The Many Lost Treasures of Mariposa, CA (Photos Added)

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if you end up anywhere near or going through the missoula area of montana give me a call and ill offer you a place to stay .. really enjoy your stories. thank you
Thank you for the kind words My Friend. It might happen, but I still have some recovering to do from my surgery before I undertake a trip like that. But, I'll definately keep you in mind.

Right now, I'm formulating another treasure story that hasn't yet taken place. (Other than in my mind). (lol) I'll post more about it as it unfolds. Should be more exciting than a monkey in a bee hive. (lol)

The best to you!!

Eagle

mthunter22

Apr 14, 2013
missoula,mt
Detector(s) used
minelab sd2100. whites gmt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found this link from lannies about getting gold from bedrock,another great post that i have just gotten started on..anyway just finished the 61 amazing pages,, great reading including all the attachments,, im right with ya on the gooberment ,,agenda 21,, and the rights we are losing every day.. glad to hear you are doing better and that the surgery went well.some beautiful gold that people are finding,anyway thank you greatly for the information and entertainment.. im hooked on this thread.

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found this link from lannies about getting gold from bedrock,another great post that i have just gotten started on..anyway just finished the 61 amazing pages,, great reading including all the attachments,, im right with ya on the gooberment ,,agenda 21,, and the rights we are losing every day.. glad to hear you are doing better and that the surgery went well.some beautiful gold that people are finding,anyway thank you greatly for the information and entertainment.. im hooked on this thread.
Oh yeah! I love reading Lannys thread. Possibly because he's a lot like me; in some cases, he realises what he passed up, years before.

Which brings to mind; For several years, I've been thinking that there use to be a tunnel on the edge of the river road. But was beginning to think my memory was playing tricks on me. Well, last week, mgb and I went down to the river to do a little detecting. During the course of the day, I noticed a boulder up against the bedrock on the side of the road. For some reason, it appeared (to me) to be out of place. I noticed that the surrounding clay was up to the top of the boulder, but there was no clay on the boulder. That prompted me to climb up on top of it to see it better. Low and behold, behind the boulder was the portal to the tunnel that I had remembered. It had been closed off by the Forestry Service or the BLM. So, even though I have no entention of trying to get in, my memory has been vindicated. (lol)

Thanks for your post!!

Eagle

mthunter22

Apr 14, 2013
missoula,mt
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so this doesnt have much to do with gold but is a old homesite i found while climbing through the brush.. judging by the tree growing out of the middle of it it is at least 100 years old..it is also where i dug up the bottles in my other posts and ive got quite a bit of digging left. DSC00893.JPG my son ,and the house is about 7 feet in front of him where our white dog is standing.
DSC00898.JPG the door of the old stove.
DSC00899.JPG one of the corners
DSC00897.JPG another of the stove and the tree in the dead center of the house
DSC00883.JPG the bottles so far.the bottle on the far left still has a cork sealing it and about an inch or more of a yellowish slightly syruppy substance.

i also have some more pictures showing it all a little better,but they are bigger than 5 mg so it wont let me put them on.. there are also 3 old mostly filled in holes within 10-15 feet of the cabin,im sure one was probably a outhouse but not sure on the others but will eventually dig them up and detect the whole area.i have always thought that if i could have a power or gift it would be excellent to be able to touch or hold onto something and see what it has seen in its life..an arrowhead, a tree, a old bottle,a nugget,,it would be amazing.

Last edited:

vini

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah! I love reading Lannys thread. Possibly because he's a lot like me; in some cases, he realises what he passed up, years before.

Which brings to mind; For several years, I've been thinking that there use to be a tunnel on the edge of the river road. But was beginning to think my memory was playing tricks on me. Well, last week, mgb and I went down to the river to do a little detecting. During the course of the day, I noticed a boulder up against the bedrock on the side of the road. For some reason, it appeared (to me) to be out of place. I noticed that the surrounding clay was up to the top of the boulder, but there was no clay on the boulder. That prompted me to climb up on top of it to see it better. Low and behold, behind the boulder was the portal to the tunnel that I had remembered. It had been closed off by the Forestry Service or the BLM. So, even though I have no entention of trying to get in, my memory has been vindicated. (lol)

Thanks for your post!!

Eagle

Did you send mgb in HEH HEH

We need to get a crew going up there and work a spot hard get on some bedrock i'm thinking across from hermit petes place, maybe find a bedrock crack to some where or scout out the north side by the post i walked up to ?

I told Rick down here at RCM about the steel rod with the eyelet that I found up by that white post i walked, to he said it may have been where they tied off the bucket dredge ?

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
I am wondering what the BLM would do if the whole Eagle crew went up to the Spanish site and started digging to uncover a entrance?????????? All we need is some strong back and weak minds:laughing7:

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

We need to get a crew going up there and work a spot hard get on some bedrock i'm thinking across from hermit petes place, maybe find a bedrock crack to some where or scout out the north side by the post i walked up to ?

I told Rick down here at RCM about the steel rod with the eyelet that I found up by that white post i walked, to he said it may have been where they tied off the bucket dredge ?
Naw, I didn't ask mgb to go in, the boulder blocked too much of the portal. (lol)

As to the eyelet, that might answer one of many questions I've pondered in the past. I've often wondered about the nugget that Toms' kid found up on the hill, (higher than the ancient alluvial). Since I've never found any records, or evidence of bucket dredging that far up the river, I would speculate that it might have been an anchor for a "Fresno Scraper". I'm not sure of this, but it's a thought.

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am wondering what the BLM would do if the whole Eagle crew went up to the Spanish site and started digging to uncover a entrance?????????? All we need is some strong back and weak minds:laughing7:
Hold that thought Brother! It's not as 'far fetched' as it might sound. I don't want to disclose ALL of my secrets, but I'm working on something that might make any treasure in that mine a lot easier to locate, (before we start digging).

I'm going to try to get back down there on the 3rd or 4th of May, to start the tests. I'll let you know for sure before then.

Eagle

PS; I'm not sure about the strong backs, but "weak minds" would be easy. We'll just recruit some MSM 'reporters' to do the digging. (lol)

Last edited:

Rik

Sep 27, 2012
Merced, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I don't think I'm the "Rick" you are referring to, but those eyelets could be from a drag line or even just an excavator. Bucket dredges are monsters and leave a huge amount of evidence of their work.

I went back to tempt that wall yesterday. I found two little nugs half the size of the one you saw and some small flakes. The river is flowing so fast and choppy that I couldn't set up a sluice. Having to pan really slowed me down. A ranger and a black and white drove by while I was picking. Nothing from them but a nod and a wave. I would have shooed me off if I were them.

mthunter22

Apr 14, 2013
missoula,mt
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well i have the strong back.. i would have to do some traveling to get there from montana.. but if i had enough notice i could probably run down for a week of digging. :)

Cl1983

Feb 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still trying to get down that way. I planned on participating in the civil war reenactment and hoping to find some of this group down there but no monies or time off work as of yet

vini

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Merced river Bagby during fire season - YouTube

Merced irragation let us dredge during the 2008 telegraph hill fire, he just said if the flames come over that hill GET THE H@LL OUT :)

I never even noticed the red bank above us when I was there sheesh..

No strong back left here, i'm begining to feel like a cripple with all the work im getting lately but im not complaining, any time you guys come up with something let me know and the more the merrier all are welcome there are few miners up there these days , i did see a guy panning on my way out last visit, and guess what, there going to now be trying to stop those guys from rafting down the river, SEE now they're going after other users of the river, we all knew it would happen and we warned them......next, THE FISHERMEN.....

I believe that is salomons gulch just across from us there, also down stream begining of video you'll see a rock bar, thats where i dredged and got 5 feet down and started getting pickers that would be a good digging spot

Last edited:

vini

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are beautiful bottle mthunter i love diggin bottle

shepcal

Mar 19, 2003
Oakhurst,CA
Detector(s) used
modded 4500, CTX30-30, Gold Monster1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just reading thru. There was a KFC here in Oakhurst and did very well. Steve, the owner and his wife built a great business. Sold it for top dollar to a raghead family out of Bakersfield. Not trying to be prejustice, but they ran it into the ground, rebuilding one of their other stores. Miss a local KFC, but worse part of this story is, Steve bought some condos in Phoenix and was murdered there about 6 months ago.

Take care all, Shep

CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Still searching for the right one
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got a strong back. All this crazy gold talk is getting me ready to go. I seen a big ok 4 foot rattler today on hunters valley. He was pissed. Btw the pge lineman told me he's seeing 8 rats a day the worst he's ever seen. You gold timers are probably immune to those snakes though, they kinda freak me out a bit.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Town lost a eating spot, and somebody's hard work was for naught, and snatched by a cold blooded murder, a shame...

Just reading thru. There was a KFC here in Oakhurst and did very well. Steve, the owner and his wife built a great business. Sold it for top dollar to a raghead family out of Bakersfield. Not trying to be prejustice, but they ran it into the ground, rebuilding one of their other stores. Miss a local KFC, but worse part of this story is, Steve bought some condos in Phoenix and was murdered there about 6 months ago.

Take care all, Shep

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a strong back. All this crazy gold talk is getting me ready to go. I seen a big ok 4 foot rattler today on hunters valley. He was pissed. Btw the pge lineman told me he's seeing 8 rats a day the worst he's ever seen. You gold timers are probably immune to those snakes though, they kinda freak me out a bit.
Us "goldtimers"[sic] aren't immune to them, we just have an understanding with them. They don't bite us, and we won't eat them. (lol)

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well i have the strong back.. i would have to do some traveling to get there from montana.. but if i had enough notice i could probably run down for a week of digging. :)
I'll try to give you a couple of weeks advance notice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread