THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
Just another perfect example of a person believes they have something that probably isn't.
The wealth, oh the money, sadly the money has been spent in their mind already.

It's so interesting to see these folks come to the biggest forum on the net. They want to know what it is (but they already have made up their mind on what it is).
The knowledgable members (I mean everyday I feel so inept really when I read the wealth of knowledge that some have and are so open in sharing it) will provide answers to what the item is or guidance on where to get the answer.
Yet the person will argue that they have something else. I wonder sometimes........
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/w...3-d-bullion-silver-lead-alloy-white-gold.html

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning Dave

Hope you have a safe drive back home today.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning Dave

Hope you have a safe drive back home today.

Thanks very much Jim, we're outta here at 10:30am, we should be home by 1:30pm.
We'll make a quick stop at the Tim Horton's in Bracebridge for breakfast, then it's Hwy 12 all the way home! :thumbsup:

I'll be getting my new cell phone early next week, I've been so lost without a phone. :sadsmiley: :laughing7:

I woke up to find the mice had been feasting on the hamburger buns left sitting on the kitchen counter last night.
Mental note: throw out buns and clean up mouse poopies before the girls get up.
:D

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks very much Jim, we're outta here at 10:30am, we should be home by 1:30pm.
We'll make a quick stop at the Tim Horton's in Bracebridge for breakfast, then it's Hwy 12 all the way home! :thumbsup:

I'll be getting my new cell phone early next week, I've been so lost without a phone. :sadsmiley: :laughing7:

I woke up to find the mice had been feasting on the hamburger buns left sitting on the kitchen counter last night.
Mental note: throw out buns and clean up mouse poopies before the girls get up.
:D

Oh I'd be asking for a tad bit of $$$ return.

Nothing like having rodent droppings on the kitchen counter in the morning. YUK!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh I'd be asking for a tad bit of $$$ return.

Nothing like having rodent droppings on the kitchen counter in the morning. YUK!

Oh believe me when I say I have a list of complaints and pics I'll be sending to the owner & the renters representative on Sunday.
Don't get me wrong it's been a great holiday... but when you pay $3,200 for a week long cottage rental and have had to deal with what we have since we arrived, there needs to be some accountability! :censored:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So the night before last Max was upset (many times) at the voices coming up from the small Gov't park. While out walking we heard this screaming that set Max off once again.
So I turned the torch up to 1000 lumens, then turned it off. We walked down to the park, got 20ft away from a car parked there, then lit it up.
Yup there it is 4 young ones just hanging out parking.
I just asked " Are we good"
"Yes"
I commented that when we hear a person screaming in the dark at a dam/cliffs/docks/ we have to wonder that's all.
"Sorry"
They left, all is good.

Last night just as we were going to bed the house was filled with the smell of wood smoke-fire someplace!
Got dressed again, in the truck, drove down to the park-lit the place up with high beam.

There we have it camp fire-marshmallows camping chairs-beer-bankets on the ground smoke rolling up through the woods-into our home.

" There's a burn ban in effect-you have 5 minutes to put it out-pack up and leave-or I'll make the call "

They were like ants running around saving the eggs-fire being doused with the beer running to the dam for more water. No flack-just a sorry.

Good kids actually-just having some fun-"Their new hang out" Except this one has one grumpy old "X" Party dude living above it.:laughing7:

I remember getting flack from property owners while out partying-what a bunch of arses for raining on our good times.

Now I have become one of those very same folks 40yrs later.:dontknow:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good morning Bill
I see you had a little moisture over night.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh believe me when I say I have a list of complaints and pics I'll be sending to the owner & the renters representative on Sunday.
Don't get me wrong it's been a great holiday... but when you pay $3,200 for a week long cottage rental and have had to deal with what we have since we arrived, there needs to be some accountability! :censored:

Maybe I should be renting out my place.
Comes with 3 lovely fur balls. (Very much into cupboard love)
No mice
Great views
Just a few dust bunnies hiding under the furniture. :laughing7:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Except this one has one grumpy old "X" Party dude living above it.:laughing7:

I remember getting flack from property owners while out partying-what a bunch of arses for raining on our good times.

I completely agree with your above statement Jim... mainly because I've detected with that
"grumpy old "X" Party dude"! :thumbsup:

We all used to be those "Good kids actually-just having some fun", but not we're all "old enough to know better, but young enough that we don't care". :laughing7:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I knew I should used the last place for a rental-could of got at least $3250 a week maybe. Dock 2 lifts, steps into the water (35ft away) Oh well snoozed and I loosed.
BA142746-A25A-4FFE-89BA-95C26D91F084.jpeg

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I completely agree with your above statement Jim... mainly because I've detected with that
"grumpy old "X" Party dude"! :thumbsup:

We all used to be those "Good kids actually-just having some fun", but not we're all "old enough to know better, but young enough that we don't care". :laughing7:

Actually I commented to the Mrs on how well mannered these young kids were. Very respectful, they drove really slow coming and going, no argument.

Kind of scary to thinking about it now-probably scheming up a plot to come back and do the butcher knife movie scene on me. :laughing7:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya know...Sis, I make roasts and such the same way. In that I make 'em larger, for multiple meals. But, another reason I do it is so I have something in my icebox to raid late nights. :tongue3:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Morning AARC..... pepperj.....bill and Dave. Kinda running late this morning. Pea picking time again. Thank goodness I didn’t plant more. Another 108 heat index day. Can’t complain though, I’m still above ground.:laughing7:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning AARC..... pepperj.....bill and Dave. Kinda running late this morning. Pea picking time again. Thank goodness I didn’t plant more. Another 108 heat index day. Can’t complain though, I’m still above ground.:laughing7:

Morning rook,
After hearing about the heat you're dealing with, I'm not going to say anything about our latest heat advisory.

Besides, the last of our snow just melted here this past week, so I'm not complaining! :laughing7:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I knew I should used the last place for a rental-could of got at least $3250 a week maybe. Dock 2 lifts, steps into the water (35ft away) Oh well snoozed and I loosed.

Was that your place on Howe Island Jim, I only ever saw pics of the inside? :icon_scratch:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
< snip >

Back then? You didn't have a house invested in that would be gone because of some fun campfires in a fire ban area. ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread