THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I normally wouldn’t be up quite this early but I smelt cooking and got up to find my wife cooking breakfast at 3am. We don’t eat breakfast at 3am. She was cooking in her sleep..she had 3 coffee cups out. There’s just us two. She had grits in boilers. 3 of them. I guess Sadie was going to join us or something.. I finally got everything turned off before she burned the house down and told her to get her ass in the bed. She finally listened to me. All is well at the rook-a-re. Good nite and morning to all.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've always found its best not to hold onto *anything* too tightly. It just hurt more when God pried open my fingers.

I figure its HIS way of getting me to move on.

But, you could try something I've done before. When confronted with this argument, I offered the owner a written document stating that I will not hold them responsible for *any* injuries that happen to me whilst on their land. Its worked for me. No need for insurance in my case.

Good luck with your new place!
Great advice Whadi, I do have a document that covers this very issue. :thumbsup: I might just have contact the farmer to see if this would be acceptable to him.

Thanks very much for your advice,
Dave

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I normally wouldn’t be up quite this early but I smelt cooking and got up to find my wife cooking breakfast at 3am. We don’t eat breakfast at 3am. She was cooking in her sleep..she had 3 coffee cups out. There’s just us two. She had grits in boilers. 3 of them. I guess Sadie was going to join us or something.. I finally got everything turned off before she burned the house down and told her to get her ass in the bed. She finally listened to me. All is well at the rook-a-re. Good nite and morning to all.
That's kinda scary rook... how was the breakfast anyway? :laughing7:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Draw up a legal document releasing him of all liability if something happens then visit him or call him and see if he would reconsider with signed legal document releasing him of liability.
Thanks for the advice T_H, I just might have to do that. :icon_scratch:
Dave

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I called my insurance agent and it seems that there isn't a common policy that would cover me going on a property.
They suggested that a simple waiver agreement that I could download off the internet would work.
It would make the landowner feel more comfortable in knowing that it wouldn't put them in a liability position.
Thanks Jim, I might research that this morning. :thumbsup:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Exactly....I have a pre-written (ie fill in the blank) Hold Harmless-Release of Liability document that my lawyer wrote up...
it basically states that I am on the property at my own risk, and the landowner/homeowner is not responsible if I hurt myself while on their property.
It includes a photcopy of my current health insurance card.

This has opened many doors and properties...especially when I see a property ready for demolition, and I want to salvage it.

Please keep in mind that the liability laws greatly vary from State to State or Country...(ie if its California, forgetta bout it)
Thanks for your post and for the advice xaos. :icon_thumright:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
B.O.A.T.
Bring out another thousand :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:
Thats what they say but I've been lucky so far(knock on wood).We've owned 5 power boats over the decades and haven't taken a bath on any of them when it came time to sell :)...... Unlike brand new CARS :(
Boats,....you take care of them,give them what they need,don't abuse them,they'll hold their value pretty well.
These 2 were excellent boats ! Used them here at the lake almost Every day(for 8 years) & sold them for just about what I paid for them. ...... 4 were Merc. outboards and one Honda outboard......
Biggest problem(back in the 80s) was a starter problem with our 20 Ft. Cobia bow-rider w/150 Merc.' Black Max.' outboard.But we finally got it started w/the pull-rope....Ever pull-start a 150? :BangHead:
>>Cobia (today's version of the same boat)>> https://www.cobiaboats.com/2022-cobia-201-cc/
319.JPG
328.JPG

Loved the Pro Craft so much couldn't resist buying another :)
002.JPG

Last edited:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just wanted to thank everyone for their support with regard to my losing permission to detect at least a half dozen sites. I have taken your advice and had drawn up a document from a template I'd downloaded years ago.

I'll post a copy of it below... please let me know what you all think. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Permission to Detect_Liability Release Form.PNG
    Permission to Detect_Liability Release Form.PNG
    35.4 KB · Views: 31
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just wanted to thank everyone for their support with regard to my losing permission to detect at least a half dozen sites. I have taken your advice and had drawn up a document from a template I'd downloaded years ago.

I'll post a copy of it below... please let me know what you all think. :thumbsup:
No problem... ask me anytime :P

:)

I have nothing to add.... twas all said.

I personally have not had the insurance issue ever surface... but when and if it does i have a little insight now myself.

Usually its been a simple yes or no... and very rarely no.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No problem... ask me anytime :P

:)

I have nothing to add.... twas all said.

I personally have not had the insurance issue ever surface... but when and if it does i have a little insight now myself.

Usually its been a simple yes or no... and very rarely no.
Thanks ARC... it's such a shame that this is what detecting on private property in Canada has come to. :sadsmiley:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow...sounds like my sister !! She walked in my room and went to the closet.....she opened the closet door and pulled her pants down and peed all over my shoes !! She was sound asleep !! She was a heavy sleep walker....but only for a handful of years when she was younger !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions