Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jul 9, 2010
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
I agree that its safer to stay silent, but i also agree about the leaving out the last five pages of the mystery... either way i sincerly hope you the best of luck in your searches! :icon_thumleft:

augusthog

Aug 8, 2010
Colorado
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter big bud pro
"The caches that I'm looking for are silver and gold coins . 2 of the caches are buried in a area that's now woods but when they were buried there was a cabin there and the caches were buried near the cabin. Another cache that I'm looking for is a cache of gold" .

Hey Kid! Good luck on your quest. I'm trying to get permission to dig around "Jimmys" place but the city owns it now and I am having a very hard time with them. Don't know how reliable my info is, but I would LOVE to check it out.
If ya need any help or want to compare notes, PM me.
P.S. I would rather spend my Sundays Digging than watchin the Broncos

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for letting us know more :icon_thumleft: All I really wanted to know was if it's silver, gold, gems, bottles, etc. Details not required.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I had started a topic like this and did find a substantial cache, I would have to post pics, it would kill me not to. Granted it wouldn't be in my "usual username", I would go to the local library or the nearest area with public wi-fi and join as a new member using a new name and post some pics with a short story, no specific details, no shots too close as to identify too much and then I would thank "myself" (usual username) for giving me the clues that lead me to the cache, but that's me. Good luck Cherokee_Kidd.

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Bridgeport Connecticut and have no plans in going out west. Hate big snakes.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having started thunting back in the 60s, I personally knew two people that had their houses broken into to get their finds because they ran their mouths. Back in the early 70s I was audited by IRS, and the subject of my finds came up over and over again. Probably said too much somewhere or p*zzed someone off. If you ever get audited keep asking them if you can depreciate your detector. P^zzed him off because he had to keep running down the hall to check the laws. I finally got the audit ended by asking him if I signed any of the papers would I be giving up any of my rights guaranteed ne by the constitution. He got up gathered up all the papers & left the office. After a helf hour he came back with a cup of coffee & said "You still here? We're done".

Next time you're researching try looking up treasures stolen in California in the 1970s. You old timers probably recall who I'm talking about. Also, in the last two or three years several nugget shooters in Arizona have had their nuggies & equipment stolen from their houses. (Hint Prescott area).

And finally, think about it. The treasure trove laws< If you dig anything older than clad, you're basicly breaking a law. Best bet is to say nothing live long stay safe and happy and don't tell the ex anything!!!

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep your coins and other expenses items and treasure in bank safe deposit boxes and keep your big mouth shut.

OP
OP
C

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep I see all of your points. I know a guy who's one of those guys that supposedly found something only to lose it because he showed his so called bestfriend. I'll never admit to finding anything because people can't be trusted.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanted to give everyone a little info about who buried the cache I'll be searching for and when it was buried etc. The information I have seems to suggest that it was buried in 1865 by a group of men who robbed a stagecoach , they buried it near what was at the time a larger town but today little is left of the town. None of the men were ever able to return to the site where they buried the cache because they were killed in a shootout with lawmen and a posse soon after they buried it. The research I've done also suggests that the same men who buried this cache may have buried others because they were wanted for several other robberies . I also found info on another possible cache that was buried in 1867 by a man heading east from what info I found I think he was a miner but I'm not sure why he buried it, I did find info suggesting his body was found near where the info says the cache is buried but the details as to what happened or why he was killed seem to be sketchy at best.
I read these types of treasure stories all the time. Bad guys rob bank/train/etc., posse kills them in shoot out, money is not recovered and assumed buried.

I like to read between the lines, and here is what I think actually happened in a lot these incidences. Posse kills them in gun fight recovers money, and then decides to split it up between the posse in pay for risking their lives in a shoot out, instead of taking it back to some fat cat banker, who probably has mortgages on all the posse's homes.

When some one is trying to kill you, and you are risking your life to defend another mans coins, I bet a simple "thank you" is not gonna cut it.

Put yourself in the posse's shoes, you killed the bad guys, isn't that the most important thing?

I bet this is what really happened in a lot of cases.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread