• safe.jpg
    safe.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 543
Upvote 0

PhilBarnett

Oct 6, 2012
Englewood
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Fisher Gold Bug, Garretts ACE-350 and Garrett's pinpointer pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like all the safes. I could have a ball playing in any of thoses!

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_scratch: I don't know about better, do you have backups for your backup guns? Storage for the neighborhood?

Exactly! I only have 2 hands, I need help!!!!!!!!

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TimZim, I know we have had our disagreements, but all this crap you're posting online... you're just making yourself a target for a burglary/robbery/invasion. I may not like you personally, but that doesn't mean I want to see you cleaned out by armed robbers. You're doing a very, very good job of putting a bulls eye on your back.

Just some friendly advice, I hope you heed it.

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TimZim, I know we have had our disagreements, but all this crap you're posting online... you're just making yourself a target for a burglary/robbery/invasion. I may not like you personally, but that doesn't mean I want to see you cleaned out by armed robbers. You're doing a very, very good job of putting a bulls eye on your back.

Kinda have to agree somewhat. We have never had a problem but I just don't know about those pics. No offense meant Tim. It's for your sake.

PhilBarnett

Oct 6, 2012
Englewood
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Fisher Gold Bug, Garretts ACE-350 and Garrett's pinpointer pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I would have to agree with that. There is a lot of lot in them safes. That could be pretty tempting to some one these days. I would be careful about posting all of that.

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have to agree with that. There is a lot of lot in them safes. That could be pretty tempting to some one these days. I would be careful about posting all of that.
The worst part is we know the safes are unsecured (not bolted to a foundation), we know they're not in an occupied building, we know exactly where they're located, we know the type of safes, maybe even model numbers, we know approximately how much distance we have between the safes and the home/street, and given other information, it shouldn't be very hard at all to track down an address on him. I mean, heck, even the most basic of robbers could grasp that he goes to banks every week to pick up coin, so they could just case the bank in the general area of where he lives, wait to see some guy walking out with boxes of halves, and follow that guy home. Unfortunately, it's not even THAT difficult to get an address on him. For most professional robbers, TZ is a sitting duck and easy money.

Even if he's armed, people will kill for far less than the ~$30k (if what he says is to be believed) in silver in that safe. It's not even like they're collectable coins either, just junk silver... bag it, take it to a major show, break it into $200 face lots, sell it for cash, be done with it. Pretty much untraceable once it leaves the owners possession. I've ranted on long enough here, my point is simple; Tim, if you don't change your current course of behavior, it's not a matter of if you'll be robbed, it's a matter of when.

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The worst part is we know the safes are unsecured (not bolted to a foundation), we know they're not in an occupied building, we know exactly where they're located, we know the type of safes, maybe even model numbers, we know approximately how much distance we have between the safes and the home/street, and given other information, it shouldn't be very hard at all to track down an address on him. I mean, heck, even the most basic of robbers could grasp that he goes to banks every week to pick up coin, so they could just case the bank in the general area of where he lives, wait to see some guy walking out with boxes of halves, and follow that guy home. Unfortunately, it's not even THAT difficult to get an address on him. For most professional robbers, TZ is a sitting duck and easy money.

Even if he's armed, people will kill for far less than the ~$30k (if what he says is to be believed) in silver in that safe. It's not even like they're collectable coins either, just junk silver... bag it, take it to a major show, break it into $200 face lots, sell it for cash, be done with it. Pretty much untraceable once it leaves the owners possession. I've ranted on long enough here, my point is simple; Tim, if you don't change your current course of behavior, it's not a matter of if you'll be robbed, it's a matter of when.
Most of what your saying is right ?? Bring it on. I never tell all. Nothing easy about me trust me about that.This safe has two locks me and someone else have to open with combo and key. I can't open it by my self .This safe is 4200lb drill and burn resistant. With a glass plate that shuts all bolts at once if drilled .Plus theres just not that much in there that safe its for my clad for one nite or so Theres some silver its all over the place. Thanks for the concern am good on my end. I have all my ducks in a row. Like scarface said come meet my little friend!!

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this post went somewhere it really didn't need to go..thanks for the pics TIM you are a master!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread