The rare craptastic day

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It started out feelin pretty good too.

I was on my way to the post office to send Delnorter his EZ pan and going to the county to look at files so I can map out an open in an area with a few claims to help a client prospect. Hopefully have it end up being a good spot for her and her boyfriend to locate a claim.

I had just left my neighborhood and right up the road I pass a Tweetie Bird yellow Nissan frontier 4x4. There aren't too many Stupid yellow trucks where I'm at for me however there is a very specific yellow truck around here.

It belongs to a fellow named Doug or Ray Rinzonni (he goes by both). He owns a company called mORE mining out of Georgetown. He was a dealer for him for a while selling a few of the things he makes. That rolling sluice and sniper/viewer tubes.

I met him when I opened my store he is mainly a nuggethunter. we had several conversations He knew I had claims and where.
Well,last year I moved my store across the highway and had to remodel and open by may I started my new lease in mid March was still working on the creek four days a week. But, Starting April I was remodeling a whole suite, moving, dealing with my daughters softball practices etc.

I had still been hitting the claim two days a week I hadn't swapped out my memory cards in my camera for a few weeks. One day on my way out theres this yellow truck parked near the start of the road. I'm in my heart hoping it isn't Dougray Knowing it is.

I actually had a printed picture map I made of the BLM land and claims on it Our two and the one next to us.I put it under his windshield wiper, headed home. Went to softball practice. Came home checked out my camera videos and images and theres Ray on three different days for eight plus hours each walking out in the dark even.

He uses a minelab sdc whatever the hell folding one that is. There he is on video with it and the same white dog that shows up in his youtube videos.

WTF??

Next day I go down to the claim and where he had been parked he crumpled the map and threw it on the ground. But, not before writing F.U. on the back of it with a sharpie.

FOR REAL

So, I go work for the day. When I get home I call his partner who I also know. He's a geologist. Told him to tell ray he has two days to figure out what he has to say to me before I call the sheriff.

Two days later I call the Sheriff. file the report they go by his house twice. The first time the wife even says.. "oh, your probably here because of Jarrod"

When the deputy finaly runs into him he plays stupid" oh, I saw the yellow signs but, I just had eye surgery"

"if he wants to tell me what is open i'll make sure to only go there"

So, basically nothing was done except he was admonished not to return.

Fast forward back to today. I see him turn around follow hanging back. I had a different vehicle when we met.So, I figure he won't even know it's me.

He didn't see me turn around. So I'm behind him he makes the turn into my neighborhood. Our claims are in a BLM area surrounded by private land. You have to be with a homeowner as a guest to use our common areas our road is private.

We did make eye contact as we passed and a little ways into our hood I figured he may know it was me following him.

Right near the road to our trail is a lake and park. He pulls in there I see him eyeing me in his side mirror I go up the road park for a few minutes and ponder my next step.

Go back to the park and pull in. get out walk over and tell him he's got a lot of nerve. Top get the hell out of my neighborhood. Remind him what a P.O.S. he is he starts getting all defensive and talking about claim markers etc.

Then he tells me how he heard that I got my claim by tricking a club and taking it after they took me there...totally weird and untrue.

When I found him out in the spring I tracked where he had gone on our claims the neighbors and onto the large parcels adjacent to the blm land.

So, I told him what a P.O.S. he was for highgrading and trespassing.

He had some guy with him this time so, I reminded him that he was cruising around with a thief.

I had already called the sheriff right in front of him gave his vehicle and Liscense plate. But, they take forever to show up.

So, the more he tried to claim he could stay and that I was the jerk somehow, the more I tried to verbally get him to allow me to self defend my self all over his stupid face.

Of course he is a stupid coward and left. Now, I have to file another report running into the deputy can take a day or two.

I did wait for a bit where I parked but, I had other things I needed to do.

When I get to the county Recorder. I found out for sure that the new recording tax in Ca. does count for mining claims.

So every mining claim document that has to be recorded now has a $75 dollar tax per document. MINIMUM.

Location notice. Proof of labor. notice of intent to hold.

That $150 bucks added to the cost of filing a new claim. the first year. $75 at time of location recording and $75 when you file the Notice of intent to hold the first time you use the SMW.

And $75 added to annual paperwork. It was less than $50 before total. El Do county is $18 first page $3 for each additional.

Like I said CRAPTASTIC!!!

Upvote 0

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
WOW.... Just kick his ass and be done with it.

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Seems you have been having problems with highgrading for sometime.. Also seems that catching them on camera and the sheriffs don't really matter.. What does it take for you to press charges? Or are the cops talking you out of it?
What more proof is required that a crime is bein committed? Metal detector in hand and individual caught on cam prospecting on your claim is not enough for legal action?

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems you have been having problems with highgrading for sometime.. Also seems that catching them on camera and the sheriffs don't really matter.. What does it take for you to press charges? Or are the cops talking you out of it?
What more proof is required that a crime is bein committed? Metal detector in hand and individual caught on cam prospecting on your claim is not enough for legal action?
No man I tried the deputy took my video and picture evidence. Looked at proof I had the claim and went to his a house a few times until he ran into him.

Said even if they go out and he's on the claim they don't have a reason to search him unless I have video of him digging.

and if he did have a nugget he could say it was a test nugget or lucky nugget.

I tried to find a more claim specific law since its federal land but, couldn't find one.

He said after the warning "admonishment" he would be stupid not to come back.

I could go to civil court but, don't have an amount to claim he stole. He did text pictures of gold he found and even told his geologist partner he was down in "my area"

When I talked to the deputy he knew of at least one person in Georgetown reporting the same truck as being where it shouldn't.

If the case doesn't go my way I'm on the hook for his legal fees. It's backwards as hell but, when I'm in the right I'm stubborn as hell.

With more proof and evidence that he does it often the DA may make their own charges. But in California I doubt it.

I'll file another report and have them tell him to not even enter our neighborhood.

I'll be working the claim the next few days. It's the time of year where I'm there at least four days a week.

I'm pretty sure that's why he went when he did in the spring he knew I was busy and not on the claim.

Glad I have cameras.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW.... Just kick his ass and be done with it.

I would wreck the guy. He's about sixty and a foot shorter than me and a total puss.

I can't get an assault charge I'm in Cali. Four kids responsibilities plus they will take my gun rights and ability to have a ccw.

Like said I tried to get him to grow a pair so I would have to "defend myself" to no avail.

It is my preferred outcome but, he wants to play a more cowardly game.

When he told me I "took" the claim from a club I did get a little bent and he decided he was gonna move a little farther away from me.

I'd throw his scrawny butt in the lake for good measure after I knocked him around.

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, your right. The satisfaction wouldn't be worth losses you would end up suffering.

Bodfish Mike

Dec 12, 2014
Bodfish and Marin county CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
Primary Interest:
Other
Next time you see his yellow Nissan parked near your claim I would check the air pressure in his tires to make sure they are correct.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's messed up. I know a couple guys here in Colorado that have had issues and it's a real pain to deal with in a legal sort of way.

Do you think you could get him to go out shooting with you?
I mean how were you supposed to know there was one in the chamber. Happens everyday.....

Last edited:

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have heard that paint stripper in a super soaker water toy can make a mess of bright yellow paint, its unfortunate when you come back to your truck and its paint is running, or so I have heard.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Freeze a couple cans of barbasol, cut the frozen chunks out of the can and slip them through his window. They warm up and magic happens. Or dead fish under the seat is good too if it's unlocked.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well... At least you didn't see your claims overfiled and for sale on eBay with your map as the guide :evil6:
You could post his claims or housing maps for gpaa use and never have to set foot there yourself. Basically, what comes around, goes around, you know. Not everyone you meet in the woods is as nice and polite as you Jarrod. :evil6:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well... At least you didn't see your claims overfiled and for sale on eBay with your map as the guide :evil6:
You could post his claims or housing maps for gpaa use and never have to set foot there yourself. Basically, what comes around, goes around, you know. Not everyone you meet in the woods is as nice and polite as you Jarrod. :evil6:

Well, you should have heard me this morning. I tried to get him riled up

Four kids local Biz owner member of chamber of commerce.

I have to be smart and not let my desire to pound him get the best of me.

I won't be letting it go .

I have made friends with many property owners since I moved here. I'm trusted.

Guys like him don't make the friends I make and keep.

I don't have to trespass I get invites.

He is messing with the wrong guy. I did not think he would be back after what happened in the spring.

As far as the situation on the claim it's been quiet I have several cameras and other than my partners and I there have only been a few hunters.

Granted it just shows me who is coming and going if they are. If the S.O. isn't gonna put in more effort.

A guy I used to run kitchens with his older brother is my areas night patrol deputy. Our sons are the same age and were cub scouts together.

I'm gonna get in touch with him.

He his brother and dad are all into prospecting. I'm gonna see what he has to say.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next time you see his yellow Nissan parked near your claim I would check the air pressure in his tires to make sure they are correct.

I have a valve stem tool in my glove box. I named it Ray Ray.

My mistake today was coming back to the parking area so quick. I should have waited for him to drive down to the claim.

I hadn't seen him in person since I called the sheriff last time. I got impatient and wanted to look him in the eye and call him out.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have heard that paint stripper in a super soaker water toy can make a mess of bright yellow paint, its unfortunate when you come back to your truck and its paint is running, or so I have heard.

Brother, I grew up in a Socal ghetto. Vengeance, mischief and creative shenanigans were the norm.

I'm super frustrated that I can't do what should be done.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe you could make up flyers asking if anyone knows this guy with a photo off the trail cam.
put up a bunch all over, maybe he will get a clue, and might prompt people to watch for other mineral trespassers.
something like this;
Claim Jumper Caught on Film on Briggs Creek, Josephine County

+1
Post your flyers on the trails to your claim where he can see himself on the flyer also and post them around his neighborhood for effect...
And, can you file a restraining order on him for being a peeping tom? He's on your land, probably been looking at your kids... You have pics of him already, so start posting them. Then if he trespasses again with the restraining order, at least another warning from the Sheriff will take place. Get as many people involved as possible.

Last edited:

Rail Dawg

Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Out at Rye Patch I recently watched a large group of Minelab users high-grade land owned by Newmont Mining.

Newmont has said they never grant permission and that high-grading is considered theft.

Found the group on the Detector Prospector forum and called them out on it.

They were using excuses that if the land/claims aren’t clearly marked they could high-grade.

That excuse is simply not true.

High-grading is stealing pure and simple.

We go to our claims in Rye Patch on a regular basis and have zero tolerance for high-graders.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
+1
Post your flyers on the trails to your claim where he can see himself on the flyer also and post them around his neighborhood for effect...
And, can you file a restraining order on him for being a peeping tom? He's on your land, probably been looking at your kids... You have pics of him already, so start posting them. Then if he trespasses again with the restraining order, at least another warning from the Sheriff will take place. Get as many people involved as possible.

Like I said messin with the wrong guy. We have a local crime watch page and a whats happening page on facebook. His wife sells stuff at the local farmers market.
I will be posting pics and a vague story. But, too many details can be a negative for me.

I don't really like to advertise locally where the claims are so its a fine line.

I will be making sure that the Sheriff stays on his a$$

Garrote Gold

May 25, 2017
southern mines area mother load
Detector(s) used
AT gold,
Bazooka,
any gold pan will do
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stop playing the Sherrif game and make a citizens arrest and force him into court. I've done it and it works. Next time you call tell the deputy to get out here and sign off on the citizens arrest and wait however long it takes to get it signed and delivered. That's will get you leverage to get restraining order and more. Why bother with civil when you have the power to drag his butt in front of a judge?!?
He will never do that again once your vigilance is served

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread