The Peralta Stone Maps, Real Maps to Lost Gold Mines or Cruel Hoax?

Do you think the Peralta stone maps are genuine, or fake?

• Total voters

rjgould

Jul 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny, I knew right off it was a view from the mine .. :)
View_from_above_mine.jpg

rjgould

Jul 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because I had already seen the very view from one of my prospective searching places - :)
View_from_above_mine2.jpg

rjgould

Jul 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

Pretty dang confident that I already know where to head as soon as I get down that way! HH .. :)

rjgould

Jul 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright everyone, I'm gonna sell my van & head on over! Why? Because I've seen into the shaft, guessing about 2-3 ft of brush then - logs .. hahaha
I'll post pics after I get there. Hope none of ya' all beat me to it, if you do - please let me know! :)

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright everyone, I'm gonna sell my van & head on over! Why? Because I've seen into the shaft, guessing about 2-3 ft of brush then - logs .. hahaha
I'll post pics after I get there. Hope none of ya' all beat me to it, if you do - please let me know! :)

Good Luck RJG

rjgould

Jul 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the link :) Looks like you have a great time on your adventures = "Treasure found!"

rjgould

Jul 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks again gollum for your site! Due to your excellent display of the 'stone maps', I may not venture there after all. this is what I found with a better review of the 'stone maps' .. A very well traveled area :(
End_of_the_trail.jpg

Weavers Needle with Petroglyph

By DBucklew
Weavers Needle with Petroglyph.jpg

As sure as I am that the 'Lost Dutchman Mine' has been over worked & "discovered" by no fewer than a thousand people, some may not of thought it was the one! I am also sure there are many discoveries yet to be made & that the chance of finding great treasures exist here.

Of course if I were to find something of value in a place that has been designated by a selfish & greedy government as a "no touch zone" I would most likely not tell as well, and hold no grudge for those who have already done so .. After only a short time of learning of this legend, I must say my excitement has personally ended & will stick to those legends nearer to my home & in places of which I am more familiar - For everyone else, enjoy the mystery ;)

Last edited:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey gollum. Just noticed you have been messing with these stones for almost 10 years. So is the extra room in your house filled with jesuit treasure or just raw gold? I happened to get a look at the back of one of the stones and it was stamped made in Malaysia.
You see that by chance?

HAHAHA Maybe one of the stones still displayed at the Az State Museum, but not at the SMHS Museum.

Mike

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HAHAHA Maybe one of the stones still displayed at the Az State Museum, but not at the SMHS Museum.

Mike

But then again Mike, the Trail Stones at the SMHS Museum differ in some details from those in the "bumper photo".Since that photo is apparently the oldest, and likely the first ever taken of these stones, the implications should be obvious IMO.

Regards:SH.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But then again Mike, the Trail Stones at the SMHS Museum differ in some details from those in the "bumper photo".Since that photo is apparently the oldest, and likely the first ever taken of these stones, the implications should be obvious IMO.

Regards:SH.

No more so than what we know Travis Tumlinson already admitted to.8-)

Mike

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes...we do have Bob Bair's story of the six "zero's" as told to Mel Brower on Mar.16/1965. That Travis added the 0's to the back of the heart stone in order to "throw anyone off guard who might see or steal the stones". Bair was also the only one of the five people who were associates of Tumlinson, and privy to what was on the stones, who had never seen the H/P stone. The others, Bob Schultz,The Hainer's (who were even able to draw them all from memory), and his uncle Robert T. were familiar with all four stones. So far, I have seen nothing to suggest he altered anything else, and consider it possible that Bair's claim may have been invented.

Wayne

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
<snip> So far, I have seen nothing to suggest he altered anything else, and consider it possible that Bair's claim may have been invented.

Wayne

I realize it will be speculation, but what would Bair's motive(s) be, to fabricate his story? Thank you in advance.
Roy

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We also know that the family lied to Garry/Larry. They said that Travis had never been to the Supers looking to solve the Stone Maps. Robert Garman was very familiar with both Travis T and Robert T, and he said that both of them had been in the Supers many times trying to solve the Stone Maps.

I said from the beginning that I think the family has just gotten tired of treasure hunters searching out the family and asking a bunch of questions, poking and prodding everyone for info. The easiest way to make all that end is to say that they saw Travis carve the stone maps and it was all a hoax. If people believe that, then they lose interest and quit pestering the family.

Mike

johnmark29020

Oct 8, 2012
oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-if I were travis. I wouldnt risk taking the stone maps back to the mtn. I would make a copy for the trail. That way I would have the originals in a safe place.
The maps do lead to real places in the mtn,if you get the start point right.
I had the privilege of standing on a high ridge and looking at on of them below. It amazed me how clear the land marks are after all these years.
So either the maps were drawn in the 1800 ot 1900s. They are in the mtns.
My bet is that thomas made copies.
It would explain the modern tool markings.

goldbugpr

Apr 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
minelab 3500
If this could be of any help, this is an excerpt from a letter that is part of my book "Straight to the Heart" Maybe it will advance the discussion .

Attachments

• Scan.jpg
    Scan.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 116

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If this could be of any help, this is an excerpt from a letter that is part of my book "Straight to the Heart" Maybe it will advance the discussion .

Hi goldbugpr

I wish you Good Sales with your book ! Now the text in your image is very corrupted and I can't make sense .
Can you quote and write this text ?
Thank you in advance .

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
-if I were travis. I wouldnt risk taking the stone maps back to the mtn. I would make a copy for the trail. That way I would have the originals in a safe place.
The maps do lead to real places in the mtn,if you get the start point right.
I had the privilege of standing on a high ridge and looking at on of them below. It amazed me how clear the land marks are after all these years.
So either the maps were drawn in the 1800 ot 1900s. They are in the mtns.
My bet is that thomas made copies.
It would explain the modern tool markings.

Why would he make a copy on a rock to carry in the field? Paper, duh.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scan.jpg

It's Okay Phil , I found the lost letters .
The text describes how Tumlinson found the first stone map . From the description of the stone ( spanish words and signs ) seems to been the priest/horse map .
Good work .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread