THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good afternoon.

I spent all day yesterday and part of today searching for the identity of the shell. It matches 90% with a AP-T shell fired from a Sherman tank, but the base ring is wrong. We'll see.

Off to work, bye.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good afternoon crew mates.
There's been talk of wild parties, & mud strewn decks!
WHADIFIND getting bumped off ship.
WD making pot roast like a wizard.
Rook getting baked...hot, hot, hot!
Bart hunting treasure while swimming in clear as "gin" water...cause here's no rum left??
There are said to be multiple new freezers aboard ship...holding berries?? many, many berries!!

And the Captain pulling magic out of some southern port or something??

... ANTIQUARIAN is coming back to all this?
Even RR's wheeling and dealing can't fix all this!I
....where's a broom and a mop? ...and a backhoe!

Broom? Mop? Backhoe?
Won't help...the outhouse is already overflowing! Nowhere to put it! :dontknow:

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The round one has me wondering if it means something or represents something, what yas think about it?

20200717_204329.jpg

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those all came from a cellar hole iv bin hitting

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good afternoon RR and Msbeepbeep. Sorry I missed you guys. I was traveling most of the afternoon. Picked up my Kawasaki mule this afternoon. See you tomorrow.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Picked up the gifted freezer today and looked at the fellows lumber piles he has drying for his future retirement hobby.
It seems like everyone I know is just running around putting out fires in their lives.Busy/busy
Picked another 1.5 pounds of berries and over half were wild red raspberries, and when they're as big as domestic.
So I scored brownie points with the red berries and a big bouquet of Black Eyed Susans. :headbang:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Very nice finds TC. It's so darn hot here you can hardly breath much less detect. I use to though but not anymore. I guess I could detect while picking peas.:laughing7:Nah.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Evening TC
Whats on the flip side, is it a big dandy or a cover off a pocket watch.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice finds TC. It's so darn hot here you can hardly breath much less detect. I use to though but not anymore. I guess I could detect while picking peas.:laughing7:Nah.

I was going to try picking berries and detect today-it was easier just to do one or the other. Switch back and forth, it was a warm one out there today. We had a lovely breeze a bit ago, now it's dead calm again

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jim,

You're such a smooth operator...

Picked up the gifted freezer today and looked at the fellows lumber piles he has drying for his future retirement hobby.
It seems like everyone I know is just running around putting out fires in their lives.Busy/busy
Picked another 1.5 pounds of berries and over half were wild red raspberries, and when they're as big as domestic.
So I scored brownie points with the red berries and a big bouquet of Black Eyed Susans. :headbang:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Originally posted by Bart:

ARC.....you are so right to be excited about the archives in havana....we have had access for some years now and that info could not be found anywhere else.....many times the official records in spain differ from those in cuba....the colonial officials in havana hid many truths from the king and nobility back home in spain. The salvage accounts of all the major fleet disasters are much more in depth 1622, 1715,1733 etc. This is the future of treasure...cuban archives in Havana will lead to many great discoveries.....already our access has closed back up....but we do have friends in high places down there !![/QUOTE]

=========

When I first saw that episode I was impressed and began thinking about all the new possibilities. The episode you saw ARC, ( and I watched it again about the same time you did ), was actually a RE-RUN which had originally aired May or June of 2017. They run it a few times a year so it has been on 6+ times. Josh Gates and his crew were extremely fortunate to have been able to have access when they did. Relations with Cuba have not been the best lately. I agree with you and Bart on the fact that Cuba holds the key to most of the missing/misinterpreted information.

If Bart will provide the boat, I will take care of the security, and you can sneak in and grab all the ship's manifests and logs. 8-)

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
That landscaping on your previous home looks absolutely beautiful. Sorry it took 46 days, but looks like you finally got it right :laughing7:

Last edited:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Just kidding about the 46 days to get it right :notworthy:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread