The Peralta Stones

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear Ellie Baba;
Instead of me pointing out the curiosity to everyone, I would first like to know how sharp everyone's sense of observation is, therefore I will refrain from stating the anomaly at this particular moment. I've never read of anyone discovering this anomaly before, so I may be a first, but then again I may not be. There is an anomaly between two of the stones and it should be fairly obvious after looking at them for a few moments each.
Your friend;
LAMAR

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lamar, it's a bit condescending and arrogant to assume to "notice" something quickly about the stones maps that nobody else has noticed, and then "test" everyone to see if anyone else can see it.

How bout just coming out and telling us what you noticed and those interested can discuss it?

If it's something that apparent, you may be surprised at how many other folks have noticed it. Just out of curiosity, do you know how many stones there are total?

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Lamar:
As I mentioned in the post,the Ethiopians are using a hall in a Jesuit Loyola Training Center for their services.The hall that they were using was in the basement or "first floor" of a wing of the main building.I was invited to the service in order to receive a blessing from the Bishop for having made a bell for the local congregation,the Priest of which happens to be a co-worker.The bell also received a blessing.I heard "Dies Irae" coming from a floor above the Ethiopians.It was not the Ethiopians who were chanting/singing it.It sounded like a fairly large group,and I liked it,so I asked an older gentleman in a black suit,who was headed that way ,what it was.I did not ask if they were mormons.... :laughing7:

Regards:SH.

Attachments

• 100_0673.JPG
    100_0673.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 375
  • 100_0697sm.jpg
    100_0697sm.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 386
  • 100_0673.JPG
    100_0673.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 372

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Wayne,

Liked the tone and color of your pictures, so I thought I would post a few of my own. Nothing to do with the stone maps, but I could add some petroglyphs as well. Posted them on another contentious topic here.

cactusjumper said:
This topic could use a peacful break, so here are some pictures I took last week on a pontoon ride up the river. The land critters were taken from a moving boat at around 150-200 yards:

IMG_7857.jpg

IMG_7848.jpg

IMG_7836.jpg

IMG_7658.jpg

IMG_8049.jpg

IMG_7652.jpg

I have a few bikini shots, but figure the blood preasure in this topic is already high enough. :boxing:

Take care, :)

Joe

Hopefully, these will keep me out of trouble:

IMG_7718.jpg

IMG_7709.jpg

This one is the "money" shot:
IMG_7747.jpg

It don't get any more LDM than a sunburst etched into the side of a rock. :icon_sunny:

Take care,

Joe

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Don Jose,

I realize the pictures are not up to some of the high standards that have been set in the LDM section of the Forum, but realize I am pushing the envelope by posting pictures so far removed from the topic. To try and edge a little closer to some of the conversations, I probably should post some of the Native American stuff.

Take care,

Joe

Well......I did post the rock art above, but figured I should include one shot of some other Native American :dontknow: artwork:

IMG_7913.jpg

Satisfied????

Joe

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice photos,Joe:
A couple more from the service.The smoke from the pots swung by the priests at different times in the ceremony makes some of the photos hazy.
The second pic is one of the "blessing of the children".I am invited back for a "fireside' celebration in September.

Regards:SH.

Attachments

• 100_0694sm.jpg
    100_0694sm.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 354
  • 100_0687sm.jpg
    100_0687sm.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 339

FEMF

Sep 10, 2009
lamar said:
Dear Ellie Baba;
Instead of me pointing out the curiosity to everyone, I would first like to know how sharp everyone's sense of observation is, therefore I will refrain from stating the anomaly at this particular moment. I've never read of anyone discovering this anomaly before, so I may be a first, but then again I may not be. There is an anomaly between two of the stones and it should be fairly obvious after looking at them for a few moments each.
Your friend;
LAMAR

Hello Lamar
If you are talking about, what has been called the Peralta trail stone, heart inlay? The Heart stone is much older then the trail stone, and there is a trail line on the left side of the trail stone inlay that is not continued on the heart.
The knife is Apache because it looks like theres, and the "A" on the handle with an arrow on the hilt.
Lamar you have never answered any of my questions in the past, and I would not think of asking you any now.
FEMF

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FEMF,

I put Lamar on "IGNORE" a while back because I found myself having to repeat the same proofs over and over and over. At first, he added a lot to the conversations and kept us on our toes. He then degenerated into acting offended at some inconsequential remark so he wouldn't have to address the subject at hand when he was proven wrong. Further debate with him became very frustrating and did nothing to further any knowledge.

I guess you must have some inside knowledge that proves the heart insert is older than the trail stones. Have you ever seen the Stone Maps in person? Yesterday was my third time. First time hands on (see pic). The heart is made from a different type of stone than the trail maps. I can't say that it is any older or younger.

The symbol on the handle of the dagger is not necessarily an "A". Please compare the symbol to every other "A" on the maps. It actually more closely resembles another symbol somewhere else on the maps. :wink:

Best-Mike

Attachments

• horsenme3sm.jpg
    horsenme3sm.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 323

FEMF

Sep 10, 2009
gollum said:
FEMF,

I put Lamar on "IGNORE" a while back because I found myself having to repeat the same proofs over and over and over. At first, he added a lot to the conversations and kept us on our toes. He then degenerated into acting offended at some inconsequential remark so he wouldn't have to address the subject at hand when he was proven wrong. Further debate with him became very frustrating and did nothing to further any knowledge.

I guess you must have some inside knowledge that proves the heart insert is older than the trail stones. Have you ever seen the Stone Maps in person? Yesterday was my third time. First time hands on (see pic). The heart is made from a different type of stone than the trail maps. I can't say that it is any older or younger.

The symbol on the handle of the dagger is not necessarily an "A". Please compare the symbol to every other "A" on the maps. It actually more closely resembles another symbol somewhere else on the maps. :wink:

Best-Mike
Hello Mike
Yes I've seen them three times at M.M. Museum, the first time was with Mason Cogan for free, the next time it was $50.00, the last time was with Mikael Davis, a San Carlos medicine man and it cost me $75.00.
I'm at work right now and I don't have those maps on this computer, but I'll check when I get home.
Mike we have found another horse shoe with the Cross in a Heart?
FEMF
P.S. As I've told you before Mike,"ALL THE WAY" "ALL THE TIME" old school!

Attachments

• HPIM0519.JPG
    HPIM0519.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 301
  • HPIM0522.JPG
    HPIM0522.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 299
  • HPIM0512.JPG
    HPIM0512.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 296
OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! That's great. Lamar will probably try to tell you that those were horseshoes manufactured by the Jesuits and sold to Miners and Soldiers. HAHAHA

Good to hear from you again. You kind of dropped off the face of the Earth there for a while.

Best-Mike

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Mike
Yes I've seen them three times at M.M. Museum, the first time was with Mason Cogan for free, the next time it was $50.00, the last time was with Mikael Davis, a San Carlos medicine man and it cost me $75.00.

Glad nobody is making money on the stones. :tongue3: (yeah, right).

Beth

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mrs.oroblanco said:
Hello Mike

Glad nobody is making money on the stones. :tongue3: (yeah, right).

Beth

Gee Beth,

Let's look and see what it costs the museum to keep it's doors open every month, then compare that to how much money they have made from showing the Stone Maps. I personally know of about ten or so people that have paid the money to photograph the stones up close. Let's see, the Stone Maps have been at the Museum since 1969. I know the number is far less than this, but lets just say that if every person here knew ten people that paid to shoot the stones (and thats not even taking into consideration that most of everybody's ten people are different). There's maybe ten people posting in this thread. Let's say those 100 people paid $100 (that is more than anybody has ever paid to see the stones). That is $10,000 divided by 41 years they have been at the museum. That equals $244 per year of revenue they have generated for the museum. That's about $20 per month. If you think thats on the low side, then maybe you should contact Ray Grant at the AM&MM, and ask him how many people a year pay to see the stones. I bet you will be surprised.

Yesterday, when I was at the Superstition Mountain Museum, there were roughly twenty people there to see the Stone Maps. I was one of about five (YES FIVE) that paid to get pics of them.

Guess again Beth-Mike

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Cubfan64 said:
Lamar, it's a bit condescending and arrogant to assume to "notice" something quickly about the stones maps that nobody else has noticed, and then "test" everyone to see if anyone else can see it.

How bout just coming out and telling us what you noticed and those interested can discuss it?

If it's something that apparent, you may be surprised at how many other folks have noticed it. Just out of curiosity, do you know how many stones there are total?
Dear Cubfan64;
It really is condescending and arrogant, isn't it?
Your friend;
LAMAR

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike,

The proof, is in the price. Always. Its the exact same thing when they "go out on the road". You just will not be able to convince me of any thing other than the truth. $$$$$$$

Beth

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear group;
OK, here it is everyone. The *horse* stone and the *witch* stone were carved by two different people. Why this would be, I have NO idea, yet all evidence points to the fact that the two stones were carved by two different people and very likely at two different times.

First, look at the style of the witch for a few minutes then look at the style of the horse. Obviously the person who carved the horse had some sort of prior art training, because of the use of perspective and stylized caricature. On the other hand, the witch looks like something any sort of untrained *artist* might draw.

And now for the clincher. Look at the style of block lettering in both the witch and horse stones and it should become immediately apparent that the lettering styles are different. Please examine the photos below with the pertinent letters circled. Also, please note that the lettering styles remain true and concise for the horse stone and the witch stone, yet the styles are completely different between the two stones.
Your friend;
LAMAR

Attachments

• horsef~1 copy.jpg
    horsef~1 copy.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 265
  • horsebk.jpg
    horsebk.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 264

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
mrs.oroblanco said:
So, what you are saying, Lamar, is that two different people couldn't spell?

B
Dear mrs.oroblanco;
No, I do not feel that the lettering was composed by two different people, rather the lettering was composed by one person yet the horse stone and the witch stone were carved by two completely different people. The sentence construction is the same for both stones, which leads me to believe that one person wrote the phrases for both stones down on paper then that person had two different stone carvers do the works.

Let's examine the misspelled word COAZON on the witch stone for a bit. Obviously the person who carved the stone meant to spell the word COAZON instead of spelling it properly as CORAZON. One very plausible reason for this error would be that the carver was carving the sentence from a hand written sheet of paper written by someone else, and the handwritten R looked similar to an A, and not knowing Spanish, the carver mistook the R for an A and wrote it as such instead of correcting the spelling.
Your friend;
LAMAR

minetres

Mar 13, 2008
I wonder if the Horse shoes do mean something. I was at a very good mine site Sunday looking around some monuments and found half a horse shoe right next to a very important Spanish Monument it was buried a few inches deep next to a Rock carving of a diamond with Sun Rays on it. Dose anyone know what the Horse shoe may mean?

Minetres

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread