The state can not countermand a federal law

Aurabbit79er

Oct 29, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
A cheap little Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is Illegal for a state to countermand a federal law. That is what started the Civil War.
And my friends It looks like war.
30586_4883793898321_1729172240_n.jpg :goldpan:

Southern California Miners have been hit again.
I'm Tellin yall, This dog sure as hell won't hunt.

Upvote 0

-Taz-

Mar 28, 2013
Island on the west coast
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
I hear a lot of people stating that they are fed up but i see little action! Arm yourselves gentlemen and live how you want. This is america and i believe it was a fairly well known fellow who said not so eloquently that as an american if you believe in something it is not only your option but your DUTY to break the law and live how you want. Us miners could learn something from the potheads who refuse to put down the dope and arnt afraid to tell the feds to F&$@ off! Peace will never last. I am by no means an anarchist but i go out prospecting with my assault rifle loaded!! If some government official thinks he has the audacity to tell me i cant dig a hole where i want to in the middle of the wilderness then it is war. Straight up conflict. You who put down your shovels and dredges are the problem! Remember the holocaust? People peaceably trying to resolve conflict. It doesn't work. Arm yourselves men! Stand up and do what is right regardless of what the laws of men say. You can find me up north tomorrow shovel, sluice, and ar 15 in hand with by Beretta 92a1 and 3 seventeen round magazines loaded on the hip.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Does anyone know if PLP has made a statement on this issue yet?

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Withdrawal is misspelled twice as Withdrawl on that sign. Dumb :censored:s

Sign and Poster Guidelines for the Forest Service

Sign and Poster Guidelines for the Forest Service, Page 1

If that sign is any part of the USFS there should be a coded set of letters, numbers on it somewhere.

[h=4]1.6.4 Sign Identification[/h]Signs are usually identified by a unique series of letters and numbers. The letters are abbreviations that refer to the type of sign. The numbers refer to the size of the sign or the sequence of the sign within a specific sign series. The most common sign abbreviations are shown below.
AbbreviationTerm
AAdministrative Site—Urban
ASAdministrative Site—Rural
BMBarricade Marker
D10Reference location sign (formerly mile post)
FForest Service sign having a different size
or design than listed in MUTCD; usually
precedes an R (Regulatory) or W (Warning)
FAForest Service Fee Area
FEForest Entrance—Major Boundary
FLForest Leaving—Major Boundary
FMForest Route Marker
FPFire Prevention
FRDForest Road Destination
ICIncident Command
JCJob Corps
MRoute Markers
MFEMinor Forest Entrance
MFLMinor Forest Leaving
NFLNational Forest Land Boundary
NHTNational Historic Trail Marker
NRANational Recreation Area
NRTNational Recreation Trail Marker
NSTNational Scenic Trail Marker
OMObject Marker
PUSDA Plaque
PXX*Poster
RRegulatory (MUTCD signs for roads)
RARecreation Area
RA-XXX*Recreational Symbol (Accommodations)
RDRoad
RG-XXX*Recreational Symbol (General recreation)
RL-XXX*Recreational Symbol (Land recreation)
RM-XXX*Recreational Symbol (Motorist Services)
RSRecreation Site Identification
RS-XXX*Recreational Symbol Winter (Snow)
RSERecreation Site Entrance
RW-XXX*Recreational Symbol (Water)
SForest Service Shield
SASite Approach
SBLScenic Byway Logo
SBRSmokey Bear Fire Rating
SDSSanitary Dump Site
SWSolid Waste Disposal
TBTrail Blazer
TDTrail Destination
TDWTrail Destination—Wilderness
TMTravel Management
VISVisitor Information Service
WWarning (MUTCD signs for roads)
WPWilderness/Primitive Area
WSRWild and Scenic River
YCCYouth Conservation Corps
* X's stand for numbers in the specific sign or poster number

Common Sign Abbreviations

Figure 1-1 gives examples of how these abbreviations are used to identify specific signs.
fig001.jpg

fig002.jpg

fig003.jpg

fig004.jpg

Figure 1-1—How to read sign numbers.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looking closely at the sign now, I'm thinking it was put up by "activists" ...or maybe prospectors who want the place all to themselves! LOL

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
It is Illegal for a state to countermand a federal law. That is what started the Civil War.
And my friends It looks like war.
View attachment 772476 :goldpan:

Southern California Miners have been hit again.
I'm Tellin yall, This dog sure as hell won't hunt.

Can someone tell me what the LL is..."Stream sediment sampling, and small scale placering" is :icon_scratch:
Never heard those terms before. :dontknow:

Last edited:

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Also anybody in the area that can post a picture of the sign on the left, next to this one.
Thanks in advance.

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I agree that sign looks fishy. I'm sure someone will put up a challenge. The forest service wants to believe those statements but they know the truth. Hope they remove it.

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, BS Detector, $$
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isn't the 1928 law Federal? If they are citing that and it's a Federal law it's game over. I'm surprised they only misspelled one word. I worked in the Dept. of Commerce for a while and was astounded at the morons who worked there.

I had been told by a few to stay out of the Sheep Mountain Wilderness area and so I have. This still leaves us all the river below Heaton Flats. I just wonder if they are going to ban hiking and bungee jumping off the Bridge to Nowhere since hikers kick up a ton of sediment and tromp through the river several times before reaching the bridge. That can't be good for the fish.

This is definitely war though. Not the armed kind like some advocate, but the legal, get off your arse and do something kind. We should start by staging a protest with all So. Cal clubs, GPAA & PLP. Invite the news and be sure to wear your Sunday best. This a PR war and I think most level headed Americans will be on our side, even some environmentalists. I know, because I'm one of them.

OP
OP
Aurabbit79er

Aurabbit79er

Oct 29, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isn't the 1928 law Federal? If they are citing that and it's a Federal law it's game over. I'm surprised they only misspelled one word. I worked in the Dept. of Commerce for a while and was astounded at the morons who worked there.

I had been told by a few to stay out of the Sheep Mountain Wilderness area and so I have. This still leaves us all the river below Heaton Flats. I just wonder if they are going to ban hiking and bungee jumping off the Bridge to Nowhere since hikers kick up a ton of sediment and tromp through the river several times before reaching the bridge. That can't be good for the fish.

This is definitely war though. Not the armed kind like some advocate, but the legal, get off your arse and do something kind. We should start by staging a protest with all So. Cal clubs, GPAA & PLP. Invite the news and be sure to wear your Sunday best. This a PR war and I think most level headed Americans will be on our side, even some environmentalists. I know, because I'm one of them.

One of my ideas is to show some serious solidarity among all the miners in this state and any other state. One of the ways we good show this is by wearing all the same T-shirt we can all agree on. One T-shirt,one logo, one catchphrase, or support one popular organization, By doing it we make a strong statement and maybe even handout T-shirts to other gold miners when we come across them. I always thought of making a T-shirt myself. It would show a picture of a lot of different stuff on a gravel background like fishing weights, fishhooks, nails, bottle caps, bullets shell casings, broken glass, maybe even some gold with Mercury on it. You could say something like "my kids play in the stream when I suction dredge" "I take this stuff out of the stream so they don't step on it." "How are you helping to keep the river clean?"

Last edited:

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone on this thread could start by calling and sending letters to the Oregon state capital in protest of SB 838 and SB 401 which will put a moritorium on dredging in Oregon. See the top of the forum under gold prospecting for info.

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AU, good idea. I would suggest it all run through the PLP since they are the only legal entity fighting in court for our rights. My club meeting is this Saturday and the PLP is usually there. I'll bring it up to them and see what can be done.

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If that was an official sign it would have the USFS or BLM insignias on it. I think some one made up a sign with the color and lettering of the mentioned gov. agencies. They couldn't use the insignias or they would be in violation od counterfieting laws.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Right BHP, pretty clear it's a SCAM!

OP
OP
Aurabbit79er

Aurabbit79er

Oct 29, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did send an e-mail to PLP, and I got a response. I'm waiting for "permission" to post their quote.
They are working on it.

midnightmoon

Mar 8, 2008
Los Angeles, California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Appears to be some mismatched bolts in asymmetrical placement holding the sign to the post.

Welllll ...

Thinking about it some more ... :icon_scratch:

Cattywumpus workmanship does not rule out *official* after all.

Sigh.

OP
OP
Aurabbit79er

Aurabbit79er

Oct 29, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Appears to be some mismatched bolts in asymmetrical placement holding the sign to the post.

Welllll ...

Thinking about it some more ... :icon_scratch:

Cattywumpus workmanship does not rule out *official* after all.

Sigh.

Okay, I e-mailed PLP and I received two replies. They have started working on this latest development.
this is from Jerry Hobb's:

"We are in the process of doing a Freedom of Information Act request. If the FS put it up we will deal with it. If they do not know who put it up we will tear it down

Jerry

Do not remove that sign until we make sure it was not put up by the FS. Otherwise to remove it would be destroying government property and is a criminal act

Jerry"

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, I e-mailed PLP and I received two replies. They have started working on this latest development.
this is from Jerry Hobb's:

"We are in the process of doing a Freedom of Information Act request. If the FS put it up we will deal with it. If they do not know who put it up we will tear it down

Jerry

Do not remove that sign until we make sure it was not put up by the FS. Otherwise to remove it would be destroying government property and is a criminal act

Jerry"

Jerry's the man. We all owe him our gratitude and more. Everyone talks about being pissed off and doing something, Jerry does something. He is spot on to say leave the sign be until we know more about it. By doing something illegal or vandalizing the sign it really puts a black mark on all of us who use the EF.

I hope he is at the meeting tomorrow to speak about this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread