The Solution Rest Here.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Covert. I can think of endless covert operations that were carried out in broad daylight. Some types of espionage, for instance, even require it. And other then what was shared between Morriss and Beale I saw nothing in the story that indicated that Beale had gone public with any of it?

What is "puzzling" to me, anyway, is that if Beale was Beale senior then why didn't anyone know who he was or where he was from? Morriss was said to know just about everyone in the region, and beyond, so you would certainly think that Beale Sr. would have been known, especially after his duel with Risque. So why didn't anyone know him?

On the other hand, if Beale was from distant western portion of the land.....well, maybe that might explain why nobody in the region knew him. But then again, I believe Morriss even hints in this western direction, so maybe Morriss did know more about him then he was telling?

B/c Beale DIDN'T exist... Richard/Brad stated "in my judgement.... ONLY contribution to the treasure legend, has been in the use of his name" (Thomas Beale of Fincastle, Va.). Robert MORRISS didn't exist, either; "literary device" based on the life of Robert MORRIS (former Mayor of Lynchburg, Va. - 1813) & his wife, Sarah. NOW! For MORE restless nights...

Last edited:

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
It does bring us back to Hutter, Sherman, and Ward, and the events at Danville, April, 1865. Maybe the word "connexion" directs one to the French copy of Vattel's LAW OF NATIONS that was given to E S Hutter by CSA Sec of State Judah P Benjamin.

This makes perfect sense if you have your K.G.C. thinking hat on.

A NATION or a state is, as has been said at the beginning of this work, a body politic, or a society of men united together for the purpose of promoting their mutual safety and advantage by their combined strength.

From the very design that induces a number of men to form a society which has its common interests, and which is to act in concert, it is necessary that there should be established a Public Authority, to order and direct what is to be done by each in relation to the end of the association. This political authority is the Sovereignty; and he or they who are invested with it are the Sovereign.

l.C.

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I've explained my thinking as to why the pamphlet was published many times in these forms. Your author even tells you why in the pamphlet if you read it very carefully. All of this is further explained in the download, Connexions, which you can access in the classifieds of this site.

Do you have a link to one of the times?

Curious, L.C.

P.S. Is the author reliable?

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This makes perfect sense if you have your K.G.C. thinking hat on.

A NATION or a state is, as has been said at the beginning of this work, a body politic, or a society of men united together for the purpose of promoting their mutual safety and advantage by their combined strength.

From the very design that induces a number of men to form a society which has its common interests, and which is to act in concert, it is necessary that there should be established a Public Authority, to order and direct what is to be done by each in relation to the end of the association. This political authority is the Sovereignty; and he or they who are invested with it are the Sovereign.

l.C.

So this would make every nation, state, or enterprise with a publicly formed body...KGC? This is rather a blanket proposal.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Rebel, You are hitting around and around please find some solid ground to stand on? You know far well that Robert Morriss and his wife Sarah Mitchell existed. Robert had over thirty land transactions, ran a business or two, a member of the Lynch's Ferry town council, owner of Lynch's Ferry, President of the Farmer's Bank and a member of several groups and organizations in the Richmond and Lynchburg communities. He died in 1863, at the home of his niece and her husband, David Saunders. While Sarah Mitchell Morriss died at the home of James Beverly Ward in May, 1861. So please Rebel do not say they did not exist. Also I know you are going to say that Robert Morriss is spelled with an ending of one leter "S" but it is spelled both ways and even on the same documents. R & I needs to be done and tons of it before making statements like you just made. It could discourage others from coming to the truth.

That wasn't Robert MORRISS, THAT was Robert MORRIS, former Mayor of Lynchburg, Va. (1813).; even Maj. John Risque knew Robert MORRIS. AND! That IS done by my TONS of R & I... Beale PAPERS has only MORRISS, like Mrs. Cabel's MORRISS. Tell me WHERE Robert MORRISS is buried... you CAN'T! To YOU, "the TRUTH" is...?

Last edited:
O

Old Silver

That wasn't Robert MORRISS, THAT was Robert MORRIS, former Mayor of Lynchburg, Va. (1813).; even Maj. John Risque knew Robert MORRIS. AND! That IS done by my TONS of R & I... Beale PAPERS has only MORRISS, like Mrs. Cabel's MORRISS. Tell me WHERE Robert MORRISS is buried... you CAN'T! To YOU, "the TRUTH" is...?

The extra "S" on the name is nothing to get worked up over. Many families have had an extra "S" added to their sir name. It was originally Morris. Same family.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rebel, You are hitting around and around please find some solid ground to stand on? You know far well that Robert Morriss and his wife Sarah Mitchell existed. Robert had over thirty land transactions, ran a business or two, a member of the Lynch's Ferry town council, owner of Lynch's Ferry, President of the Farmer's Bank and a member of several groups and organizations in the Richmond and Lynchburg communities. He died in 1863, at the home of his niece and her husband, David Saunders. While Sarah Mitchell Morriss died at the home of James Beverly Ward in May, 1861. So please Rebel do not say they did not exist. Also I know you are going to say that Robert Morriss is spelled with an ending of one leter "S" but it is spelled both ways and even on the same documents. R & I needs to be done and tons of it before making statements like you just made. It could discourage others from coming to the truth.

And if Robert Morriss was a bank president then this might explain the use of the word "deposits" and the "iron box" might then become a lock box. This, or course, would then make the deposits a trust. This could also explain the description of the "vault". Just saying.....

tat2guy

Oct 29, 2011
Chester County pa
Primary Interest:
Other
MY "opinion", based on years of R & I... Beale Ciphers 1 & 3 are RUSES... gibberish that even computers can not "break"; BC # 2 is also a RUSE... NOTHING; does DOI REALLY "fit"...? Dunno. MOTIVE: to lead ppl ("mass market") away from the story within a story...

who is the Richard/Brad that you are referring to???

Thanks Tatt

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many of you have read the book
Boundless Wealth by Martin Hancock
https://books.google.com/books?id=2...e&q=Beale and General James Wilkinson&f=false
In the book it talks about the connection between Beale and General James Wilkenson and the plan of Wilkenson and Vice President Burr to take the Louisiana Territory for themselves and form their own Country in 1805. Beale meet with Philippe who was a Spanish Agent from New Orleans assigned to keep an eye on the affair of Pike combing the area north of the Red River for the passage to take Santa Fe ( he got within 70 miles of Santa Fe), Philippe acting as a guide on a Buffalo Hunt on the plains by Fort Gibson in 1817. This where they meet Major Hopkins of the US Army and payed a bribe for army stores. They then went west to Santa Fe arriving on December 1, 1817. I find it strange that the mentioning of Alcohol was restricted to just a few bars and that there was 1 Brothel and that Beale frequented the Brothel regularly. Beale was always out to impress Marita who was the Madam, by waving fists full of gold coins in the air.
Now there is a hint of gold and where did it come from as you would not expect a group to carry a fortune in gold across the prairie on a Buffalo hunt.

Papers of the War Department

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
In the book it talks about the connection between Beale and General James Wilkenson and the plan of Wilkenson and Vice President Burr to take the Louisiana Territory for themselves and form their own Country in 1805. Beale meet with Philippe who was a Spanish Agent from New Orleans assigned to keep an eye on the affair of Pike combing the Red River for the passage to take Santa Fe, Philippe acting as a guide on a Buffalo Hunt on the plains by Fort Gibson in 1817. This where they meet Major Hopkins of the US Army and payed a bribe for army stores. They then went west to Santa Fe arriving on December 1, 1817. I find it strange that the mentioning of Alcohol was restricted to just a few bars and that there was 1 Brothel and that Beale frequented the Brothel regularly. Beale was always out to impress Marita who was the Madam, by waving fists full of gold coins in the air.
Now there is a hint of gold and where did it come from as you would not expect a group to carry a fortune in gold across the prairie on a Buffalo hunt.

GREAT "story idea" for Beale PAPERS...

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
And if Robert Morriss was a bank president then this might explain the use of the word "deposits" and the "iron box" might then become a lock box. This, or course, would then make the deposits a trust. This could also explain the description of the "vault". Just saying.....

Wasn't Robert MORRISS... maybe Robert MORRIS, former Mayor of Lynchburg, Va. (1813).

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

HA! I am "The Grinch" that stole Beale PAPERS!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
That's why I worded that post the way I did. IF the Beale story is true, then it happened in the early 1800s, and the meetings would have been kept secret. At least the words spoken would have been secret.
Beale would not have advertised that he had buried a treasure and left a coded message with Robert Morriss.
The point I was making is if the ladies found Beale handsome, would their exist collaborating information from Bedford county residents about this good looking stranger outside of the Beale narrative? Or does the relationship of Beale and Morriss only appear in the 1885 Beale Papers.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL! Richard Greaves/Brad Andrews... One Letter, One Enclosure; Subject: The Beale Treasure ("on-line").

"One Letter, One Enclosure?" Don't believe I ever took direct part in that seeings how I never heard of it? :laughing7: Got a link?

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
https://books.google.com/books?id=2...e&q=Beale and General James Wilkinson&f=false
In the book it talks about the connection between Beale and General James Wilkenson and the plan of Wilkenson and Vice President Burr to take the Louisiana Territory for themselves and form their own Country in 1805. Beale meet with Philippe who was a Spanish Agent from New Orleans assigned to keep an eye on the affair of Pike combing the Red River for the passage to take Santa Fe ( he got within 70 miles of Santa Fe), Philippe acting as a guide on a Buffalo Hunt on the plains by Fort Gibson in 1817. This where they meet Major Hopkins of the US Army and payed a bribe for army stores. They then went west to Santa Fe arriving on December 1, 1817. I find it strange that the mentioning of Alcohol was restricted to just a few bars and that there was 1 Brothel and that Beale frequented the Brothel regularly. Beale was always out to impress Marita who was the Madam, by waving fists full of gold coins in the air.

I like the twist but the book you're referring to is a work of fiction, this disclaimer being presented along with the usual copyright info. So in essence, the author has just used the original story to create his own fictional novel. He's pretty clear about that.

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigscoop there are too many connections to the truth and many papers were destroyed by Wilkenson himself the month before his trial. and did include the link to where the authors information was based on and that was the War department. Was Wilkenson a spy for the Spanish? yes did he plot to take Louisiana territory , yes. read the book about General James Wilkenson being an Artist in Treason. that is true and was there a payment from Spain of 10,000 dollars in gold that never got to Wilkenson and was lost in Virginia or Kentucky yes. So facts may have been altered so it is rated as fiction. How many of the facts have been embellished? we do not know, but there are true facts in the book based on historical knowledge? The Spanish records were lost when Santa Anna fled Santa Fe with all the money and records when the US Army Captured him just north of the present day border. Somewhere between Santa Fe and his Capture point he burred the gold and documents. it is believed that is the treasure Doc Noss stumbled on in Victorio Peak.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions