The Peralta Stone Maps, Real Maps to Lost Gold Mines or Cruel Hoax?

Do you think the Peralta stone maps are genuine, or fake?

• Total voters

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
azdave35,

Jim's Mercury mine in the Tortilla area only had some traces of mercury in the form of cinnabar but it could have been a fairly rich pocket that was mined out by someone(s). The mine only went back a few yards.

I picked up some astoundingly rich cinnabar in more than one place on the west side of Tortilla Mountain and down into Peters. A picture of one of my samples is below.

When I worked the underground Metcalf mine at Clifton the blasting crew would sometime open a native Mercury deposit along with the cinnabar. The thick dark native mercury would come slowly oozing out of the rock. The blast would atomize the mercury and the mucking crews would breath it in the air and have the dust settle on their clothes. It was quite a sight to behold.

Matthew

View attachment 1484809

Very rich Cinnabar (mercury) from the northern Superstition Mountains.

those poor workers...i've been trying to get mercury out of my body for 6 years and still have a ways to go...once it get buried in your body its a miserable ordeal to get it out...i have some cinnabar ore from the pine mountain mine up by sunflower...beautiful stuff...the better grade has alot more red but this is what it looks like

IMG_0008.JPG

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
Screenshot_20170822-025401.png
The peralts stones are a map of and area here in az...not in the supers...but in the bradshaws...decide for your self...db

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
Each and every one of the points on those stones correlate to trails and tributaries in the bradshaws unequivocally

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
If you look at the Omega emblem in the heart that means domicile... it is a structure and it is located on the point where the map says it's at.

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
If you zoom in on the Google picture side of the heart in the last picture you will see the domicile which is the Omega emblem in the middle of the heart

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is my personal opinion that the Peralta stones are actual maps which lead to what some people may call Santa Fe, or some other Spanish mine legend. Some may say it leads to Tayopa while others may say they are fakes. Who knows? Maybe in 20 years or so someone may decide to change his mind and reveal the secret of the Peralta stones. Who might that person be? Quien sabe? I know it is not me. I would not venture down a trail that is peligroza. Heck. Everyone in my close circle of friends think I am totally bonkers. hahaha. Oh well. I have nothing to prove to anyone other than my self. I am content in knowing what little I know. Sure there will always be those who claim the stones are fake, they are entitled to their opinions as we are entitled to ours. I sure wish I had a clue as to the busca el coazon. I wonder why they spelled heart the way they did? The Spanish were some masters when it came to deception. They hid their Royal Mines so well that they themselves could not even find them. Not even with a stone map.

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot_20170822-025150.png

DanB,

Is this a photo of the bend in the creek one mile due west of the Valencia Mine off the old Bumble Bee Road ?

Some people call that creek Poison Creek, others Sycamore creek but it actually was Turkey Creek in Pioneer (Peralta) days.

If it is, that is where the Peralta's ( Pedro and Miguel and Miguel's father) had their arrastras for working the gold they took out of the Valencia one mile to the east.

The Valencia was recorded at Prescott 1863-1864 and sold off to anglos by Pedro Peralta and the other Mexican owners. The records are in the old Yavapai County Recorders books.

I've been to the Valencia on several occasions and over where the arrastras were in the creek. This is one of the few places in Arizona where Peralta's are actually documented as having mined.

Matthew

Last edited:

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
Yes it is.....the 2 donuts or circles are arastas... grinding stones..... I have Peralta documents that reference these grinding Stones along this Trail..... and the horse stone that you are referring to refers to a treasure that was taken from the churches in New Mexico and buried out west.... Screenshot_20170822-180953.png

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
You need to read the stones from the right to the left it tells a story......

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
As far as the Valencia mine is concerned you're exactly Dead on I know the family who got the mine from the Peraltas and they're still around I have some of their family documents as well.... the Old Stone House that was traded for the mine is still standing.

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That makes a lot of sense DanB. Here is a link that may shed a little light on the donuts and the moons. 78. Platinum - Elementymology & Elements Multidict After all, they do say that a picture is worth a thousand words. Wouldn't it be something if the donut and the moon are the symbols for white gold. Could the capital P stand for Platina and the n for nuevo and could the 8 possibly stand for the eighth metal? Of course I am just speculating. What if the 1847 is the date that the Peralta Stone maps were updated to give as much information possible to the Peraltas so that they might find the lost royal mines of Santa Fe? Who knows? Everybody knows that the mine in question on the map is a gold mine and not a platinum mine. Right?

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Are these donuts frosted by any chance? If so, I'll take one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread