THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Nope. Just rain. Supposed to get lots of it, which is cool by me. That's when the bottles wash out.

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost 5000 people have died in USA from flu virus this season, one from coronavirus so dont give into hysteria.

Here's the funny thing about mathematics,.........

It doesn't have an opinion, it doesn't choose one side or the other,.... it just states the facts,.....

"But",... when you bring it to the table,... you have to bring "all of it",.... not just part of it.

So here is the score,..... the number of fatalities from the common flu,.......

49,000 to 61,000 people,...here is the rest of that formula, Millions upon Millions got it

It's called "odds" ladies and gentlemen,..... odds.

Last check,.... 88,000 have tested positive for corona,.... 13,000 dead.

Odds ladies and gentlemen, ratio, percent of,..... it's called math,... give it a look see.

Now, let me see,.......

State of Washington now claims infected have gone unchecked,.... for six weeks,....

Florida just declared a state of emergency

New York has people falling ill with corona,.......

And California, with all it's flights to,... and people from, china,... was among the first.

Washington, upper left, Florida, lower right, California, lower left, New York, upper right.

For those of you just joining us,..... that's all four corners.

Some more for those of you not big on math,.....

Experts at the CDC announced that corona is, "3 to 6 times more transferable"

And,.... wait for it,......and far more lethal.

How is it more lethal?...........

1) The comparatively long incubation period

2) It mutates so dam fast,... it just keeps changing,......
constructing vaccine for it is like trying to hit a moving target,.... in the dark.

"This is the RCT,.... where the smart people hang out"

Show up with your best game,.... or don't show up at all.

All good captain?

Where do I put the ping pong paddle?

I just spanked someone,.....

LOL

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning you bunch of rum soaked crew mates,......

Isn't it a lovely day?

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who wants to talk about the 1918 flu?

What?

Ok, I'll just talk to my self.

Now there's a flu that stayed in the headlines for a while,......

Tends to happen when 20 year olds are falling down dead in the streets.

Killed by the virus?

No,..... pneumonia.

My mom would likely call it,.... "Walking Pneumonia".

Not all forms of the flu are the same, not by a long shot,.....

The 1918 flu

The Spanish flu pandemic of 1918, the deadliest in history, infected an estimated 500 million people worldwide—about one-third of the planet’s population—and killed an estimated 20 million to 50 million victims, including some 675,000 Americans. The 1918 flu was first observed in Europe, the United States and parts of Asia before swiftly spreading around the world. At the time, there were no effective drugs or vaccines to treat this killer flu strain.

Dam math again,......

ok,.... 500 million people infected,.... likely closer to 50 million dead,.....

ok, pretty close and about,..... 10%

Oh, by the way,... we still don't have a vaccine for that flu either.

Oh, and some a-holes dug up some old graves, extracted the 1918 flu virus,....
and have been poking at it for a number of years now.

Kinda gives you a warm fuzzy feeling,..........

Actually gives me a knot in my stomach to be honest.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Influenza makes coronavirus look like an amateur so far.

It is a beautiful day here.
Breaking the freezing mark ,again!

Second day of hearing Canadian geese. They know it will keep getting above freezing in the short term.
Still a couple inches of ice on the North eve of the house. With snow covering it and the roof.
A slow thaw is better than all at once , but we're not in charge of that.
This is a good thaw train though.

Maple sap is being gathered. Not by me....
After the mud drys a bit after the thaw/snow pack melt I'll stop by a friends and see if he is still making syrup.
Might be a shorter season this spring if the temps stay up. Sap gets a greenish taste when buds get developing after a certain point.

Plenty of snow on shaded North areas. I'll have areas of it for quite a while.
But ,this sunshine and warmer air is...Well ,it's Springish.
:hello2:

Thinking of taking the snowplow off the old truck today. Not sure if that will jinx the weather trend though...

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good afternoon everyone. Made a raid into Ohio early this morning. Folks drive like idiots.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Daniel 12:4 "But you, Daniel, shut up the words and seal the book, until the time of the end. Many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.” Take a look around...

Matthew 24:6-7 "And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom..." WWI - WWII

Zechariah 14:12 "And this shall be the plague with which the Lord will strike all the peoples that wage war against Jerusalem: their flesh will rot while they are still standing on their feet, their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths." Nuclear War. Just think about it. Millions of degrees, would take everything off of your skeleton before it would touch the ground.

Luke 21:11 "There will be great earthquakes, and in various places famines and pestilences. And there will be terrors and great signs from heaven." San Francisco 1906 and many others, Ethiopia, Venezuela, Africa, 1918 flu, Ebola, Corona...

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know what goes good with corona virus....lime disease.

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread