THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good morning and Happy 4th of July

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning Bill and Rook
Yes it the big Birthday event day. Hope have a great 4th of July.

Well I will put that imaginary #36 notch of sobriety for me today. Such an easy day to remember as everyone seems to cerebrate this day in the States.

So being my anniversary day I'm going to play, as I do every year weather permitting. Don't really know where yet, maybe a field if the hay is cut. A bush site where a church sat, or a bush where there are some cellar holes.
Either way there's going to be a lot of blood suckers looking at me as a meal ticket. The skies are clear, winds calm, hope everyone has the best of the best.
To all in FL I'm hoping for Elsa to do an exit left and it leaves you spared, as you know there's nothing good about these storms.

We haven't heard from Bart-did he get a million$$$ teaser yesterday-or just dog tired-hope it's not the rum overhang.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only cannon balls yesterday.....im not a millionaire :BangHead::BangHead::dontknow:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Mornin all!
Happy Fourth.

P.J.: Congrats on the anniversary. Hard won ,but certainly worth it.

Bart , you're still a rich man...

Hot and humid here.
Toured the carnival Friday. (Always scope out the rides for potential jewelry drops...) Watched folks tykes have fun more than anything.
Had our usual hotdog from a certain vendor. Somehow ice cream followed. Oh wait , it always seems to.

Worked on a couple rifles yesterday. The heat outdoors helps soften cosmoline. And one needed lots removed...Had parts so hot in the sun I had to handle some with a rag.
Success!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bart,

Better canon balls than pulltabs...if you get a chance post up some pics.

Last edited:

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bart...good you got out there..the sea state is 8-10 with occasional 12...not good

Elsa passed by 160nm S of here, so all good...

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good evening everyone.

Had a great weekend! I did get stung by yellow jackets though and discovered I was allergic to them. Oh well.

My friend dragged me to a 4th of July party last night, and I did not like it one bit. WAY too many people, too noisy, I hated it. So I slipped away and walked two miles down the riverbank in the peace and quiet and talked on the phone with Skylar for an hour. I then found out that the fireworks were on the other side of town. I didn't care, I didn't feel like watching them anyway. It's funny though, because the town had a low budget, so they'd send up one firework at a time, once every 15 seconds. :laughing7:

Today I explored an abandoned rail line near Grahn Kentucky and hit the jackpot. Insulators from the 1880s-1900s! I was able to find three of them. The rest were from the 1930s. I also found an old druggist bottle from Cincinnati, and a Beer bottle from Huntington W.Va. All in all, a good day.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G night Crew.

C u n am.

Oh yeah... Happy 4th !

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh, I almost forgot. Teenagers were shooting roman candles directly at me last night. So I did the dumb thing, and charged them. They ran like hell, but I nearly died a thousand deaths after the first fireball went wooshing past my head.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning BC1969 :hello:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Trying to head towards some sort of normal. Will be doing a pub outing this a.m. the first one in over a year.

Naturally will do the mask thing when up and about and will be on the terrace instead of inside, etc....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread