The Many Lost Treasures of Mariposa, CA (Photos Added)

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those folks in California who found the gold coins on thier land should have kept it quiet, and sold off one or two coins at a time over an extended period of time to various buyers in many locations, all done 'low level and under the radar'. Once you broadcast such a thing, all the rats come out from the sewer systems looking to get a piece of the action, including hungry lawyers and the gubmermint parasites.:laughing7: Thanks EagleD for posting the David Hodges video- excellant truth, sadly most citizens of the USA won't pay attention until it's to late!
You're welcome Brother!! Sorry for the brevity, but I have a lot of catching-up to do.

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eagle, It's just not fair that you've taken a "computer" vacation from your thread. It's just not the same without you. I hope you have it all up and running again real soon after you get all of your upgrades or fixin's taken care of. All the best, Lanny http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting-gold/69-bedrock-gold-mysteries.html
Well, fair or not, if I hadn't had it done, there would not have been any more (internet) EagleDown. (lol) One of these fine days, I'll find a nugget that will be large enough to trade for a 'BRAND NEW' computer. Then, I'll have this old dinosaur bronzed and put it on display for the youngsters to wonder about. (lol) (Wow Mama, how did they get anything done with those big old things)?? (lol)

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good to see you back online.

When your computer finally dies, bury it deep in the ground, and one day, someone may discover it thousands of years later and you won't need to bronze it as it will be a "significant historical artifact". Hahaha. Just kidding, but I'm glad you've got your dinosaur refurbished so you can keep telling your priceless stories.

All the best,

Lanny

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting-gold/69-bedrock-gold-mysteries.html

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Eagle any luck with google earthing the area you have been looking for since your computer was fixed.

shepcal

Mar 19, 2003
Oakhurst,CA
Detector(s) used
modded 4500, CTX30-30, Gold Monster1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Eagle, you're in charge of the hill. I'm headed to LSD for a week, then Q, Monday night. Did you get that Whites figured out?

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah!!!!! Eagles back. I'd give you my old computer that I built, but my kids still use it. It's big just like my new one. Till that time you'll have to use your oldie but goodie. Hope your book continues.

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see you back online. When your computer finally dies, bury it deep in the ground, and one day, someone may discover it thousands of years later and you won't need to bronze it as it will be a "significant historical artifact". Hahaha. Just kidding, but I'm glad you've got your dinosaur refurbished so you can keep telling your priceless stories. All the best, Lanny http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting-gold/69-bedrock-gold-mysteries.html
Good idea!! Maybe we'll have a "Block Party" along with the burial. I think I can afford a 6pack. That should be enough for everyone, since I don't drink and there's only 4 other people who live on my block. (lol)

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eagle any luck with google earthing the area you have been looking for since your computer was fixed.
No My Brother. I'm giving up on GoogleEarth temporarily. This week, I remembered something that the BLM did, (back in the 1980's), so I went to Sacramento BLM to try to aquire the records of their actions. I didn't get the records, because the Supervisor had taken the day off, but, after I explained that I was writing a book about "mining in Mariposa", the agents who were there were very helpful. They told me that there would be no problem finding the information I needed, if I could return on Monday and speak to the boss. So, I guess I'll be driving the 200+ miles back to Sac. area again Monday. Looks like this will be a "broke" month for me. (lol)

But, I won't complain. When I relocate the old mine, and if it's open for filing on, I should be an "instant millionaire". (Well, at least after the gold in the ore bins has been processed). (lol)

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eagle, you're in charge of the hill. I'm headed to LSD for a week, then Q, Monday night. Did you get that Whites figured out?
Whee dogies!! Party! party!! PARTY!!! Hey, beer's hokay, but I didn't know you were into drugs. What's up with the LSD?? (lol)

Nope, I don't know what the heck was wrong with it, but it's working fine now.

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah!!!!! Eagles back. I'd give you my old computer that I built, but my kids still use it. It's big just like my new one. Till that time you'll have to use your oldie but goodie. Hope your book continues.
Do you have to 'rub it in'?? You built a computer, when it's all I can do to operate one!!

The book's continuing, but I have been thinking all along, "Something's not quite right". Anyway, I went back and read the first page in this thread several times. A few days ago, it finally dawned on me; There's at least one page missing. Those of you that have been with me from the beginning of this thread might remember, there were a couple (or three) stories of my first couple of trips to Bagby, then, I recieved a commission to cut and shape some opals, so I had to set the stories aside for several days. Now, if you go back and read the first page, you can notice that everything prior to the opals is missing. At least I do remember enough of a couple of the stories that I can probably reconstruct them without a loss of continuity. At least, I'll try. (lol)

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eagle on google earth have you down loaded the MRDS files for mariposa county ? it gives quite a few locations of older mines you may be able to find the mine thata way. Select data by geographic area: California (United States) There are almost 1,500 mines that will show up with this file Package data in Shapefile format
Thank you Brother, but I've been through this. Unfortunately, though it's informative, you have to know the name of the mine, (or at the very least), the location of the mine. The location I once knew, but the name, I've never known.

Any, not to worry, I've come up with a viable solution. It's secret information at this time, but hopefully, sometime in the next couple of weeks, I'll have some photos of the "Old Lost Mine". (Assuming that it hasn't been reopened, or burnt to the ground). (lol) I'd prefer the 'burnt to the ground' rather than reopened. At least that way, there should be a couple of piles of hand-graded ore for me to load up. (lol)

Cl1983

Feb 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm trying to use that site and XML files to narrow down old mines not on private property near me. Wish you could filter by mineral type since there's a lot of gravel mines near me

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
That would fit nicely in the book, as well as a nice fat glob of high grade ore:thumbsup:

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Eagle
Just let me know if you need help moving ore. I'll bring the young kids. They love moving material. Just the other stuff is too much work for them. Lol.

chupacabra

Jul 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Someone found a mine i bet, thats all private property , it may even be posted with fremont signs now that they want to open the josephine mine back up.

Eagle i wasnt sure what info you had yes yuh need the name or location, ok back to drawin board lol, good luck, im going to try and head up some day this week and do some crevicing in briceburg, i need a day trip i'll holler at you day before i decide to go up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread