THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
C'mon WD : You have got to toughen up and take care of #1 when it's down to just you two and your Cuz left at your house , no food , and some fresh sassy chicken embryos/ eggs.(!)
Here's how to do it for practice next time Lil Cuz shows up. Take lil Cuz's vehicle...And go find a store or restaurant....

LOL. Good thing they built a dollar general up the road.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning Wd, ARC

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Morning yā€™all

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Morning WD, AARC and pepper.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
Gmorn, I think Iā€™ll go back to bed. Wind is still howling. Blew my teepee down. I think it would be not much fun back in the day, to ride out a storm, hanging on to a lodge pole all week or almost month long. All the buffalo chips for the fire blown away. Weā€™re having fun now..

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning, ARC, Fat, Rook and Pepperj.

This is going to be a great day! I have already taken a nap.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good morning, ARC, Fat, Rook, Jim and WD. :wave:

I have to love the new 'stay at home order' here in Ontario.
My wife goes to bed at 4:45am just as I'm getting up. :laughing7:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good morning, ARC, Fat, Rook and Pepperj.

This is going to be a great day! I have already taken a nap.

Can you at least be a little more quiet if your up roaming around so early........:laughing7:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Rodeo is North Americaā€™s no.1 sport. Itā€™s a small world. I know of Guy also but Iā€™m just a fan mostly. Calgary was a vacation destination all the years I was grown up. Rodeo, Olympics, Banff, lake L. fishing, rafting, on and on. Iā€™m really looking forward to taking my niece and nephew across Canada on the express RR. Next few years.
My wife and I were planning on celebrating our 25[SUP]th[/SUP] Anniversary this year by taking a trip on the Rocky Mountaineerā€¦ https://www.rockymountaineer.com/

It was either that or we were going to head to Scotland and spend a few nights in the castle where we were married in ā€˜96.
I guess weā€™ll just have to celebrate our 25[SUP]th[/SUP] next year. :sadsmiley:

Been incommunicado this weekend as I've been helping my wife get through her first bout of debilitating, searing back pain and today I'll take her to her doc.
Finally got her some muscle relaxers yesterday that made the night bearable for her.
Iā€™m so sorry to hear about your wifeā€™s back pain Pete, Iā€™ve suffered from sciatic nerve pain for years.
I hope sheā€™s feeling better soon. :thumbsup:

Afternoon everyone that is hang out.
Got to watch the funniest thing this morning with the young hens (5 small eggs so far today ).
So this hen is in the corner, making the nest down into the wood chips, goes around and around an I'm watching 8 others all crowding around watching her. Geez it was a live instructional on this is how you lay an egg.

Hard to get any serious work done when I'm there watching the watchers. This is starting to into the daily egg hunt, seems like there's a few that just want to pick any old spot to lay, and not in the 10 laying boxes.

Maybe the first one is a where ever and from then on they pick a box.
Would love to have seen a pic of this Jimā€¦ theyā€™re only young once.
They grow up so fast, before you know it theyā€™re off getting laid all by themselvesā€¦ hold on, that didnā€™t come out right. :icon_scratch:

With young hens, I put plastic /fake eggs in the boxes in the beginning. Singles.

Was the corner chosen to drop an egg shaded?
Shade might be a factor in box use. (?)
This is a great suggestion RC. :hello2:
Hereā€™s an interesting article about encouraging egg-layingā€¦
https://www.thespruce.com/get-hens-lay-eggs-nest-boxes-3016774

We have a few golf/ ping pong balls in the boxes. Though this was first time I got an egg out of the broader area.
Maybe all the others saying" go back".
Never ending entertainment.
Here you go Jimā€¦ https://www.amazon.ca/Porcelain-Bisque-Easter-Decorate-Chicken/dp/B084VCVL4X

Back in the '80's I was t-boned in my Jeep CJ7, rolled over 3 times which resulted in a broken wrist and a twisted back.
My back often goes out resulting to sciatic pain, and most muscle relaxers and pain pills help relieve some of the pain.
AARP recommended this product for back and sciatic pain- MAGNIlife ARNICA Pain Relief Gel.
Using it in conjunction with the prescribed meds really relieves the that constant pain.
It's available at Walgreens, Pete, and your wife should give it a try.
Here in Canada, Iā€™ve used Voltaren Emulgel for my back and the arthritis pain in my knees for a few years now. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately,
Voltaren is only available in the US by prescription, I found this out when I ran out of it in San Francisco in 2019.
I went to Walgreens and all I could get was Icy Hot Creamā€¦ all it did, was make me smell like a walking ad for Vicks VapoRub. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread