THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Draw up a legal document releasing him of all liability if something happens then visit him or call him and see if he would reconsider with signed legal document releasing him of liability.
I called my insurance agent and it seems that there isn't a common policy that would cover me going on a property.
They suggested that a simple waiver agreement that I could download off the internet would work.
It would make the landowner feel more comfortable in knowing that it wouldn't put them in a liability position.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now I'm starting to get excited.....wrapping up the last minute stuff so we can leave in a few hours !! Got to rig my surf casting rod !! Im a opertunist and if I see bait schools and fish busting ill drop the metaldetector and fish !!

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just did the conversions and exchange.
$4.34 - regular
$4.61 - mid grade
$4.87 - premium
$4.15 - diesel
So you're not getting it without a kiss.
YIKES ! That aint good. No ethanol 90 at the marina is under $4.00 here

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I called my insurance agent and it seems that there isn't a common policy that would cover me going on a property.
They suggested that a simple waiver agreement that I could download off the internet would work.
It would make the landowner feel more comfortable in knowing that it wouldn't put them in a liability position.

Exactly....I have a pre-written (ie fill in the blank) Hold Harmless-Release of Liability document that my lawyer wrote up...
it basically states that I am on the property at my own risk, and the landowner/homeowner is not responsible if I hurt myself while on their property.
It includes a photcopy of my current health insurance card.

This has opened many doors and properties...especially when I see a property ready for demolition, and I want to salvage it.

Please keep in mind that the liability laws greatly vary from State to State or Country...(ie if its California, forgetta bout it)

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish there was a Dark Mode for the new format...all this white is pretty bright for reading at night...
I have already posted thread with request for alternative "skin" that has a darker back ground, no guarantee it can be done but request is there... Will update when I know more.

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, ours is up $3.09 :(!

In USVI,
Reg Unlead is $4.18
premium is $4.68

Quart...a quart of no name milk, oopps sorry, the famous Creme O Land brand milk is $5.99 (and you get the added extra of it expires in 5 days!)
fodZfbd.jpg

there is no inflation
there is no inflation

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In USVI,
Reg Unlead is $4.18
premium is $4.68

Quart...a quart of no name milk, oopps sorry, the famous Creme O Land brand milk is $5.99 (and you get the added extra of it expires in 5 days!)
fodZfbd.jpg

there is no inflation
there is no inflation
Brand Great Value (GV) Milk is $2.09 a half gallon here.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last week I drove past one of my permissions that recently had the bean stalks disked, so I called the farmer to ask if it would be ok if I detect it this Sunday past (which I always do as a courtesy). Well, when he called me back he told me that, “he recently had a report from a neighbor of some 10 – 15 Asian gentlemen from the city were flying kites and trespassing on one of his other fields”, which I’ve detected for a number of years. He proceeded to tell me, “a friend had told him, that if one of those people had gotten hurt while trespassing, that they may very well have been able to sue him for damages.” He then told me that, “he didn’t have insurance to protect himself if that ever happened, so he’s now decided that I cannot detect his properties anymore.” Needless to say, I was extremely upset all of last weekend, mainly because I’d just lost my permission to 10 – 12 sites that I’ve detected for years. All because of a few inconsiderate assholes from the city who have no respect for private property!

If anything, this experience will now inspire me to get some new permissions in my area. So last night I called the owner of another farm property which I last detected in June and he told me that I was welcome to come by on Sunday morning.

I've always found its best not to hold onto *anything* too tightly. It just hurt more when God pried open my fingers.

I figure its HIS way of getting me to move on.

But, you could try something I've done before. When confronted with this argument, I offered the owner a written document stating that I will not hold them responsible for *any* injuries that happen to me whilst on their land. Its worked for me. No need for insurance in my case.

Good luck with your new place!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread