The easement queen strikes again... Awesome find in under an hour. Sooo excited!!

BixbyTreasure

Mar 8, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, for those of you that know me, you know that easements are my thing. I don't usually do well at parks, ball fields, lakes or any of the "normal" places that many of you all get excited about. I am uncertain why, but every bit of gold and old coins i've found has been in an easement, and I promise its not for a lack of trying.

At any rate, I woke up this morning and my digger (boyfriend) says, "let's go metal detecting, I've got a good feeling about today". I ask where he wants to go and he doesn't know. We have this system see... we decide on a place, then while en route I'll get a feeling and totally go outside of the plan. We hadn't been using the system lately and well, the finds have definitely been reflecting this. Don't get me wrong, I love to detect, but there are only so many pennies and beer tabs one wants to find before they find something better to do with their time. That being said, I decided that we needed to get back on track. Almost 4 hours later, he finally answers me and awaaaayyyy we go. So we're cruisin down the highway and I'm thinkin about some research I did awhile back on the history of Tulsa. I get that little tingle...you all know the one I mean. Funny, he doesn't even ask. This site does have it all though, park, one of the first schools in the area. A newer school building, city bus stop, a nearby creek, and a church across the street. I head for the easement, as I am wont to do. We find a few old pipe fittings, pop bottle caps, and what appears to be a vienna sausage can. At this point, he is encouraging me to go the other direction to the park, all the while I am heading for the bus stop on the corner, directly across from the church. He wanders along behind me, wishing I'd change my mind. I think he said something about how trashy the corner is likely to be, but I'm involved in swingin ma coil. We find a few more bottle caps, about .30 in clad a few pins (which I can only assume came from the electric pole above), then get I a signal at the top end of the Ace 250. I figure its something else related to the pole, considering that it is ringing up so high and it seems fairly large, (I don't keep my sensitivity above a 3). The boy pulls out a plug and still in the hole is the biggest coin I've ever seen, initially, I thought it might be some kind of token (which is also on my list), but as I pull it out of the hole, this is what I found. This has been on my list. It has some damage to the rim, almost like it was placed in a vice, but the detail is absolutely beautiful for a 133 year old coin. Liberty is intact and the eagle feathers are stunning.The mint is an S. I detected for a few more minutes, hammered the area I found it, but found nothing else of interest. We decided to pack it in, didn't think we'd get much better than this today.

Thanks for reading and HH

Attachments

• Dollar Back.jpg
    Dollar Back.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 975
  • Dollar Front.jpg
    Dollar Front.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 1,011
Upvote 35

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That find would make my day! Infact,my week!:thumbsup:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jjg70

Dec 12, 2010
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250. Garrett AT Pro
Great find. That seems like the perfect place, by a bus stop

dfx-kevin

Mar 15, 2013
Southwest mississippi
Detector(s) used
whites dfx and Tesoro original silver saber
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
always nice to have your plug of dirt to break in half to find a dollar!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions