The grandaddy of all Treasure Puzzles FORREST FENNS POEM

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The treasure was there no more no less

Nuff Said~

ThirtyDollars

Greenie
Jun 7, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was all fascinating.

I personally believe the treasure is a hoax. Best to seek lost treasure that is confirmed to have been real at one time (ships, etc. with a manifest). If I'm ever in New Mexico near some of the places mentioned in the OP's thread (or Godson), I'll snoop around a bit, but won't get my hopes up. Both guys ended up looking in the same place I did on maps as I narrowed it down to the same general area within a couple hours on the computer.

The way I see Forrest Fenn's treasure is this: Until it's found, then it's a hoax.

My judgement on the guy: If he really hid a box of gold and jewels, etc., then he's a legend for the ages.

If it's a hoax, then he's just a swindler like the Rev. Jim Jones. The world doesn't need snake oil salesmen. They are a waste of oxygen.

OP
OP
S

SlickNickeL

Aug 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been awhile since I have visited.
We are coming up on a 2 year anniversary of this thread and I hope to post something insightful and different that will enlighten some, and entrench others deeper into the Legand of Forrest Finn.
What's changed since this publication? Noda!!! Nothing, not one single thought as to the outcome, EXCEPT for one major thing.
The Indian with horse head, headdress, I am now claiming as my own, so it will be know as FOELLER'S Indian and Horse headdress at Folsom Falls New Mexico. I have discovered a treasure that is worth more than any one couldever dream of. In order to get to the center where the altar and grotto is located, all you will have to do is superimpose A Poem written by a Mr. Fenn to get to it. I wonder how many other places in this world that Mr. Fens treasure poem will discover.
More to follow. I will release a description of how to get to my Indian and Horse at Folsom Falls using definitions from a dictionary, that when condensed, represent one single word. It ought to be interesting to some.
"I have always had the eyes of a child, and the more I see, the more I want my heart to do the same"PF

crowdundle

Jun 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Home of Brown is a Bear.

Or a Butt(e)!

I also regard the "meek" as a reference to "and the meek shall inherit the Earth". "No place for the meek" = not earth = water.

I'd be looking for a place where you have to wade (or paddle) upstream until confronted by a waterfall.

"If you've been wise" Wise River, or Wisdom, Montana?

"The 'end' is nigh" - Boner Knob?!

I also interpret the last line "I give you title to the gold" to mean that there is a big clue in the title of the poem - Chase Hill, Montana for example.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SlickNickeL

Aug 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fenn can't end the chase. Since the box itself is fake, (not genuine 1150 a.d. Romanesque), the Chest will never see light of day under any circumstances. Fenn's reputation and word would be mudd. I suspect that the chest was melted down a long time ago by Fenn himself. The makers-mark, is in the back left hand inside of the box in the form of a water mark representing the craftsmen face. Just do a search of a video on making a treasure chest, look at the artisan, then compare his face to the watermark "photoshopped" on the wood liner of Fenn's chest. (You will need the correct picture) it looks like a reflection from a coin, but the direction of the light is incorrect for this to happen, meaning, the image was done intentionally.

Bloodline

Feb 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or a Butt(e)!

I also regard the "meek" as a reference to "and the meek shall inherit the Earth". "No place for the meek" = not earth = water.

I'd be looking for a place where you have to wade (or paddle) upstream until confronted by a waterfall.

"If you've been wise" Wise River, or Wisdom, Montana?

"The 'end' is nigh" - Boner Knob?!

I also interpret the last line "I give you title to the gold" to mean that there is a big clue in the title of the poem - Chase Hill, Montana for example.
The Home of Brown is a Bear. Click the link below to learn more about this.
P.S. It's not in Montana.

Prime

Apr 30, 2004
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI2500 with EagleEye.
Primary Interest:
Other
He should have hidden it in a relatively safe area, but at the same time the people who are searching for his treasure should take more care.

OP
OP
S

SlickNickeL

Aug 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.png
Look at all the shiney stuff! This must mean it's real!
Now look at the braising bead in the left hand corner of the lid. Now look at the perfect 90 degree angles and perfect fitting contact of the lid with a perfectly flat contact lid with those wonderful hinges.
Now, show me just one example from @1150 A.D. of a similar chest that's 100% Bronze with perfect angles and the ability to weld? All casts of the time period were single one piece pours. Forest Fenn said he paid $25,000.00 for the box. Would you? Only aliens could have made this!
If a man lies about a small detail like authenticity, then who's to say any of it is real at all? Know the man, know the story, know the truth.

USAuPzlBxBob

Jun 27, 2017
New Jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SlickNickeL, I’m trying to pin down Forrest Fenn’s mentioning of a “bicycle” or “bike,” that you have alluded to. (not really interested in a solve)

In your original post of this thread, Aug 27, 2015, 04:07 PM, you state:

I believe that the gate to the quarry had once been unchained and unlocked. I believe that Forrest parked his car in the quarry where it couldn’t be seen at all by anyone, unless you were on top of it. This plays to the minor clue and points to the safe passage that would be 36.863367, -103.888301 "new and old." This is the exact place where the "new" blacktop road intersected with the "old" Ft. Union Wagon trail road. It crosses very close to the quarry gate entrance which is now locked, thus prompting my previous explanation of why a bike would be needed.

I could find nothing in your original post, prior to this statement, about a “bike.”

So, were you referring to a post by yourself, or someone else, before August 27, 2015, 04:07 PM, where you provided a previous explanation of why a bike would be needed?

Then, on Aug 31,2015, 09:18 PM, a little over five hours later, you state:

FF said "I wish someone would go in there with a bike and get it" this is because they locked the quarry entrance that was once a place to park, now is invalid as place to park.

In this above statement you quoted Forrest Fenn in your post.

Finally, just a little over 13 hours later, Sep 01, 2015, 10:33 AM, you state:

ANSWERS
FF didn't take a bike! 5 years ago, the quarry gate was open! HE COULD PARK HIS CAR IN THE QUARRY! It's now locked and has a no trespassing sign on it.
FF later made his "bike statement"'if some one can find that interview or article, I would be obliged, if they posted it.

If you quoted Forrest Fenn 13 hours before, how is it that you couldn't find the source of your quote?

Can you provide any evidence that Forrest Fenn made a “bike” or “bicycle" related statement?

Much appreciated if you can help on this.

Best,

Bob

USAuPzlBxBob

Jun 27, 2017
New Jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, checked everywhere on Dal's site, bicycle and bike as separate key words. Found this…

“I am a very simple person and you want me to have copious meetings with lawyers, preachers, undertakers and your family. What is wrong with me just riding my bike out there and throwing it in the “water high” when I am through with it? You don’t know how many man hours I have spent on that subject. Thanks for the input but I think you should mobilize your club and hit the trail searching for the wondrous treasure. Besides, I’ll probably get hit by a train. When you find*the treasure*please come sell me the great turquoise and silver bracelet that is in the chest. I wish now that I had kept it. f” This was his (Forrest’s) response about dying near the treasure chest.

One of the later replies to this discussion is:

Stephanie on October 4, 2012 at 12:59 am said: 

That was a great hint. He rode his bike all over Yellowstone and there’s water and he mentions the train station there(it’s not there anymore. Something else is in it’s place). So he would have had to maybe pass the train to get to his special spot.. That could narrow it down pretty good. It’s probably not likely that he rode his bike as an adult. His blog just talked about riding it back to a lake there. It’s a bit too cold for me to go there now though…I’ll get it next spring…oh and the grizzlies…not a big fan of being a bears dinner. Breakfast or lunch either. But this could be totally wrong lol. I did always like the idea the brave could be the danger of it being on a caldera.

I tend to agree with Stephanie.

OP
OP
S

SlickNickeL

Aug 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, checked everywhere on Dal's site, bicycle and bike as separate key words. Found this…

“I am a very simple person and you want me to have copious meetings with lawyers, preachers, undertakers and your family. What is wrong with me just riding my bike out there and throwing it in the “water high” when I am through with it? You don’t know how many man hours I have spent on that subject. Thanks for the input but I think you should mobilize your club and hit the trail searching for the wondrous treasure. Besides, I’ll probably get hit by a train. When you find*the treasure*please come sell me the great turquoise and silver bracelet that is in the chest. I wish now that I had kept it. f” This was his (Forrest’s) response about dying near the treasure chest.

One of the later replies to this discussion is:

Stephanie on October 4, 2012 at 12:59 am said: 

That was a great hint. He rode his bike all over Yellowstone and there’s water and he mentions the train station there(it’s not there anymore. Something else is in it’s place). So he would have had to maybe pass the train to get to his special spot.. That could narrow it down pretty good. It’s probably not likely that he rode his bike as an adult. His blog just talked about riding it back to a lake there. It’s a bit too cold for me to go there now though…I’ll get it next spring…oh and the grizzlies…not a big fan of being a bears dinner. Breakfast or lunch either. But this could be totally wrong lol. I did always like the idea the brave could be the danger of it being on a caldera.

I tend to agree with Stephanie.

The quote is out there! Ya just have to go digging!
Problem is, no one wants to translate the radio interviews into content so that it can be easily searched for, so my advice is to expand your ability to remember everything that Fenn has wrote, said, or interviewed.
I'm not the encyclopedia of Fenn, nor do I choose to be, it would be a valuable waste of my good time.
Here is a fun little tidbit of info,
Fenn told someone in a private letter that they needed to be in tight focus with "iT".
I know who the someone is, and I know what "iT" is. Here is a hint. The Indians name is "i" AND this is also "iT" that one must be in tight focus with.
image.png

Billythekidney

Tenderfoot
Jul 31, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi y'all I am relatively new to the treasure hunt, but new to this place, where is the best place to discuss the Fenn treasure?

Aug 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Slicknickel, today I read your big solve on the FFTC that you posted two years ago and a lot of the discussion that immediately followed it.
I know very little about FF or treasure hunting in general, but I am very intrigued by the nature of the discussion and many of the nuances. In fact, in some ways the actual treasure and your solve are less interesting to me than the surrounding discussion.
Anyway, may I ask you a few questions please, if only for my own curiosity and enlightenment?
1. You clearly spent considerable time solving the poem, and assert quite strongly that your solution is correct to the point of making the case that it is provable that your solution is correct and leaving almost no possibility otherwise. You have also spent a lot of time studying FF to the point where you are very convinced that he would not leave any actual treasure for anyone under any circumstances based on his background and known life history. You were beaten up pretty badly early on in this thread by those who felt that your assertion that there is no treasure was a form of "sour grapes" and a way for you to protect your confidence in your solve. My question is this, because I do not think you ever addressed it: What did you think beforehand? That is, BEFORE you actually went to the place of your solution with your metal detector and camera, did you think at that time that there would probably not be any treasure there (because of what you thought of FF), or did you believe there was a good chance, since you believed your solution to be the correct one, that you would find an actual treasure chest there?
2. As I understand your solve and supporting comments, it would seem that for your solve to make sense and be correct, it would require the puzzle itself and its creator FF to be exquisitely clever and perfect in every way, without any miscalculations, devious red herrings, or honest mistakes. A Level 10 puzzle as you describe it, worked out and thought through and mapped out with extreme forethought and precision. Yet the way you have described FF, including the accusation that he publicly changed the description of the possible boundaries for the treasure for greedy reasons, would lead one to think he might not only be capable of creating a treasure puzzle with no real treasure, but a puzzle with little rhyme or reason either, with the purpose of sending everyone on a wild goose chase where clues don't match, are incorrect, made up, or are deliberately misleading or meant to outright deceive. So my second question is why you believe that the poem/puzzle is a Perfect 10 masterpiece and completely legit, while also believing just as strongly that practically every other thing about FF is fraudulent?
Thank you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread