THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Mrs should up with Max in the berry patch.
He came running over to see me- What's that smell?
Cherry tomatoes-chomp chomp
We were both 🤣
Then we walked over to the raspberries and sure enough-chomp chomp - didn't have to bend for those treats.
Max! Stop that!
Ok - Good boy
Hey look at him dear-Max get out of the strawberries-chomp chomp.
Ok buddy on the leash you go.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the prices on beef lately thinking a lot of deer will be" its whats for dinner" this year:)
Hi. Please watch for the Brain disease the deer have now..some years ago the big game farms that produced big antler deer to save money on feed would cut up dead deer and mix it in with the feed that is what I heard..A big storm arrived and knocked down a fence and some sick deer got out before anyone knew,,The problem is now spreading across the country and locally a person close by reported four dead deer in their yard..please be careful I think it’s called CWD

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Small question.....there used to be a button at the bottom that took you back up to the top of the screen. Instead of having to scroll all the way back up. Gone?

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi. Please watch for the Brain disease the deer have now..some years ago the big game farms that produced big antler deer to save money on feed would cut up dead deer and mix it in with the feed that is what I heard..A big storm arrived and knocked down a fence and some sick deer got out before anyone knew,,The problem is now spreading across the country and locally a person close by reported four dead deer in their yard..please be careful I think it’s called CWD
Hi, Billb. Here’s a link for CWD. I never knew. Thank you for telling us.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Small question.....there used to be a button at the bottom that took you back up to the top of the screen. Instead of having to scroll all the way back up. Gone?
On my phone, there is a box with an arrow that pops up and it takes me to the top. I am not sure about laptop or computer.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Bill,I know.Its been a problem for some years now...So far, not in my hunting areas,...Soon, the testing will be free
>> https://dwr.virginia.gov/wildlife/d...-harvested-outside-a-disease-management-area/

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Big congrats on your generac job dave !! Hope all is going well for your family and that little fur ball ya got !!
Thanks very much Bart, it is going well. :thumbsup:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats. And good to see you popped in.

We had a 14KW Generac installed a couple weeks ago.
Pricy install.
No more frogging around an hour or two every power outage getting the generator and cords set up!
Thanks for buying a Generac product RC, at least now you can be rest assured that you'll never lose power again! :hello2:
Dave

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning everyone... another Saturday, another weekend of chores. :laughing7:
Planning to get out to a c1925 school site (closed in 2013) tomorrow morning.

BLACKSTOCK -- A piece of the Blackstock community’s history came crashing down last week (2013). A half-dozen or so portables that surrounded the now shuttered Cartwright High School were demolished by a wrecking crew, with the remnants of the quarter-century-old structures scooped up and trucked away. Still standing, however, is the small secondary school that first swung open its doors in 1925. The community must come to grips with it and this demolition will take more time to heal. I’m not going to be pushing for fast action on this sale.

The bulk of local school trustees voted last year to close the school and class bells rang for the final time in June 2013. The razing of the portables, explained Trustee Morton, is part of the process in the school board’s bid to sell the old building.

Hope you all have a great weekend! :icon_thumright:
Dave

Attachments

• blackstock.hs.jpg
    blackstock.hs.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 23
  • CARTWRIGHT-HIGH-SCHOOL01.jpg
    CARTWRIGHT-HIGH-SCHOOL01.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 27
  • CARTWRIGHT-HIGH-SCHOOL02.jpg
    CARTWRIGHT-HIGH-SCHOOL02.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 27