The easement queen strikes again... Awesome find in under an hour. Sooo excited!!

BixbyTreasure

Mar 8, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, for those of you that know me, you know that easements are my thing. I don't usually do well at parks, ball fields, lakes or any of the "normal" places that many of you all get excited about. I am uncertain why, but every bit of gold and old coins i've found has been in an easement, and I promise its not for a lack of trying.

At any rate, I woke up this morning and my digger (boyfriend) says, "let's go metal detecting, I've got a good feeling about today". I ask where he wants to go and he doesn't know. We have this system see... we decide on a place, then while en route I'll get a feeling and totally go outside of the plan. We hadn't been using the system lately and well, the finds have definitely been reflecting this. Don't get me wrong, I love to detect, but there are only so many pennies and beer tabs one wants to find before they find something better to do with their time. That being said, I decided that we needed to get back on track. Almost 4 hours later, he finally answers me and awaaaayyyy we go. So we're cruisin down the highway and I'm thinkin about some research I did awhile back on the history of Tulsa. I get that little tingle...you all know the one I mean. Funny, he doesn't even ask. This site does have it all though, park, one of the first schools in the area. A newer school building, city bus stop, a nearby creek, and a church across the street. I head for the easement, as I am wont to do. We find a few old pipe fittings, pop bottle caps, and what appears to be a vienna sausage can. At this point, he is encouraging me to go the other direction to the park, all the while I am heading for the bus stop on the corner, directly across from the church. He wanders along behind me, wishing I'd change my mind. I think he said something about how trashy the corner is likely to be, but I'm involved in swingin ma coil. We find a few more bottle caps, about .30 in clad a few pins (which I can only assume came from the electric pole above), then get I a signal at the top end of the Ace 250. I figure its something else related to the pole, considering that it is ringing up so high and it seems fairly large, (I don't keep my sensitivity above a 3). The boy pulls out a plug and still in the hole is the biggest coin I've ever seen, initially, I thought it might be some kind of token (which is also on my list), but as I pull it out of the hole, this is what I found. This has been on my list. It has some damage to the rim, almost like it was placed in a vice, but the detail is absolutely beautiful for a 133 year old coin. Liberty is intact and the eagle feathers are stunning.The mint is an S. I detected for a few more minutes, hammered the area I found it, but found nothing else of interest. We decided to pack it in, didn't think we'd get much better than this today.

Thanks for reading and HH

Attachments

• Dollar Back.jpg
    Dollar Back.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 975
  • Dollar Front.jpg
    Dollar Front.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 1,011
Upvote 35

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VERY nice !!

GioTheGreek

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
XP DÉUS, Minelab E-TRAC, Pro-Pointer, Hawk-like Vision, Receding Hairline
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fantastic story. That silver dollar is awesome. :)

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
now thats what this hobby is all about!, good job

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Good for you!!!!

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

whammy

Oct 23, 2012
Conquest New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, DFX, Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, good on ya. It sure doesn't get much better than that. Congratulations on a great silver.

Sledgod2

May 31, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
BH Quick Draw II,
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! That's on my list as well...

terpfan

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Maryland/ NC
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent score! IMO Those Morgan dollars have one of the nicest designs of any US coin. They do not turn up very often on this forum. You did really well, congrats.

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL SILVER DOLLAR! WOWEE!!! :notworthy: :occasion18: :hello2: Haven't even read most of your post yet cuz YOUR SILVER DOLLAR KNOCKED ME OUT OF MY CHAIR! BIG CONGRATS! Andi

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations ! You have just achieved something that most metal detectorists will not ! Silver Dollars are a tough find !!
I'm thinking about as rare as finding a flying eagle cent or a three cent nickel piece ! ( no way to evaluate that claim I realize )

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find not many of those have i seen dug before , beautiful coin :icon_thumright: HH Jim

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the big silver a very nice find indeed.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's outstanding. that is one coin that has always been on my list. congrats!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats and a great find! I agree that any day you can find a Morgan Silver Dollar, it's a bumper day!

By the way, the coin did not receive damage to the rim due to a vice. The damage was from the coin being dropped at least twice on it's rim and impacting something hard!

Frank

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
FREAKIN" WOW:hello2:...found only one Silver Dollar in my thirty years of hunting!
...this may a dumb question but what is an easement? (I bet we call them something else here).

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread