THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Yeah
I took to the Kawasaki dealer near me and had all fluids changed after 120 miles. The dealer told me and even Kawasaki admits they put junk fluids in new units. The dealer told me under mild conditions the oil should be changed at 1200 miles. We have really enjoyed this side by side. Fall riding is just ahead. We hope you enjoy yours as much as we have ours. As a side note the previous owner had installed turn signals and a horn which make it street legal. The tag would be about $120 bucks but I don’t think I’m gonna get one now because we just ride in the neighborhood plus the laws are purdy lax here.

Last edited:

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The M249 was coax mounted to the main gun on the tank....was one of the best weapons ever developed!
Kinda miss being back in the US....making own sausages, smoked, salmon, walking the beach for oysters...Dungeness Crab and mushrooms...
At least we have the Bluefin here, bought one fresh last night from a cooler in the bar parking lot...

Funny, for being in the Caribbean, there is not a lot of fish! Nothing in markets...and no local fish markets, not even on the docks...

There is, however, and entire aisle, both side, devoted to Spam????

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yeah
I took to the Kawasaki dealer near me and had all fluids changed after 120 miles. The dealer told me and even Kawasaki admits they put junk fluids in new units. The dealer told me under mild conditions the oil should be changed at 1200 miles. We have really enjoyed this side by side. Fall riding is just ahead. We hope you enjoy yours as much as we have ours. As a side note the previous owner had installed turn signals and a horn which make it street legal. The tag would be about $120 bucks but I don’t think I’m gonna get one now because we just ride in the neighborhood plus the laws are purdy lax here.
We'll get it fully licensed and insured.
Though it pretty dear for that, but fully legal to drive on the streets.
It will take awhile, but it would be great at some detecting sites.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Last week I drove past one of my permissions that recently had the bean stalks disked, so I called the farmer to ask if it would be ok if I detect it this Sunday past (which I always do as a courtesy). Well, when he called me back he told me that, “he recently had a report from a neighbor of some 10 – 15 Asian gentlemen from the city were flying kites and trespassing on one of his other fields”, which I’ve detected for a number of years. He proceeded to tell me, “a friend had told him, that if one of those people had gotten hurt while trespassing, that they may very well have been able to sue him for damages.” He then told me that, “he didn’t have insurance to protect himself if that ever happened, so he’s now decided that I cannot detect his properties anymore.” Needless to say, I was extremely upset all of last weekend, mainly because I’d just lost my permission to 10 – 12 sites that I’ve detected for years. All because of a few inconsiderate assholes from the city who have no respect for private property!

If anything, this experience will now inspire me to get some new permissions in my area. So last night I called the owner of another farm property which I last detected in June and he told me that I was welcome to come by on Sunday morning.

On a lighter note, I absolutely love this song by Larry Fleet…

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread