THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Morning bart and WD

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
https://50thpainfantry.wixsite.com/my-site

Here is what I got so far. It is NOT complete. I want to play around with the home page more, and of course add WAY more things to the menu. Let me know what changes you would make. Don't be shy.

Mornin all!

Way to go Rusty!

I click on the subjects in the box (four choices/headings) below your home page banner and find duplication among varied time frames of subjects...
I may simply be confused (try to be surprised here...l.o.l.) but none of the four should cross over from one heading to another.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
RC,

Good morning hope you're doing well.

Doin well Uncle. Hope you and the Mrs. are not climbing the walls with the cat(s) too much.
Laying off shoveling snow. Briefly.
Able to get around through it well enough where it's cleared.
Due for a grocery run. Not enthused about it though...

Done hunting for the season.
Need to pull the cover/skin off a blind.
Waiting for snow to get reduced first to allow taking a turn/peek at the areas I've stayed out of all season.
There is a crust of ice to break through , then a few inches of snow.
Lousy with crutches. And the wheelchair is not going to work in it.

Working on getting back to the amputee clinic.
Been several years.
My mad scientist prosthetic builder retired from there , so it's kind of starting anew. Who knows what's new?
We worked on the Canadian style "bucket" to mount a prosthetic on. Thier having used them in hip disarticulation amputations with some success.
Did not work well for my unique arrangement of salvaged tissue, but there's other options to possibly try. A "bikini" style is one.
Instead of a bucket around ones waist , more of a C shaped piece to attach to it. Leaving sides open.
Suspension is the matter though. Pistoning inside the upper prosthetic is not a good thing. We need then to hang about eighteen pounds of a prosthetic by clamping somewhere. Limiting options. More so when sitting is a consideration. My arthritic bones don't like the idea of a shoulder strap , but suspect the topic will be revisited.

Kinda where my mind is today.

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Considering it's January 6th it's probably an appropriate song for someone we might know of....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Mornin all!

Way to go Rusty!

I click on the subjects in the box (four choices/headings) below your home page banner and find duplication among varied time frames of subjects...
I may simply be confused (try to be surprised here...l.o.l.) but none of the four should cross over from one heading to another.

Did you click on the random page? Nothing gets sorted there. I just checked, and everything seems to be running normally. I also finished updating it at about 11:30 AM, so I may have inadvertently fixed the problem if you view it before then.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Did you click on the random page? Nothing gets sorted there. I just checked, and everything seems to be running normally. I also finished updating it at about 11:30 AM, so I may have inadvertently fixed the problem if you view it before then.

Oh no , I'm clicking back and forth again...:tongue3:

Random page has the same content now as the WW2 page does.
Duplication still. But yes , less than you had before among all four pages.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

Random page has the same content (at least some of the same content) now as the WW2 page does.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Doin well Uncle. Hope you and the Mrs. are not climbing the walls with the cat(s) too much.
Laying off shoveling snow. Briefly.
Able to get around through it well enough where it's cleared.
Due for a grocery run. Not enthused about it though...

Done hunting for the season.
Need to pull the cover/skin off a blind.
Waiting for snow to get reduced first to allow taking a turn/peek at the areas I've stayed out of all season.
There is a crust of ice to break through , then a few inches of snow.
Lousy with crutches. And the wheelchair is not going to work in it.

Working on getting back to the amputee clinic.
Been several years.
My mad scientist prosthetic builder retired from there , so it's kind of starting anew. Who knows what's new?
We worked on the Canadian style "bucket" to mount a prosthetic on. Thier having used them in hip disarticulation amputations with some success.
Did not work well for my unique arrangement of salvaged tissue, but there's other options to possibly try. A "bikini" style is one.
Instead of a bucket around ones waist , more of a C shaped piece to attach to it. Leaving sides open.
Suspension is the matter though. Pistoning inside the upper prosthetic is not a good thing. We need then to hang about eighteen pounds of a prosthetic by clamping somewhere. Limiting options. More so when sitting is a consideration. My arthritic bones don't like the idea of a shoulder strap , but suspect the topic will be revisited.

Kinda where my mind is today.

Interesting situation RC.
My neighbour's son-in-law tests the newest prosthetics that are invented for the Vets. I believe he lost his in one his tours.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Random page has the same content (at least some of the same content) now as the WW2 page does.

Hm. I have no clue how to fix it.

So you're saying that WWII stuff is in the Random Page? That's normal. That's where everything goes if you feel like looking through posts randomly. As long as WWII stuff isn't with the Civil War stuff, that's normal.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Afternoon RC, Don

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hm. I have no clue how to fix it.

So you're saying that WWII stuff is in the Random Page? That's normal. That's where everything goes if you feel like looking through posts randomly. As long as WWII stuff isn't with the Civil War stuff, that's normal.

it's Your site Rusty. I don't mean insult or propriety.

Random page has the same content as WW2. Duplicated same articles /pictures. In other words , redundancy.
I'd use it random for content and topics not on other pages. Of course it could be related to anything elsewhere , but not the same articles or pictures as another page.

I click on random and see the same thing as on WW2. Why that stands out as odd , is my question followed by , how. l.o.l..

Respectfully.
"One man in the arena is worth a thousand harping critics".

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting situation RC.
My neighbour's son-in-law tests the newest prosthetics that are invented for the Vets. I believe he lost his in one his tours.

I've an Otto Bock C-leg he has likely run. Quite a device.
Above the knee amputations require about 200% more effort to swing/work.
Modified or complete hip disarticulations require throwing the pelvis to swing a prosthetic. That often means using a cane. Now you've tied up a hand.
Good luck toting a bale or bag of feed. L.o.l..

I was researching prosthetics early on after my amputation.
While there is an art and science as to when to fit one , among farmers it seemed vital to get them on as soon as possible. Or...They were often found to be "in the way" as adaptation without them had already begun.

There is and can be both real , and "Phantom" pain. Both are interesting topics. Nerves can do strange things after being severed. But the illusion of a limb existing that isn't and by associated pain or other feeling I find more interesting.
Our minds/brains are constantly sending out signals (lets say like our detectors) and the returned input signal data is used.
When a limb is removed the brain is not getting return signal(s) , but normal function requires a baseline to measure with /from. So, the brain repeats the last received signal. That can mean feeling a broken limb. Or burning limb. Or whatever signal the brain substitutes as a baseline/feedback for the blank static it is receiving when it asks a part of the body , what's going on , how you doin?

Long time ago a guy (sorry I forget whom and am being too lazy to look it up) took "photo's" of peoples auras/energy fields around thier bodies.
Some amputees showed no limb where one was missing. Others showed a limb where one was missing.
My question would be , which of them had phantom pain?

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
My brother had a few amputations. Brought on by smoking, type II diabetes and clogged veins. He told the dr each time to take as little as possible. Caused a lot of grief for himself. Start with toes, then he got sepsis and they had to take off the leg to just below the knee. He didn’t even get out of the hospital. They had to go back and take off just above the knee. Then the prosthetic didn’t work with the remaining bones, so they had to go back and tweek the site. He had ghost pains. My mom had a partial amputation of her foot. Months of going to drs for debriement (so?). She was constantly in pain so I don’t know if she had ghost pain or real. They both had itching though.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
it's Your site Rusty. I don't mean insult or propriety.

Random page has the same content as WW2. Duplicated same articles /pictures. In other words , redundancy.
I'd use it random for content and topics not on other pages. Of course it could be related to anything elsewhere , but not the same articles or pictures as another page.

I click on random and see the same thing as on WW2. Why that stands out as odd , is my question followed by , how. l.o.l..

Respectfully.
"One man in the arena is worth a thousand harping critics".

Okay, that's how I "designed" it. I accidentally created that section in the menu, didn't know how to get rid of it, and just called it the random page. It's supposed to be like that until I get the brains enough to fix it. :)

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
D.C. Capitol has been breached: One woman shot, condition unknown. Senate floor taken over. Unknown situation at the time.

My friend and the man who helped me find my first bullet is there. I wonder how he's faring. Congressman Massie is there as well. I hope he has the brains enough to get behind the democrats in the room. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread