C

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanted to give everyone a little info about who buried the cache I'll be searching for and when it was buried etc. The information I have seems to suggest that it was buried in 1865 by a group of men who robbed a stagecoach , they buried it near what was at the time a larger town but today little is left of the town. None of the men were ever able to return to the site where they buried the cache because they were killed in a shootout with lawmen and a posse soon after they buried it. The research I've done also suggests that the same men who buried this cache may have buried others because they were wanted for several other robberies . I also found info on another possible cache that was buried in 1867 by a man heading east from what info I found I think he was a miner but I'm not sure why he buried it, I did find info suggesting his body was found near where the info says the cache is buried but the details as to what happened or why he was killed seem to be sketchy at best.

OP
OP
C

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I decided to put the NM search on hold as I just got a good lead on another cache I've been researching here in CO. I'll keep the thread updated as I go. I'm not going to talk about this cache because I know of a couple of other hunters who have been trying to find it and I'm not sure if they come on tnet or not.

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very best of luck to you cherokee kidd and try to keep us updated about your progress.
take care and be carefull out there. ron

OP
OP
C

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I'll be heading out to start my search today. I'll keep the thread updated and let everyone know how it turns out.

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cherokee_Kidd said:
Well I'll be starting a new search for a cache in new mexico in july. I had good luck on the other search . I'll be updating this as I go.

Does this mean you found the cache? How about some pictures? I hear they are worth a thousand words each :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
C

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I didn't have much luck today because it got hot by lunch time so I had to quit early. And to the guy who asked if I found the cache/asked for pictures , cache hunters only post pictures or admit to finding a cache if he/she wants to lose what they found. The smart ones never admit to finding anything.

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cherokee kid, very smart move by not showing or saying anything
if you do find something.
take are and be safe out there. ron

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Cherokee Kid:

You are so right, if you publish enough clues about these marvelous caches
before you know it some scalywag will grab them up before the weather is just
right for digging them up. Just saying what state they are in is dangerous as
some mindreaders might pick your brain while you are sleeping and get there
before you can.

OP
OP
C

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I just wanted to update this thread. I'm doing research on several new caches. I'll update this thread again after I'm done moving into my new house. If you want info on the first cache it's somewhere between the east and west coasts and 1000 miles from where you think it is and 100 miles from anywhere you might go to try to find it.... :laughing7:

OP
OP
C

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No that was to the people who pmed me asking if I could give them hints about where the caches were that I was hunting.

OP
OP
C

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know why some people actually think that someone will do all the research on a cache and then give it away to another person just because they ask .

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
I don't know why some people actually think that someone will do all the research on a cache and then give it away to another person just because they ask .

LOL!!!!! :laughing7:

xd

Oct 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
If you are looking for the one in the springs it as been found already. :icon_thumright:

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
I don't know why some people think that treasure research is reading about
some writer's theory of what "might" have happened maybe a century ago. To
really research a lead you can't swallow an illogical event. If you are steeped
in the historical record of the area in question and have enough "horse sense"
most yarns don't qualify as probable. If the location according to the source is
within a round day trip, that's good. If you're all fired up go take a look, does
the topography go with the story? Say you get there and find out the land-
marks are all wrong, reality doesn't match with the legend.
I know what it's like to "want" that cache to be there but before leaving the
comfort of home set out to disprove the story as told. Find out what else was
going on that year in history in that locale. Was there really a stage run from
Denver to Diablo in 1878? Was there really a paying gold mine near Cincinatti
in 1907? I hate to tell you but writers sometimes "stretch" out a crumb into a
whole loaf in books, magazines, whatever.
Don't be quick to call it a cache until you prove that it is. Luck to ya.

OP
OP
C

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I've always tried to disprove the stories first and I've found through experience that the truth about most caches is rarely ever as the stories say it was. I remember the first cache I ever tried to find as I dug deeper into the history and tried to find the truth about how/when it was hidden and by who, I noticed the story had changed so much over time that reading the old information I thought I was reading about a different cache. I never start hunting until I've proved that the cache actually was hidden and isn't just a story. I wasn't looking for anything in the springs. I stick to little known caches . I never look into any "cache" that's been written about in books or magazines because those are just stories, good for reading and not much else.

Lucky13

Oct 9, 2010
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics,Teknetics,TEKNETICS!!
Hey man, Good luck on finding those caches but remember,even if you dont find the cache you were looking for you may find something better.I was hunting in an old "Supposed" CivilWar Camp that my grandfather talked about his grandfather going to,I didnt find any gold or diamonds or anything but i did find one badass artillery tow chain Marked 1st Virginia,^$^&$&^$%&$,rusty as hell and barely worth looking at ,let alone digging up, but in my mind, proof of all the great stories he told me as a child.Its worth more than gold to me,Researching a legend and validating it,even if the validation is only to yourself,Its worth ten caches. For what its worth (nadda damn thing)thats my opinion. Good Luck and Happy Hunting.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cherokee_Kidd said:

I don't know why some people post info about caches in threads then refuse to discuss if or when they find something. That's like writing a mystery novel and leaving out the last five pages.
That bit about never posting finds is horse hockey. Share your finds or at least give us a hint if someone PM's you.

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GopherDaGold said:
Cherokee_Kidd said:

I don't know why some people post info about caches in threads then refuse to discuss if or when they find something. That's like writing a mystery novel and leaving out the last five pages.
That bit about never posting finds is horse hockey. Share your finds or at least give us a hint if someone PM's you.

Kind of like Seinfeld- a show about nothing.

Now if one wanted to help others or at least help others get interested he could say what kind of research he did or what kind of cache he was looking for. I had a friend who hunted bottles in a 'dry' town. Said the outhouse was no more than 15 steps out the back door. This kind of info would help others but in no way give enough info about his 'honey hole'.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread