the skunk streak grows to 88.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
My skunk streak has been sitting at 87 for quite some time now, since I stopped ordering boxes after confirming that Phoenix (And only Phoenix so far, luckily for you guys and gals. :icon_thumleft: ) has that new machine that discriminates anything that is not the desired alloy of coin (Clad. thus silver gets "rejected", not culled, but same result.) However, when I go to banks to pick up other coins, I ALWAYS ask for ALL halves they happen to have. I may not order boxes, but i want them to still think of me as THE guy who ALWAYS wants ALL halves. It has worked wonders for me for the past year, and I have fun with other denominations (Mostly pennies) while trying ot find a few halves too.

Today I went to 15 banks and asked for $100 to $200 of quarters at each one. Got $2,400 in quarters which I'lll search tonight, and look for 2012 quarters (they are pretty rare, like the 2009 nickel and dimes. I am going ot save two rolls of each one out so far. We'll see if the other ones are as rare as the first ones, they they are lower mintage numbers than any quarter since the 50s!) I brought my canvas bag, went to the merchant window (that's where they almost ALWAYS have the halves anyway. Other tellers sell them to the merchant if they hold them for amore than a day or so) and picked up a few halves here and there. W ent to one bank and they had a box. SOmeone ordered it and dind't show up. Since I want to keep my rep up as the halves guy, I took it all. Sealed box, with sealed Brinks rolls, so definitely a enw box.

A skunk. Of course.

I expected it to be, as the new machine if pretty good at taking all the silver out. So - with this unasked for but taken box, I am now up to 88 skunks in a row. At least I'm doing okay wtih other denominations. :-) And I already HIT my goal of 100 40%ers for the year, when i got 6 solid rolls a few months back. Over 130 for the year already. And doing well on pennies, and okay with dimes plus getting some 2011 and 2012 quarters I still needed.

I'll let EVERYONE know when I get a box that is not a skunk. :-) UNtil then ... the count goes on. And no boxes actually on order still. :unhappysmiley:

Upvote 0

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Let us know how the Quarters, Dimes, Nickels, pennies go :D I love lower denomination finds. :D
Thanks and happy hunting!
Wicka

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Any way to find out wha the processor does with the rejected coins maybe? Maverick.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jrf30, hope you can get some good boxes in the future, i thought my 54 box skunk streak was bad, yours amazes me, not even a single silver.
hopefully those pennies keep producing and brinks does not get a machine to discriminate out anything other then zinc!
best of luck my friend,
hh
buff

OP
OP
jrf30

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I too would like to know what happens to teh silver. the contact I have at the comapny says that answer is above his pay grade. But he has SEEN the reject bin, and it has silver, foreign, tokens, and all sorts of other things in it. He knows nothing more.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
88 boxes all skunk.Wow that is bad. Do you mark coins?? if you did you would find out if your just getting the same worth less clad back. Green is a good color.

hotrod

Bronze Member
May 12, 2012
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also crh in phoenix . I look through brinks rolls and I do pretty good. Wonder why you doing so bad.

canaboy123

Sep 22, 2011
N/A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I went to 15 banks and asked for $100 to $200 of quarters at each one. Got $2,400 in quarters which I'lll search tonight, and look for 2012 quarters (they are pretty rare, like the 2009 nickel and dimes.

I wish they were but there not, i've gotten solid boxes of each type a couple times, get them in change alot too,they can also be bought at the U.S mint gift shop for face value.

Mr E SECRET

Aug 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also crh in phoenix . I look through brinks rolls and I do pretty good. Wonder why you doing so bad.

You may not want to advertise this too much. Our area is littered with enough competion as it is. Phoenix sucks right? Right. I hope your not the moron who has been returning the entire box back with the searched Brinks rolls still in there? There is nothing more that advertises CRH than this method of dumping!

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
You may not want to advertise this too much. Our area is littered with enough competion as it is. Phoenix sucks right? Right. I hope your not the moron who has been returning the entire box back with the searched Brinks rolls still in there? There is nothing more that advertises CRH than this method of dumping!

There are many people on here who rewroll in CWR's and reuse the MWR's, though I don't I don't agree with the reusing of the MWR's, I don't call people on here morons and other names, and many other people would agree with me here that it's just not necesary. I think everyone needs to just take all the name calling and bickering down a notch here. We're here to talk about CRHing, not call each other names and bicker. Maverick.

Mr E SECRET

Aug 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are many people on here who rewroll in CWR's and reuse the MWR's, though I don't I don't agree with the reusing of the MWR's, I don't call people on here morons and other names, and many other people would agree with me here that it's just not necesary. I think everyone needs to just take all the name calling and bickering down a notch here. We're here to talk about CRHing, not call each other names and bicker. Maverick.

When do you think you'll get off your soap box? Who on here did I call moron. Go back and read the post.

Last edited:

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I hope your not the moron who has been returning the entire box back with the searched Brinks rolls still in there?

Maybe I read this wrong?

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and we got another fellow member to this forum... willy wonka is supposed to be nice??

maverick, ignore them, you won't win, i think that 99% of those who read this(not 100% because wonka won't agree) will have respect towards you rather then wonka over there.
hh
buff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread