THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might be fun to here music and watch the weigh in with a beer !!:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:
LOL I can do that from home . Also a bigger tournament in 2 weeks with grand prize of 135K.And probably a new boat/truck combo .Tickets are sold out.These things draw hundreds of boats.Its more like Grand Central Station at rush hour.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice dave....looks like a great opportunity !!
Thanks Bart, I'll let you guys know if I find anything, although I'm sure it's going to be very trashy. :laughing7:

Puppy pic update... she just turned 1-year old and always wants to play.

Attachments

• 20211001_151859.jpg
    20211001_151859.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 20211001_152157.jpg
    20211001_152157.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 23

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Bart, I'll let you guys know if I find anything, although I'm sure it's going to be very trashy. :laughing7:

Puppy pic update... she just turned 1-year old and always wants to play.
That dog is A football fan.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dave, Good luck on the old school yard outing. I have one nearby from that era which gave up lots of goodies. As you say though very trashy it just takes patience.
Thanks very much Bill... yes, these old schools sites can be rewarding, but as you mentioned patience will be key here. I haven't detected a site like this in years and I'm sure it's been detected before, so I'll be grateful for anything worth keeping. I'm debating whether I should use discrimination here or not, when I detect farm fields I use no discrim.

If this site doesn't pan out there's always the old Armoury/village fair site just up the road. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Blackstock Armouries.jpg
    Blackstock Armouries.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 26

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, Billb. Here’s a link for CWD. I never knew. Thank you for telling us.

WD. Hi
Thanks Bill,I know.Its been a problem for some years now...So far, not in my hunting areas,...Soon, the testing will be free
>> https://dwr.virginia.gov/wildlife/d...-harvested-outside-a-disease-management-area/
Hi it’s been spreading across the country for awhile now.Up here now people are finding dead deer mostly by water and a person close by just found four dead deer in her yard..We have deer in the yard every day but not as many lately ..supposedly it started by game farms feeding dead deer to the trophy deer I heard..also the stripers are getting a disease where they get spots on their skin and if you catch one and have a open wound you can also get it.They say it’s caused by the warm waters where they spend their winters and by over populations..
Please stay safe it’s a tough world be live in now

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Arrrr! ‘Bout time ye scurvy dogs got on board! I was just hanging out in the rum room waiting, er, um, no no no, I got bored and fell back asleep. I was not drinking ARC’s rum. No siree ! Fell asleep, yep that’s what I did.

Great to see some new blood and old blood back on de ship!

Antiquarian, I am glad generac finally hired you! Oakley is so cute!

I have been trying to use full screen names. I was looking at my profile and preferences and as I understand it, if someone posts your name somewhere, you will get a notification. Has anyone noticed that working? Neat feature if it does work.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, Billb. Here’s a link for CWD. I never knew. Thank you for telling us.

Hi and also the striper bass population has a disease where spots appears on their skin and if you catch one and have a open wound you might also be affected..I heard it’s caused by their over population in the warm waters where they winter.Up here I used to enjoy catching 20-30 pound plus
Stripers in the spring when they arrive but now due to all the problems you are only allowed to keep one small fish per day and the larger fish have to be returned .One early morning I was using live herring for bait and my new $200 rod and reel that I purchased the night before flew so so fast thru the air and when it hit the water the eyes in the rod we’re making air bubbles..I waited for low tide but never saw them again..Stay safe and hope your next outings are Rewarding

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
How many famous people to you recognize in this photo?

View attachment 1982926

From left to right (front row): Martha Raye, Dana Andrews, Elizabeth Taylor, Frances Dee, Joel McCrea, Harry Dean Stanton, Harrison Ford, Jennifer Beals, Marlee Matlin, Danny de Vito. (Second row) Olivia de Havilland, Kevin Costner, Cornel Wilde, Don Ameche, Deforest Kelley, Tom Cruise, Charlton Heston, Penny Marshall, Bob Hope, Victor Mature, Elizabeth McGovern, Robert de Niro. (Third row) Andrew McCarthy, Henry Winkler, Anthony Perkins, Robert Stack, Mark Harmon, Faye Dunaway, Buddy Rogers, Gregory Peck, Debra Winger, Timothy Hutton. (Fourth row) Jane Russell, Mike Connors, John Travolta, Janet Leigh, Charles Bronson, Ted Danson, Lou Gossett Jnr, Ryan O?Neal, Rhonda Fleming, Leonard Nimoy. (Fifth row) William Shatner, Peter Graves, Molly Ringwald, Dorothy Lamour, Olivia Newton-John, Cindy Williams, Matthew Broderick, Gene Hackman, Walter Matthau, Robin Williams. (Back row) Ali MacGraw, Burt Lancaster, Scott Baio, Rhea Perlman, Bruce Dern, James Caan, Glenn Ford, Fred MacMurray, Shelley Long, James Stewart.

Now being 34 yrs later-how many are now R.I.P ?

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill
Just like in the supermarket IF it don't look good,don't buy it.Lot of 'old timers' here at the lake have eaten stripers(out of this lake) for 50 years now, and their still kicking:)
Yes indeed I really enjoy striper fishing they are so so powerful to be able to swim so many miles every year

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Talking about fishing...Is this really "Fishing" ?... Some of these "Pro-Touring" Bass guys come to the lake 2 days before the tournament and scout the shorelines for active beds with the biggest Bass.Then they GPS their locations and return during the tournament to catch em.:icon_scratch:

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes indeed I really enjoy striper fishing they are so so powerful to be able to swim so many miles every year
Yes when big money prizes are around people do what ever they can do to get a edge..I would love to fish for big stripers down your way

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread