THE INJURY THREAD. Post your wounds here.

Bugalooob

Aug 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was a paper boy back in the 70's I had this big canvas bag hanging off the handle bars to hold my papers in ( the new York post), very stupid of me because I was was flying down this hill and the end of the canvas bag got caught in the front spokes of the bike, I came to a dead stop in 1 second, went flying over the front of the bike a good 15 feet...luckily all the force of the impact to the ground landed on my big toe and not my head...it was bent back completely with a bone sticking out through the skin,, I was yelling for someone to call an ambulance ( I was such a putty back then) I should have just hamered the bone back in and crazy glued it

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good story!....ya know, we don't see paper boys anymore, too dangerous I guess.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was a paper boy back in the 70's I had this big canvas bag hanging off the handle bars to hold my papers in ( the new York post), very stupid of me because I was was flying down this hill and the end of the canvas bag got caught in the front spokes of the bike, I came to a dead stop in 1 second, went flying over the front of the bike a good 15 feet...luckily all the force of the impact to the ground landed on my big toe and not my head...it was bent back completely with a bone sticking out through the skin,, I was yelling for someone to call an ambulance ( I was such a putty back then) I should have just hamered the bone back in and crazy glued it

Me too buddy.... I'm 61 now and things that happened way back then most wouldn't even hit my radar now! I actually shot myself with a air stud gun between my thumb and next finger. I dropped the tool and keep looking for where the large nail came out at. All I could see was a little bit the head (1/4") of it and the rest of it (3+") headed into my wrist area. Now back in the 70's (like you Bugalooob) I would have screamed bloody murder and the whole world would have known!!!! But I came into house, sat and drank 3 beers. Then had 16 y/o son drive me to the area hospital (ran out of beer). "Flesh wound" only... nail hit the thumb bone then it just ran right down it toward my wrist area. Left hospital, made another beer run and back home we went. NOW.... it hurt worse 3 days later then the minute I did it!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Me too buddy.... I'm 61 now and things that happened way back then most wouldn't even hit my radar now! I actually shot myself with a air stud gun between my thumb and next finger. I dropped the tool and keep looking for where the large nail came out at. All I could see was a little bit the head (1/4") of it and the rest of it (3+") headed into my wrist area. Now back in the 70's (like you Bugalooob) I would have screamed bloody murder and the whole world would have known!!!! But I came into house, sat and drank 3 beers. Then had 16 y/o son drive me to the area hospital (ran out of beer). "Flesh wound" only... nail hit the thumb bone then it just ran right down it toward my wrist area. Left hospital, made another beer run and back home we went. NOW.... it hurt worse 3 days later then the minute I did it!

Ya know...it's probably a good thing I don't take pictures of myself and post them.....

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ya know...it's probably a good thing I don't take pictures of myself and post them.....

Yes sir.... THAT IS A FACT! You would be the INSTANT winner... hands down. After I met you, listened while you spoke I came to realize I have NEVER had an injury!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Splitting some willow one frosty winter night with a two pound sledge and a wedge ,my gloves got too iced and the sledge thought it would visit my shin bone.
Not the first ,or last special dance and off colored chanting to celebrate .
I hit the trucks hitch receiver ( a fine old tradition repeated a couple times a year) a couple weeks ago for a bite out of the shins scar tissue from a non running boat prop in the past . Then after it quit hurting I dropped a mailbox replacement post, it bounced and took a bite a couple inches above the other scab. Shins it seems are yet another body part sensitive to hammering with , or being hammered on.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My sciatic nerve is killing me but when MD'ing it stops until I finish. I wonder if it's the same theory of when I have to use the bathroom so bad but I found a silver Washington I didn't have to go anymore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Splitting some willow one frosty winter night with a two pound sledge and a wedge ,my gloves got too iced and the sledge thought it would visit my shin bone.
Not the first ,or last special dance and off colored chanting to celebrate .
I hit the trucks hitch receiver ( a fine old tradition repeated a couple times a year) a couple weeks ago for a bite out of the shins scar tissue from a non running boat prop in the past . Then after it quit hurting I dropped a mailbox replacement post, it bounced and took a bite a couple inches above the other scab. Shins it seems are yet another body part sensitive to hammering with , or being hammered on.

Your right... our shins being hit hard can bring ANYTHING to a complete stop instantly!

I had a huge dump truck bring 7 loads of gravel for my driveway years ago. I watched him on the first 6 loads get out when empty, life heavy tailgate, wipe along the lip for loose debris. When he finished he'd get back inside the cab and hit a locking switch for the tailgate. So on the last load I was standing there and said I'll clean it off for ya....! So I lifted the heavy tailgate, swiped away the debris and before I got 100% done he hit the switch and both locking levers grabbed the tailgate and slammed it shut TIGHT! Three fingers on my left hand were trapped between the tailgate and the bed of truck now. I SCREAMED so loud I probably woke the dead. The driver instantly released the tailgate and I collapsed on the spot. I had on a thin pair of leather gloves and it took over a half-hour to get that glove off. It's amazing how flat you can get your fingers squeezed and not break them but I lost 2 nails and it hurt like hell for the next month.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I've completely maimed myself before, but I did this one yesterday. Wiped my face with my sleeve. My sleeve had a broken off thorn on it..... ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1474029225.258276.jpg
This was well after the bleeding stopped and I wiped it.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yesterday I'm out in my wood shop putting the finishing touches on sanding an antique rocking chair. All of a sudden I spot bright red blood all over part of the chair! Somehow, someway I had sliced one of my fingers and it was really bleeding...? I didn't even know it or feel it and it didn't hurt at all. So I grab a clean rag and try wiping the blood off the chair but all it does is smear it around! Now I'm pissed and still bleeding. So into the house I go to get some tape and a band-aid. And hell... it's 1:00 pm so I might as well have a beer... right? Got finger fixed and finished beer. Back to shop to clean all the DNA back off of the chair I go. Got out their and got to looking all over it and I have blood all over it in places I didn't even see.... Went back to house, got rest of beer, back to shop, cranked up the classic rock and cleaned up the DNA....!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No pictures but pulled several ticks off areas where guys don't want them......they suck

Hell yea... Been there.. done that buddy.. MANY TIMES!

It's one thing to "rearrange" and quite another to ITCH & SCRATCH!

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've completely maimed myself before, but I did this one yesterday. Wiped my face with my sleeve. My sleeve had a broken off thorn on it..... View attachment 1359602
This was well after the bleeding stopped and I wiped it.

Nice selfie my friend....metal detecting is a blood sport!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice selfie my friend....metal detecting is a blood sport!

Yep... Scrappy has the proof. But sanding antique rocking chairs draws blood also (don't know how). And... I don't have the proof... BUT next time I'm doing the "Scrappy thing" and get it.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they were freaking deer tick, I think......

The little tiny things are the worst! Just tiny and get into them by the hundreds.... I never met anyone else that even knew what I was talking about until I heard Limitool mention it!:laughing7: Everyone would just look at me funny when I'd tell them about the tiny ticks by the hundreds, and say..."I never heard such a thing.."

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The little tiny things are the worst! Just tiny and get into them by the hundreds.... I never met anyone else that even knew what I was talking about until I heard Limitool mention it!:laughing7: Everyone would just look at me funny when I'd tell them about the tiny ticks by the hundreds, and say..."I never heard such a thing.."

I hate seed ticks too, they will try to eat you up......:laughing7: and they are almost invisible.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
seed ticks and chiggers. ...We don't have either way up here! :tongue3::laughing7:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Nitric... what your now talking about are seed ticks and your right... they invade by the hundreds or thousands. But deer ticks are one at a time invaders. Seed ticks you just don't see (until a bleach bath and you SIT). But deer ticks you can find.... but usually ONLY after they bury themselves into you and you realize "something is wrong". And, YES I've pulled them off the unspeakable areas also. But if they've been there for a few hours/day and then removed... YOUR GOING TO ITCH, SCRATCH AND MAKE AN ASS OF YOURSELF.... Not to be confused with "rearranging".... :laughing7:

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bad tv reception last night , so I climbed up the ladder to adjust the antenna . The trip down didn't go so well . This morning my ankle was very swollen . I found an old wooden crutch in the attic and I used it to hobble into the ER . A person saw me and grabbed me a wheelchair . X-rays showed no broken bones , just a class 2 sprain . I left with some better crutches .

Attachments

• ankle sprain 001.jpg
    ankle sprain 001.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 60
  • ankle sprain 002.jpg
    ankle sprain 002.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 69
  • ankle sprain 004.jpg
    ankle sprain 004.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 57
  • ankle sprain 003.jpg
    ankle sprain 003.jpg