The Peralta Stone Maps, Real Maps to Lost Gold Mines or Cruel Hoax?

Do you think the Peralta stone maps are genuine, or fake?

• Total voters

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ConceptualizedNL

This is the relation between the Heart and the LDM ( the red X ).
BUSCA EL CORAZON to
BUSCA EL LDM

LDM.JPG

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
Here is something to think about this Stones tell a story you don't have them arranged correctly the Spaniards told the story from right to left the horse stone represents leaving the New Mexico area by the Rio Grande with the Spanish church treasures from the churches to be buried under the heart of the Stone at one of the Peralta mining claims.....

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
The tablets are a map to where the Spanish Church treasure is buried on one of the old Peralta claims because they were working the claims they could keep the Spanish treasure close to them

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
If you flip the Hearthstone over there's Latin numbers on it that's 31 locations where they bury 31 different objects or cachet

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
DanB,

Can I suggest that you read this thread from the beginning, starting with page one? There's nothing you're saying that hasn't been discussed already.

Every once in a while we get a new poster lecturing us on what the Stone Maps really are. The first few times are amusing, but it does get tiresome after a while.

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deducer, they were created for REAVIS, then tossed out into the desert to bolster hs claim, ufortunately they were not rediscovered in time to help him :laughing7::coffee2::coffee2:

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010

DanB,
I like reading the many different theories while waiting for Challenge for Superstition Gold to be published and, whatever theatrical production may come from it. Even after, I doubt that we will have any resolution. Certainly, no agreement.

The problem that I find with your theory is the expulsion date of 1767 when, compared to the Peralta name dispersion throughout New Spain (prior to 1767). In order for your ideas to work, the Peralta family must have been in the Superstitions before 1767 which, was not altogether impossible.

Do you have any thoughts on which Peraltas would have been involved?

Hal

Uncle Josh

Greenie
Jan 10, 2017
Mesa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was there a preexisting trail in 1847 where highway 60 currently is? In other words, did ADOT just simply follow an old trail/road? If not, then why were the stones conveniently found on the roadside? is it a crazy coincidence that the highway was put right next to the stones? Id put my money on not....
If the highway did follow a preexisting road or trail, then the fact that they were found by Tumilson sp? and not created in the 20th century is more believable. If again this were the case, I wonder how many roadworkers pissed on those stones not realizing what they were unrinating on...

Last edited:

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Uncle Josh

Trail there or not would make no difference, Highway worker will piss anywhere.
What you should be asking is there a water source near the location.

Babymick1

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Was there a preexisting trail in 1847 where highway 60 currently is? In other words, did ADOT just simply follow an old trail/road? If not, then why were the stones conveniently found on the roadside? is it a crazy coincidence that the highway was put right next to the stones? Id put my money on not....
If the highway did follow a preexisting road or trail, then the fact that they were found by Tumilson sp? and not created in the 20th century is more believable. If again this were the case, I wonder how many roadworkers pissed on those stones not realizing what they were unrinating on...

The spot described by Travis was next to old 60. I have a map from Tom K that shows the general location. It's just S of that mountain. I think it was black point off the top of my head.

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
OK here's my questions on the Stone Maps. If they were made back in the 17-1800's by hand tools, how long would it take to make them? Did they carry them in with them and updated them as they went along? Did they make them all at once for a reference for others to use? If they were for others to use, why rock and not paper or leather? Leather would have been faster to make and easier to carry along with them. If they made them as they went, then everyone in the party would have known about them. If they made it that far out of the Supes, why bury them? They would have been far enough out that their safety would have been good enough to make it home. Did one man carry these stones all the way out and then bury them? I am trying to believe that it was possible for them to have been created back then and try from that viewpoint to say how did they get made and why? The area that they were found was not close to water, closest was about 5-7 miles away from Silly Mountain. Granted the water table was higher back then, but all the springs were in or next to the edge of the supes. Again how long would it take someone to make the maps with hand tools back then? Then begs the question of why spend that much time on a map?

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
OK here's my questions on the Stone Maps. If they were made back in the 17-1800's by hand tools, how long would it take to make them? Did they carry them in with them and updated them as they went along? Did they make them all at once for a reference for others to use? If they were for others to use, why rock and not paper or leather? Leather would have been faster to make and easier to carry along with them. If they made them as they went, then everyone in the party would have known about them. If they made it that far out of the Supes, why bury them? They would have been far enough out that their safety would have been good enough to make it home. Did one man carry these stones all the way out and then bury them? I am trying to believe that it was possible for them to have been created back then and try from that viewpoint to say how did they get made and why? The area that they were found was not close to water, closest was about 5-7 miles away from Silly Mountain. Granted the water table was higher back then, but all the springs were in or next to the edge of the supes. Again how long would it take someone to make the maps with hand tools back then? Then begs the question of why spend that much time on a map?

I think that much of your questions has been covered in this thread and others, if you don't mind going back over so much reading.

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions