The GREAT TREASURE NET "SMOKE-OUT" (November 1, 2007)

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: The GREAT TREASURE NET "SMOKE-OUT" (November 1, 2007)

You can do it Dogcaught !! :thumbsup:

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats on NO smoking and on your up comming nupitals! Congrats on them both to both of you ! I think they are both something to celebrate! So when is the big date?

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I will be going on chantax in the next month or so.......... :-\

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Giving Up Smoking Nicotine is one of the best moves you can make in Your Life.
2 Years plus, me free now and forever, yeehah, thanks T'Net support :icon_thumleft:
Mike

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

Mental Granny said:
Congrats on NO smoking and on your up comming nupitals! Congrats on them both to both of you ! I think they are both something to celebrate! So when is the big date?

Nuptials?

:) Evy hun - The only plan right now is that Lisa will be going to school here and sharing space with me through this next semester... and while we hope it turns into a lifetime together, it'll be roomates first. There is no date except she'll be here at the new year.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ok then I hope it works out for the best and I am hoping that best leads to a lifetime togeather! Now PLEASE post snow pics of you all having fun in the snow you have so much beautiful secenery there!

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

2weeks 3:22 smoke-free, 281 cigs not smoked, $77.28 saved, 23:25 life saved

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

BaconSweaterVestCracklinHatElf said:
2weeks 3:22 smoke-free, 281 cigs not smoked, $77.28 saved, 23:25 life saved
Congratulations! Keep up the good work! We need you around!

Digger

Mar 24, 2003
Dodge City Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A coworker and I put down our cigs as of last November and its been a life changing event to say the least, and not all for the good I'm afraid.

I've had to change a lot of my normal routines because of how a lack of nicotine has altered my body. For as long as I can remember I have started my day with a pot of coffee. For some reason now coffee in the morning makes me sick to my stomach. I really mis my morning coffee. I've felt like crap for close to 1 1/2 months now and I've been told that is my body purging the poison and expect it for 6 months.

My coworker started having problems breathing and ended up in ICU with an irregular heartbeat. She found out it was caused by a thyroid problem that was being suppressed by the nicotine but now has surfaced. She was told many people have health problems that show up after they quit smoking that nicotine was keeping subdued. She ended up being flown to a bigger hospital because her irregular heartbeat was putting too much fluid in her system and started filling her lungs.

There are also possible problems that can happen from stopping smoking and people need to be aware of it as well. I am really pissed off that no one bothered to tell me that I will probably feel like crap for 6 months, or that I could develop life threatening conditions when I try to quit. Being honest and upfront about what one can expect will make the challenge a little more easer to endure. I'm still not smoking since November of last year because I've put in too much effort to give up now, but I would have liked to have known what was coming.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Things I've noticed EVERYTHING is way to salty :BangHead: even cheese ???
Food taste so overwhelming.......My brother was shocked I quit......My lungs are cleaning themselves out slowly....I can breath, no more wheezing..
Coffee makes me want to smoke but that passes....After eating a good meal..... :help:
...There are "triggers" all day long.But for the most part I ignore it and move along....The 4th day I got a migraine,sound and light made me want to puke....Also my sense of smell has been pretty good even when i smoked NOW,I can smell a cig 50 feet away and a smoker 20 feet away........My eating hasn't really changed,(eating a little healthier)but I am always wanting to eat to satisfy my nicotine craving..... Its a big changed :headbang:

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

BaconSweaterVestCracklinHatElf said:
Things I've noticed EVERYTHING is way to salty :BangHead: even cheese ???
Food taste so overwhelming.......My brother was shocked I quit......My lungs are cleaning themselves out slowly....I can breath, no more wheezing..
Coffee makes me want to smoke but that passes....After eating a good meal..... :help:
...There are "triggers" all day long.But for the most part I ignore it and move along....The 4th day I got a migraine,sound and light made me want to puke....Also my sense of smell has been pretty good even when i smoked NOW,I can smell a cig 50 feet away and a smoker 20 feet away........My eating hasn't really changed,(eating a little healthier)but I am always wanting to eat to satisfy my nicotine craving..... Its a big changed :headbang:

EDDE! Yea - even now over 2 years later the taste of food still suprises me, or, maybe it's Lisa's fantastic cooking? I don't salt anything anymore. I know what you mean about the "triggers" being an issue. I always wanted one when I drank coffee, beer or booze, when I sat at the computer to read or was around anyone who just talks about smoking. Stick it out - too many people want you around for a little while longer. I'm doing stuff today I couldnt have done if I was a smoker - and that includes being with the woman I adore.

Keep it up dude!

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

"I don't salt anything anymore." Same here
I had Jimmy Johns sub the other day.Blew my mind :icon_shaking2: I could taste everything in every bite ! :hello2: Going to take up hiking/back packing this year :thumbsup: Oh and buy a new rifle with the money I don't spend on cigs :laughing7:

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am so proud of you all your doing great! and all you said was sooo true! I just found out from some other people that if ....... Jeff WAS going to go to Dr. Last Friday for the pain..... and to get that pill to quit smoking ...... both for me!

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I was smoking 3-4 packs a day up untill a month ago when I quit cold turkey. I have noticed that things taste different.....funny thing though as some have mentioned things tasting salty.I noticed things taste peppery ? I have been eating grapes/fruit to help with cravings and they taste peppery for some reason.I drink alot of gingerale and found that I dont much care for that anymore as it tastes funny.But at least chocolate,cheesecake,and the realy good stuff tastes even better.....thank god for that !!!!! ;D

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

kieser sousa/rip said:
I was smoking 3-4 packs a day up untill a month ago when I quit cold turkey. I have noticed that things taste different.....funny thing though as some have mentioned things tasting salty.I noticed things taste peppery ? I have been eating grapes/fruit to help with cravings and they taste peppery for some reason.I drink alot of gingerale and found that I dont much care for that anymore as it tastes funny.But at least chocolate,cheesecake,and the realy good stuff tastes even better.....thank god for that !!!!! ;D

I add pepper to everything - so that wouldnt bother me at all.

Cold-turkey was my method too.

Your tastes, and a lot of things, will be changing for a while... it'll seem like forever fighting urges, then one day you'll realize it's been a week since smoking has seriously crossed your mind, and the smell alone will turn you off.

Way to go man - good on ya!

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Montana Jim said:
kieser sousa/rip said:

I add pepper to everything - so that wouldnt bother me at all.

Cold-turkey was my method too.

Your tastes, and a lot of things, will be changing for a while... it'll seem like forever fighting urges, then one day you'll realize it's been a week since smoking has seriously crossed your mind, and the smell alone will turn you off.

Way to go man - good on ya!

Thanks Jim. So far its been pretty easy....I always thought it would be alot harder to quit. But I've made up my mind and wont be going back. The money I've saved is pretty substantial....I figger I was spending over $400 a month....crazy.

Blacksheep

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wisconsin

Hopefully my last day smoking will this Friday. Tried the patch, cold turkey, Chantix. Started taking the Chantix again after a six month break (I was one of those unfortunate to get the bizarre dreams).

Just bought the wife a new (used) van and her law is no smoking in it. Between that and being just so tired of smoking, giving yet another shot. Wish I could quit smoking as easy as I quit drinking. :wink:

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

Blacksheep said:
Hopefully my last day smoking will this Friday. Tried the patch, cold turkey, Chantix. Started taking the Chantix again after a six month break (I was one of those unfortunate to get the bizarre dreams).

Just bought the wife a new (used) van and her law is no smoking in it. Between that and being just so tired of smoking, giving yet another shot. Wish I could quit smoking as easy as I quit drinking. :wink:

Persistance.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

I hope everyone is doing fine. I quit several years back and dont miss it a bit. Not even a tiny bit. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread