THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
WIF,

This guy would probably make a killing doing conventional farming also. He's a good organizer and smart businessman.

Actually I don't quite get why they charge a premium for organic produce. Think about it zero costs, for fertilizer, insecticides, fungicides, herbicides, etc....They're mostly small scale with most of the work done manually especially the no till crowd.

So they don't have to spend a small fortune on high tech tractors, etc...just a bit more manpower because it's more labor intensive.

I think it’s because production is only about half a crop.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning, Bart. So, you had a fun treasure hunting excursion with your little dude? That's awesome!

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
GMorn world, I walked for arrows yesterday and found a preform/tool piece and a pocket full of scrapers. I post a few pics.
70 again today, snow forecast end of week. It’s not so bad when melts off in day or 2.
A friends of mine, kids, are making bird cages out of old wire spools for 4H. I’m going to get the “quail” model and a few egg layers and dozen or so.
Ethan did you sell all your coins. Message me, I’ll make a bid on those quarters or something. I want a Spanish coin too.
Have a great day!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
GMorn world, I walked for arrows yesterday and found a preform/tool piece and a pocket full of scrapers. I post a few pics.
70 again today, snow forecast end of week. It’s not so bad when melts off in day or 2.
A friends of mine, kids, are making bird cages out of old wire spools for 4H. I’m going to get the “quail” model and a few egg layers and dozen or so.
Ethan did you sell all your coins. Message me, I’ll make a bid on those quarters or something. I want a Spanish coin too.
Have a great day!

Good morning, Fat. Are those pictures on the gifs thread where you walked? FYI one is invalid. Probably too big of a pic for the forum. That's what usually happens.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good morning, rook. How’s Ms Sadie?

A year and a half now and out of control :laughing7: 3CFBE4B6-E584-45D4-A0BE-A9689F00D1F0.jpeg

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning, R-chair. Are you snow-free yet? Ours is pretty much gone. Yay! :hello2:

Oh heck no.
Still snow on the roof of the plow truck.
Snow and ice on the house roof.
I'm ready to start moving snowbanks , but the bucket tractor with it's one near bald rear tire is sitting in too much snow still.
I have not wanted to thrash through the snow to get the battery charger on it yet. Maybe today....
Several inches on average in the shaded areas of the yard. Still snow on the back East facing deck steps.
Some areas the ground is showing. Some areas of the road are bare and others have around three inches of ice still.

We'll have a good melt this coming week though.

Last edited:

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Drive past going to the spot. Big bathroom idea for you?...and talked about them on here. The bad pic is funny. It’s all blurry now? Don’t know what to do.?.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The HD list in my life might look like a short novel, or a-z dress book.
Probably "IF" I ever looked for one-I could easily find one in every room-it's just a blur-I'll be the first to admit it-I don't do lists, I know what there's to do and it just keeps flowing.

I'm so bad when it comes to lists that if the Mrs goes out of her way to write me a list, I put it my pocket, get to the store, I can't find the list. :laughing7:

So now we do the list, take a photo of the list, text the list, and sadly I still forget to look at the list, or if I do forget something on the list. :dontknow:

Seriously I don't think I can be fixed-when it comes to a list.

Don't get me wrong-writing it down is a great way of remembering things.

Scatter brained maybe might be a good term.

"I am woman! Hear me roar!!!"
Feminist!
Equal!
Can do anything you can do!

Honey? Do this for me?

:angel12: :dontknow:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have a great day!

Sometimes I think I must've lost whatever finding skills I might have had before. Everytime I go for a walk, I not only have to suffer from the "Curse of the Clad". But I also always keep my eyes open for points and such. I have *only* found *ONE* arrowhead in the last FIVE years!!!

Gettin' old sucks! :BangHead:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WD,

Well last year we had something like 350 lbs of tomatoes. Tomato sauce, tomato soup, salsa, chutney, etc....lots of eating fresh and preserving. Also shared with family and friends.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well hells bells....im in !!:occasion14:

Hmmmm? One post from Bart and he disappears? Maybe he is coming to Dayton for the freebies? LOL :laughing9:

Noticed that also, though when he didn't say what.

he said "im in !!"?

load of sh**
water
treasure
port
over the head
debt
The groove
Each would be something-but till he says....

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
WD,

Well last year we had something like 350 lbs of tomatoes. Tomato sauce, tomato soup, salsa, chutney, etc....lots of eating fresh and preserving. Also shared with family and friends.

Good afternoon, Bill. I hope I don’t get that much. Whew you are going to scare me out of planting them.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I made over $594 selling my Morgans in the classifieds! I'm well over the range of getting that reale now! It might take me a while to get it though.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rusty,

Congratulations!

Now you're branching out from arrowheads and relics to coins.

You'll have a nice little business going in no time.

I made over $594 selling my Morgans in the classifieds! I'm well over the range of getting that reale now! It might take me a while to get it though.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Rusty,

Congratulations!

Now you're branching out from arrowheads and relics to coins.

You'll have a nice little business going in no time.

I'm in the moving process too. I'll be trying to get my drivers license this week, and the same day, try to get hired as a security guard in W.Va. Today I packed up all of my WWII collection. Damn, am I deppressed about it. Next go the bottles, then the arrowheads, relics and coins. All a little bit at a time, preparing for when I do get out of here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions