THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I like the gravy with cornstarch instructions. I use a pressure cooker for my roasts mostly. So here’s what I did: first change I made, was I put coconut oil in the bottom of the pressure cooker. I usually use butter. Then I flowered the roast as usual. I looked at it and I thought, “ what would Bill do.?” Spice it up. So I sprinkled savory, thyme, marjoram , and onion salt on both sides of the roast and rubbed it in. Then I browned on both sides as usual. Added my veggies and went for beef broth. But I didn’t have any beef broth. So I contemplated using vegetable soup and seen that I had French onion soup so I went with that. Added a couple cans of water. Put the lid on and let the cooker work it’s magic. I’m telling you it was awesome! Mr. WD said, “what did you do different? This is the best roast you’ve made in a long time.”

It had a wonderful flavor. Very moist and tender too.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Partof our left over roast with it's attendant carrots and onion and potatoes had some corn added to it tonight, and the handful of beans picked yesterday.
All chopped up ,heated with gravy from the roasts drippings (or another source ,I didn't ask!) and we put it on fresh biscuits.

We tend to cook larger roasts than for just a meal. Not that it takes much of a roast for the two of us. And get multiple meals out of it.

Yep 2 meals and a little for lunch tomorrow! Before the virus, we were wasteful. No more nowadays.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We've had some radical changes this year at work....this old pirate quater master made it through the battle royal. For those of you who know what I do theres been some changes to the work schedule. Our big yacht "SEA SAFARI" Is gone. Sold. One captain and yacht has been replaced (quit/fired). We now have a new big boat, captain and crew. A 112 ft. Yacht called "SEA HAWK". This will be our sister mother yacht to our sail boat "WHITE HAWK". As my RCT crew mates know....we won the MAC race last summer on the 105 ft. WHITE HAWK !! Covid 19 has changed everything !!!! Now we have 4 new crew members and a 13 year co worker is gone (thank god) ! I am now senior employee in a pool of quite a few....14 years at sea for this family !! We also got and lost a 55 viking sport fish in the last few months !! Our 55 has been towed from the keys to palm beach and is on land and being repaired. In the same time frame capt D and I flew private jet to spanish wells bahamas and recovered our other 42 foot quad engine hydrosport open fish boat that had been stranded in the bahamas since feb. !! In the middle of this chaos I found one of the most significant treasure finds in a long time for the keys....a banner 1732 pillar dollar !!! WTF!!!.....in the mean time I'm fishing and keeping the other boats too....we've been fishing the 48 tiara and catching dolphin !! What a summer....I'm searching around conch key in beautiful clear water...and I'm about to go dive for the "Bronze cannon corp".....I hope !! Haven't herd anything about the TV thing....but that stuff happens quick...so who knows. They had 60 episodes of "another show to film first". Wooooo hoooo!! I'm going solo some where tomorrow and I hope to hit some spots with islamoradamark this weekend too. Summers in the keys means many hours in the cool gin clear water....and I savor every moment of it !! As far as galleon hunting goes....well..follow the crumpled lead bottom sheathing ?? I think the best I can describe this spring and summer is scary..and thrilling..at the same time. Aughhh hell ... I'm rambling.....its been a long weird spring and summer Corona pandemic !! And I guess we are just getting warmed up down here in south Florida !! Good night....I'm donnnnnnne zzzzzz !! zzzzz.

Last edited:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
If I was in your shoes Bart..................I would be ramblin too :icon_thumright: I'd offer you a beer, but I was told you drank it all :notworthy: TV star or not, you are still our Bart Reynolds, ( thanks to Rook ).:tongue3:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I like the gravy with cornstarch instructions. I use a pressure cooker for my roasts mostly. So here’s what I did: first change I made, was I put coconut oil in the bottom of the pressure cooker. I usually use butter. Then I flowered the roast as usual. I looked at it and I thought, “ what would Bill do.?” Spice it up. So I sprinkled savory, thyme, marjoram , and onion salt on both sides of the roast and rubbed it in. Then I browned on both sides as usual. Added my veggies and went for beef broth. But I didn’t have any beef broth. So I contemplated using vegetable soup and seen that I had French onion soup so I went with that. Added a couple cans of water. Put the lid on and let the cooker work it’s magic. I’m telling you it was awesome! Mr. WD said, “what did you do different? This is the best roast you’ve made in a long time.”

It had a wonderful flavor. Very moist and tender too.

There's been times I've looked around , and added a couple cups of strong hot coffee when no broth was available.
O.k. , I've added a cup of strong coffee with broth too!
I won't dare ya to. But if you get desperate and have coffee at hand ,give it a whirl.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
We've had some radical changes this year at work....this old pirate quater master made it through the battle royal. For those of you who know what I do theres been some changes to the work schedule. Our big yacht "SEA SAFARI" Is gone. Sold. One captain and yacht has been replaced (quit/fired). We now have a new big boat, captain and crew. A 112 ft. Yacht called "SEA HAWK". This will be our sister mother yacht to our sail boat "WHITE HAWK". As my RCT crew mates know....we won the MAC race last summer on the 105 ft. WHITE HAWK !! Covid 19 has changed everything !!!! Now we have 4 new crew members and a 13 year co worker is gone (thank god) ! I am now senior employee in a pool of quite a few....14 years at sea for this family !! We also got and lost a 55 viking sport fish in the last few months !! Our 55 has been towed from the keys to palm beach and is on land and being repaired. In the same time frame capt D and I flew private jet to spanish wells bahamas and recovered our other 42 foot quad engine hydrosport open fish boat that had been stranded in the bahamas since feb. !! In the middle of this chaos I found one of the most significant treasure finds in a long time for the keys....a banner 1732 pillar dollar !!! WTF!!!.....in the mean time I'm fishing and keeping the other boats too....we've been fishing the 48 tiara and catching dolphin !! What a summer....I'm searching around conch key in beautiful clear water...and I'm about to go dive for the "Bronze cannon corp".....I hope !! Haven't herd anything about the TV thing....but that stuff happens quick...so who knows. They had 60 episodes of "another show to film first". Wooooo hoooo!! I'm going solo some where tomorrow and I hope to hit some spots with islamoradamark this weekend too. Summers in the keys means many hours in the cool gin clear water....and I savor every moment of it !! As far as galleon hunting goes....well..follow the crumpled lead bottom sheathing ?? I think the best I can describe this spring and summer is scary..and thrilling..at the same time. Aughhh hell ... I'm rambling.....its been a long weird spring and summer Corona pandemic !! And I guess we are just getting warmed up down here in south Florida !! Good night....I'm donnnnnnne zzzzzz !! zzzzz.

#1 in goin solo is still safety as usual...

Lead sheathing orientation? Has it drifted?
If a low contour from a recent (or even prior) scour is near ,it might warrant a sniff.
Mapping found debris looking for a pattern or route away from ballast (where's that? Don't answer if you know..) might as well happen. If sheathing helps find a trend....Why not?
But , I know about as much about things tumbling/flowing/being drop kicked about in the ocean as I due about space satellite construction. Which ain't much!

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't worry he'll be saying good morning at about 230 am !! ARC IS A WIZARD !!!

Well.... to be somewhat clearer... heh

When I say "I am off to SEE a / the Wizard"... this can mean a few things... but mainly it means I am going to sleep.

When I say "I am off to BE a Wizard"... this means I am going to awake and working on trying to pull magic out of my arse.

:P

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have many happy dreams Arc.

Seriously you're hitting the pillow, and I'm still eating.

Either I'll have to start eating earlier, or you have to stay up later.

But this has to stop-I can't take it any longer. :laughing7:

Well it was 8:30... and like I say... just because I say that does not mean I am "going asleep".

It just means I am TUCKING YOU ALL into bed :P

:)

I watch some T.V. in bed... which is way more comfortable... AKA... Horizontalness.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning to anyone and to everyone.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009