THE INJURY THREAD. Post your wounds here.

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Probably shouldn't have climbed the latter in my goofy slippers .

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll be needing crutches and a wheelchair soon. ...And my accident happened 40 years ago!! :BangHead:

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love the old school crutch....no wonder you were offered a wheelchair!

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
I went out to the woods to find a very small Pioneer cemetary. In my haste to get there I left my long pants at home. I followed the deer trails for an hour but couldn't find it. 3 more hours of exploring off the path through brambles and poisin ivy I couldn't locate it (it was one more ridge east I later found out from a local).

From the knees down there are hundreds of scrapes, cuts, and pokes per leg. Some 8 inches long, most two inches long. My legs are numb.

My 5yr old sees this, is very concerned, and examining closely asks how this happened.

I told him I was attacked by two mountain lions and kicked their butts. My legs got scrached up from their claws as they fought to escape my wrath.

After a long pause, "Nu, uh. No, you didn't. You would be dead....right?"

Glad to see his BS meter is calibrated at such a young age. :icon_thumright:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
ROFL - Copy.gif

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have any pics.But for me it is the bee nest's. Always the bee's man. I hate bee's.

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, Garrett GTI 2500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is me removing my stitches because there was a long cue at the hospital.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1474666258.473379.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1474666273.489653.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1474666288.806195.jpg

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great pic Vince!....
So....how that happen?

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hell I always remove my own stitches... just cut and pull...(within sight)? Thus far no problems. It's kind of a no brainier if your not scared of a little pain or skirmish.... MUCH CHEAPER ALSO!!!!

I gave myself 4 stitches once... AND IT WASN'T COOL when I did it but I needed them badly at the time. And in the end... it all worked (for me). But I don't recommend it... but it's not as bad as most folks would thing.

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a few stitches after hernia surgery some years back. Ended up removing all but one stitch, as it just didn't wanna budge. At the doctor's office, the doc just grabbed hold and yanked. Hell, I coulda done that! :tongue3:

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
For me, removing my own stitches is a pleasure. It's similar to that enjoyable feeling when I wiggled a loose tooth.

Here is a minor eye irritation I had.

1474718404828.jpg

From another person's long fingernail.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow.... That's messed up....hate to see a major eye irritation.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow.... That's messed up....hate to see a major eye irritation.

Let me find the picture of that!

I'll be reporting back with that photo....almost lost an eye with that injury.

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Include the story too....can't wait for this.
If my wife comes close to throwing up in her mouth, I'll be thoroughly amused.8-)

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, guess the eyes have it! :laughing7:

No pic, but I responded to a car fire many years ago. While walking around the car (stolen, then set on fire), I was watching my step when a charred pine tree limb stuck me in the eye. It was still glowing red, but fortunately did no damage.

Then as a child (back in Noah's era :tongue3:), I had a toy xylophone. Was running in the house with one of the xylophone sticks in my hand. ...Now I ask you, what happens to VERY young children when they run in the house?? Yep, I fell down and the xylophone stick went into an eye. Mom rushed me to the hospital. Cop caught her speeding and pulled us over. Mom was screaming at the cop, cop was writing a ticket, and I was in the back seat with blood gushing down my face singing "Go Speed Racer, go Speed Racer GO-ooo"! :laughing7:

Funny thing - I had better than 20/20 vision up until a few years ago when I got a really bad infection after some botched dental work. :crybaby2:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea... I don't have the pic either but I really laid one on myself when I was about 11-12 y/o. I had twin sisters which were two years younger than me. Our house only had one bathroom. One sister would be in the bathroom getting ready for school. I'd be standing outside the door waiting to get in. Then the other sister would just enter and the other walk out. Well one day I had had enough of this s**t. One walked in and the other out and I rushed the door... ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE. One took off screaming for MOM!!!! Well I was told to get out if she was already in there..!!!! Go figure...? Before I left the room I picked up the plunger and threw it into the bathtub hard like a spear. And against all odds the damn thing bounced straight back at me with the heavy handle striking me directly in the left eye.. BREAKING the handle in two! Blood was everywhere and my sister ran out of the bathroom screaming. And to add injury to insult my dad walked into the kitchen from his 3rd shirt job at this moment. My sister yelled at him that Brad threw the plunger and broke it in two!!!! So... dad yells at me to get the hell out here NOW! I said I can't I'm bleeding and leaning over the tub and need help. Now he's "over the top" pissed and storms into the bathroom to give me some "help". I looked up at him... and he just goes numb. 10 minutes later I was in the local doctors office getting stitched up and my eye patched for a few days. My dad and Doc Ziomont couldn't believe how I had done it.

But really.... What the hell are the odds of EVER getting it to do that again...?

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
It's going to take more searching for that injury photo. I've over 1TB of images to sort through and only half are organized into files.

It's going to take some time because of a lack of tags. But I have narrowed it down to 2006 or 2007. :BangHead:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe you can give it to us as a Christmas gift?? :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread