it.

O

Old Silver

What, you're not gonna split it with us? ;D
Seriously, I wish you the best in finding the caches. They are certainly a lot of fun to look for.

OP
OP
C

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

;D Well I had a good hunt today. I'll be hunting again tomorrow. I didn't know this before I headed out to the site but it seems as though there were several houses or buildings there at some point because I saw several foundations scattered around the area so I might have to do some research to find out what used to be there . I'll let everyone know what I find out about the foundations.

OP
OP
C

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I had another good hunt today. I didn't have time to do any research to find out what used to be there but I'll look into it sometime . I'll be moving soon so I won't be able to get back out there to hunt for a while. Hopefully this thread will be kept alive by others telling of your adventures in cache hunting.

OP
OP
C

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ok I'm back. I'll be getting back out there this week to continue my hunt. I'll keep this thread updated.

OP
OP
C

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'll be taking some time away from detecting to focus on family because I had a death in the family today. I'll update this thread as soon as I return to the hunt.

ZINCLID

Apr 2, 2010
ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
Mostly Tesoro units-I've owned five of them--but I've used Whites,Fishers,Garretts,Nautilus, Minelab, and Detex.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sorry about the family loss, as to the cache hunting, I hope you have good luck with it. Colorado has some good old history...I'd search around those old foundations and even if you didn't find the cache you hoped for, then maybe you'd have some neat finds from around those old foundations. Good Luck! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: :headbang: :hello2:

OP
OP
C

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'll be heading out this weekend to continue my hunt.

OP
OP
C

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well I had a pretty ugly situation over the weekend. I was out at the site doing a search of the area near the foundations and I just finished digging a signal when all of a sudden I hear someone screaming and I turned around to see a man and a woman running a few hundred yards away then I saw a group of people chasing them, to make a long story short I witnessed a attempted robbery luckily I was able to calm the situation.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR

This should have been titled, "The adventures of the Cherokee Kid"!

OP
OP
C

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well I was planning on heading out to the site this weekend to continue my hunt but I have to work so I'll have to wait til next weekend to search the rest of that area.

OP
OP
C

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I'll be starting a new search for a cache in new mexico in july. I had good luck on the other search . I'll be updating this as I go.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread