THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning Dave
Good to hear that you arrived home safe and sound.
Also the prospect of the old being new again in the career field.

"The second thing I did when I got home from the cottage yesterday was to update my CV."

Now I have had to replace a CV in my vehicle one time-but never updated one. :laughing7:

CV - Curriculum vitae buddy. :laughing7:

"A curriculum vitae is Latin for "course of life", often shortened as CV or vita is a written overview of someone's life's work (academic formation, publications, qualifications, etc.). Vitae can be plural or possessive. Vitae often aim to be a complete record of someone's career and can be extensive. They are different from a résumé, which is typically a brief 1 — 2-page summary of qualifications and work experience for the purposes of employment, and often only presents recent highlights. In many countries, a résumé is typically the first item that a potential employer encounters regarding the job seeker and is typically used to screen applicants, often followed by an interview. Vitae may also be requested for applicants to post-secondary programs, scholarships, grants, and bursaries. In the 2010s it became popular for applicants to provide an electronic text of their CV to employers using email, an online employment website or using a job-oriented social-networking-service website, such as LinkedIn."

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good mornin :hello:

The site Iv bin at is deep in the woods and isnt to bad put in 3.5 hours yesterday, going to do some river detecting today...:skullflag:

The round thing i posted yesterday judging by the size and solder marks on the back i think its a rosette off a bridle but it was the pitcher inscribed on the front that intrigued me, looks to be wheat in a bundle with a fork and rake also see a ladder, chain, pulley...

The site it on my 1888 and 1920 maps but is long gone when looking the 1954 aerial...

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
CV - Curriculum vitae buddy. :laughing7:

"A curriculum vitae is Latin for "course of life", often shortened as CV or vita is a written overview of someone's life's work (academic formation, publications, qualifications, etc.). Vitae can be plural or possessive. Vitae often aim to be a complete record of someone's career and can be extensive. They are different from a résumé, which is typically a brief 1 — 2-page summary of qualifications and work experience for the purposes of employment, and often only presents recent highlights. In many countries, a résumé is typically the first item that a potential employer encounters regarding the job seeker and is typically used to screen applicants, often followed by an interview. Vitae may also be requested for applicants to post-secondary programs, scholarships, grants, and bursaries. In the 2010s it became popular for applicants to provide an electronic text of their CV to employers using email, an online employment website or using a job-oriented social-networking-service website, such as LinkedIn."

"Now I have had to replace a CV in my vehicle one time-but never updated one. :laughing7:"

I'm sticking to my story-wrote one-never updated it-even when I fired myself.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
morning guys and gals.:hello:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good mornin :hello:

The site Iv bin at is deep in the woods and isnt to bad put in 3.5 hours yesterday, going to do some river detecting today...:skullflag:

The round thing i posted yesterday judging by the size and solder marks on the back i think its a rosette off a bridle but it was the pitcher inscribed on the front that intrigued me, looks to be wheat in a bundle with a fork and rake also see a ladder, chain, pulley...

The site it on my 1888 and 1920 maps but is long gone when looking the 1954 aerial...

I even see a little bird, interesting piece on all the different aspects of farming/homestead life.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good morning GB

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to the cleanest beach in the keys yesterday. I couldn't believe it....I got a few aluminum can tops.....that's it !! Never seen anything like it.....not even trash. Never would have believed it had I not been there and done that. Nobody stayed on this island...ever. now I know where to send people !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are on day 2 of rain. Started mid day yesterday and is still going. I metal detected in the rain with about 10 -15 other people who just did there thing in the rain too.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found one nice silver spoon....when I got home it was gone....lost somewhere along the line !! My only good find !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess I should go check the coins.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Morning GB AND TC

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Afternoon everyone and anyone, I'm thinking the humidity is getting a tad too sticky out right now to be working in the sun.

All my jewel weed had a nice haircut last night-thanks to a Bambi. Worked on the perimeter guards to prevent the next hit-which will be the inside garden.

I sprayed for an hour Gypsy Moth egg clusters and the females. A mixture of alcohol-water-soap except my like new garden sprayer blew a hole right threw the metal canister. I guess the sun built enough pressure and popped the hole.

Interesting couple stopped by to look at the view. Turned out the old fellow(80+) knew of the area and his uncle had owned the dairy in the hamlet. Well it was like having my very own living/breathing history book giving me answers to many of the questions that I've been wondering about.

" When I was a little boy my father and uncle took me up on top of bluff to see where the block house was located. Then they pointed out the wharf system that ran the whole length of the shore"

Ok stop please-you need to show me exactly where sir.

" You see your dockage? Well 30ft past that it ran all the way to the point over there. So on a calm day with sun to your back you can see the timbers still laying perfectly on the bottom-it looked like a person could still walk along the wharf"

Really?

"I remember my uncle and my father telling me that when they were small they remember their father helping unload the steamer of goods and passengers."

Ok! Now my heads spinning of what could be laying on the bottom of my bay! The water along the cliff is only waist deep at most, so I'm now thinking-oh there's too many thoughts to even think!!

Oh I'll have this brain worm on the mind until I go looking. Time to start unpacking some water gear, I'm thinking of making that floating recovery system up now. Oh my, my. 500+ feet of wharf system tab was in operation for a 100+ years. Pre-pull tab days too!

Now this is a good day-and it's only half way through.

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dave,

Good news on recycling yourself back with your old employer. Since you already know their products it would take much time to get up to speed which is a win/win for both parties. Good luck!

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well we spent the day at the mother in law's helping with some chores around the house and yard. She's 86 and still living at home with some medical issues, however, given the current virus situation she's better there than under quarantine in a retirement home.

So courtesy of that a simple supper we thawed out some pulled pork and I'll throw together a salad from the garden and probably have a shot of my home made sauerkraut on the side.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess I should go check the coins.

20200718_200029.jpg always pays to double check !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread