The "Peralta" Stone Maps --- On Their Own

goldbugpr

Apr 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
minelab 3500
Forget Santa Fe, the map starts along the Gila just as shown on the map.
All the carvings are in 2 dimension only. Every clue is seen from a point on the trail and I only introduced ariel views to help you see the clues without having to put your boots on the ground. Bend in Gila.jpg Gila.jpg
Maybe you can see the similarity in these.

Last edited:

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
sgtfda, I have been to that site a few times. I metal detected and only found recent trash. The question I raised with Rick Gwynne who took me there: Isn't this an odd spot for any thing but maybe a small stone house, since there was no population base to support much of any thing. Besides the foundation stones there did not appear to be much rubble associated with a ruin. There is also a reported treasure cave out in that area that shows signs of recent activity.

Thanks. That's interesting. I figured something was in the area. There was too much talk about it. I've seen this type ruin in several locations.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forget Santa Fe, the map starts along the Gila just as shown on the map.
All the carvings are in 2 dimension only. Every clue is seen from a point on the trail and I only introduced ariel views to help you see the clues without having to put your boots on the ground. View attachment 862645 View attachment 862648
Maybe you can see the similarity in these.

goldbugpr

To help you to decrypt easiest a map , I tell you how the waves in the maps are not rivers or canyons , but hills or mountains . Is like you look from the ground and see the skylines shapes of the hills or mountains . Just to note .
And the pictures don't match .

goldbugpr

Apr 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
minelab 3500
They match perfectly, you don't see. PP15.jpg This image shows the starting point, the two circles with dots in them, the 5 water holes north of the rio and the omega 25 miles across the desert. Maybe others can see the imagery.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
goldbugpr

In which picture match " perfectly " the map ?

1.jpg 2.jpg

Maybe you are kidding . A treasure map is not a topo map at all . In a treasure map , the rivers and the canyons , are only in the location where are written , and don't have any relation with the direction of the drawings . In a treasure map , the most drawings are ground outlines . The only times when the drawings are bottom ground shapes ( canyons which go around a mountain or to isolate a mountains complex ) is when the drawings ( lines ) are connected .

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
goldbugpr

In which picture match " perfectly " the map ?

View attachment 863133 View attachment 863134

Maybe you are kidding . A treasure map is not a topo map at all . In a treasure map , the rivers and the canyons , are only in the location where are written , and don't have any relation with the direction of the drawings . In a treasure map , the most drawings are ground outlines . The only times when the drawings are bottom ground shapes ( canyons which go around a mountain or to isolate a mountains complex ) is when the drawings ( lines ) are connected .

Marius, I think your argument is very flawed. You're making a broad assumption that "treasure maps" follow some sort of strict design - as if a person making a treasure map sits down with a "Guide to Making Treasure Maps" and follows it step by step.

The truth of the matter is a "treasure map" is put together however the maker/designer decides to put it together. The signs, symbols, etc... are there for the expressed purpose that the maker chooses and nothing more.

That said, I don't personally see any "perfect match" between the earlier GE image and the design on the stone either. My guess is I could randomly pick any river in America and find a secion of it that looks somewhat similar to the design on the stone.

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marius, I think your argument is very flawed. You're making a broad assumption that "treasure maps" follow some sort of strict design - as if a person making a treasure map sits down with a "Guide to Making Treasure Maps" and follows it step by step.

The truth of the matter is a "treasure map" is put together however the maker/designer decides to put it together. The signs, symbols, etc... are there for the expressed purpose that the maker chooses and nothing more.

That said, I don't personally see any "perfect match" between the earlier GE image and the design on the stone either. My guess is I could randomly pick any river in America and find a secion of it that looks somewhat similar to the design on the stone.

Cubfan64

For the most treasure maps exist a guide . Is like in many things . The trasure map makers know about this guide and they use specific drawings and signs . If they want to be indecipherable the map , or to could be read only from them , I believe were more simplest to didn't make the map .
This guide is not written somewhere , and for this is good to " fishing " when you have the opportunity .

goldbugpr

Apr 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
minelab 3500
Markmar, I think your logic is flawed. I show a GE image only to help you visualize an image that you could see for your self if you stood in the banks of the Gila at its bend to the southwest, which has been shown on maps as early as 1848. When you are on the trail you see a lot more than the ridges and canyons, you see unmistakable geologic or geographic features that have been carved in stone, not photographed. The images carved on the maps are as representative of the object to clearly distinguish it from all surroundings. The only representation of the ridgeline is generic as it is the only mountain range in front of you. It appears on the bottom of the trail maps. The curved line on the top of the map is the Salt river.

Stone Map.jpg

goldbugpr

Apr 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
minelab 3500
Cubfan64 I guess you could make part of the map work in any location but starting at that point on the Gila allows all the remaining clues to work in sequence. Isn't that most important to using the maps. Maybe this is a better image. I know the spot from the ground and the bend can be seen from the bridge to Florence.
View of Bend.jpg

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Markmar, I think your logic is flawed. I show a GE image only to help you visualize an image that you could see for your self if you stood in the banks of the Gila at its bend to the southwest, which has been shown on maps as early as 1848. When you are on the trail you see a lot more than the ridges and canyons, you see unmistakable geologic or geographic features that have been carved in stone, not photographed. The images carved on the maps are as representative of the object to clearly distinguish it from all surroundings. The only representation of the ridgeline is generic as it is the only mountain range in front of you. It appears on the bottom of the trail maps. The curved line on the top of the map is the Salt river.

View attachment 863204

Phil

If the stone trail map author , wanted to mark , with the bottom line the Gila River and with the top line the Salt River , this map , instead a treasure map , it just will been a hiking trail to a specific point , and today all the folks will had found the target . A map like in your theory , could be decrypted by every person .

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Phil

If the stone trail map author , wanted to mark , with the bottom line the Gila River and with the top line the Salt River , this map , instead a treasure map , it just will been a hiking trail to a specific point , and today all the folks will had found the target . A map like in your theory , could be decrypted by every person .

If you've ever tried to walk from the Gila to Salt River through the Superstition Mountains, you'd realize that your statement is inaccurate.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you've ever tried to walk from the Gila to Salt River through the Superstition Mountains, you'd realize that your statement is inaccurate.

I didn't mean a one day hike . To find a point between two know marks , is very accurate .

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'd morning Ladies and gentlemen need some of Oro's sock coffee? Of all of the treasure maps that I have seen, almost exclusively, they only cover the last few steps, a sort of reminder if you develop Alzheimer before you can return or care to send in Cubber instead of going your self. For a crude example -->

older map of Tayopa.jpg

So where do you start??

on the left section

old Map.jpg

as it appears today, nothng but a large blob of slightly discolored dirt- dissolved adobe bricks.

Don Jose de La Mancha

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don Jose

Very interesting maps . If you have locate the church , you can find all the mines which have attached measurements .
The mine "Purisima ... " is the same with the " Purisima Coception " ?

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi mark, that is the headquarters, a church to be sure , but not a Cathedral as many suppose. The Mission , church for the laborers, lies much closer to the Tayopa center over that a way .-->> some 3-4 kilometers. South. Some where in here I have posted pictures of both. Ya want Lat & Longitude? No problem, but the access to Tayopa or any of the other mines, sorry.

Don Jose de La Mancha

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi mark, that is the headquarters, a church to be sure , but not a Cathedral as many suppose. The Mission , church for the laborers, lies much closer to the Tayopa center over that a way .-->> some 3-4 kilometers. South. Some where in here I have posted pictures of both. Ya want Lat & Longitude? No problem, but the access to Tayopa or any of the other mines, sorry.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Don Jose

In the map , the mine of Tayoba , lies southwest from the church ( the altar is ever to the east , excluding rebuilding of the same mission church when the altar is to the north ) . I believe , in the underground warehouse which is in the centre and the entrance is from the left facility , they left some gold . Is worth to check it . And , I don't want coordinates , the place is yours .

rexmick

Sep 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cubfan64

The statement is inaccurate mostly by misinformation the line at the top is the skyline and the line at the bottom is start. It has nothing to do with rivers.

Rex

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread