THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning Rusty

Over the years I have known a few that have had their own websites, and it has been a real challenge even with tech support of a platform builder (if that's what they're called)
Though a family member did the whole set up, design, for collectables and it was a really a good site. I tip my hat to you Rusty in your abilities in doing such things so early in life.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good morning ARC, Dave, Fat, Jim & WD.

Good luck with the final interview Dave here's hoping you Ace it!..:headbang::headbang::headbang:
Thank you so much Bill. :thumbsup:
I have a good feeling about it, especially after I asked the recruiter for some background information about the company VP.

According to the recruiter, he's a...

· No-nonsense, straight forward to the point type of person
· Very thorough when it comes to doing business
· Former contractor and ex-US Marine
· He's all business, so no joking around during the phone interview

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Morning. Network problems this morning

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Morning AARC, WD, Fat, bill, pepper and Dave

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm still trying to process that WD is so smitten :love7:with GD's shovel, that she actually bought one.

But the truth be told here folks it's entirely the other way around-did you know that?

GD was trolling TN and came across WD's post up of here detecting finds and saw that digging tool.

Thought well if she can handle it-it'll make me look soooo gooood on camera. :laughing7:

There you have it folks-the way it really was.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rusty good morning I took a quick look at your new website and looks great so far I'm sure it'll be a runaway success!:hello2::hello2::hello2:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
T

· No-nonsense, straight forward to the point type of person
· Very thorough when it comes to doing business
· Former contractor and ex-US Marine
· He's all business, so no joking around during the phone interview

Gee he sounds like one of my permissions that I have. Guy is so serious that everyone hates him-my friend says he'll drop by 50 with a heart attack he's so serious.
So I wear it like a little badge of honour when I get that little crack of a smile when we have a chat up.
When I see the other friend I usually tell him-I got Bobby to smile the other day, and we have a good hearted.:laughing7:

(Though I use him as a "Name drop" when seeking another permission-and I'll never forget the reply "Well if ........let you hunt on their property, I guess it's ok with me to do the same")

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello and good morning people !!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Fat, your words here are so true about WD and MsBB, they both add so much to this thread with their perspectives.
I like to tell our teenage daughter, “we’re all going through something, so try and show some patience and compassion to others”.

Dave,
Thank you, that was very kind of you to say that. I often doubt my online presence here. Even take breaks intentionally to give you guys a break from me.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning Rook, Bart

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm still trying to process that WD is so smitten :love7:with GD's shovel, that she actually bought one.

But the truth be told here folks it's entirely the other way around-did you know that?

GD was trolling TN and came across WD's post up of here detecting finds and saw that digging tool.

Thought well if she can handle it-it'll make me look soooo gooood on camera. :laughing7:

There you have it folks-the way it really was.

ROFL!!!!! Thanks for that laugh, Pepper!!!

Now, Bart, I was debating on letting this cat out of the bag, but Pepper has pushed me over the edge. You are going to have 5-6 tourons in a couple weeks. I have told MR Wd to go to the brewery and leave you a note that says, "MR WD was here." If you should actually meet, please recant Pepper's version of how it really went down, and do not tell him how much time I spend in the rum room! 8-)

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dave,

You had mentioned about asking the recruiter about the VP's personality good move on your part. When I was doing mostly pricing/marketing one of our sales reps had mentioned that the director of sales at one of our major customers was an antique car buff.

The downside he was very introverted by nature. When we had our annual traffic club dinner I'd double up with the sales reps to help out with smoozing with the customers. We were standing around chatting during the pre dinner cocktail and I brought up the topic of antique cars with the customer.

He opened up and was telling me about his latest restoration project on an old sports car and he had the time of his life. For several years after that he'd gravitate to me because I helped put him at ease.

Some sales techniques are not taught in school...:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread