The Treasure Gods have smiled down on me again!!

diverdown

Tenderfoot
Feb 29, 2008
just got back from the treasure coast on monday, walked the beaches of wabasso for three days with my metal detector and BOBs book shipwrecks of wabasso beach, did not find anything great but had a great time. looked at those worm rocks too, have some sitting on my coffe table right now. great find. will be back next year and will spend two months there, found a condo in sebastin and will rent that.diverdown. British Columbia Canada

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
I don't know nutin bout conglomerites or sea shells or ocean tides whatever. But I do know booty when I see it and Phipps got it. Green booty to be precise. You rock Phipps ! ;) ;D :D

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that's one helluva find! Nice going Phipps. Can you explain to me your statement about the wormrock? Is wormrock rare ? I don't know anything about it and just curious as to why you don't want to extract the emerald from it.

"I did not have the emerald in this conglomerate looked at due to the fact that it is encrusted in a soft matrix of wormrock and I don't want to do anything to disturb it"

OP
OP
PhipsFolly

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lisfisher... worm rock is by no means rare. I am no marine biologist and couldn't tell you specifics about worm rock except that it is made by small "sea worm" organisms which build structures almost resembling coral but much softer... as far as I have been told, they filter nutrients out of the sand and then it is excreted and "used" to build the worm rock "reefs" that are present in numerous areas along the coast.

I prefer to keep many artifacts I find in the state in which I recovered them as it really lends itself to telling a story... basically helps to establish authenticity and provenance. The emerald could certainly be removed from a piece such as this but you would never be able to put it back as the worm rock crumbles when it dries. I would prefer to leave it as is for display purposes. Hope that answers your questions.

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, that clears it up, thanks for the quick reply and again that is a great find. My knees would be shaking if I found that!

1emeraldlady

Jul 26, 2013
Micco, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
And what the Heck, a woman found a 69 carat emerald near disney just last spring!

Lol....I just joined TNet...Funny to see people mention me and my emerald. Found it a bit north of Disney too. Thanks (yes, I do know this post is old) but it still tickles me green! :)

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Ermaldlady could you post a pic of your emerald?

captbonnie

Jan 22, 2007
Vero Beach FL
Detector(s) used
AQ1B
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hi emerald lady good to see you on Tnet. met you at the Virgalona party at Hiram's...if I can find it have a great photo of that lovely emerald and you. Still would like you out On the boat with us for luck someday..you are a finder! What a super beautiful stone it still wows me

Bonnie and Mom Jo

1emeraldlady

Jul 26, 2013
Micco, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
emerald2dime.jpg emerald3sign.jpg How's that...lol? Sorry it took so long, still learning here. :)

OP
OP
PhipsFolly

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man Emerald Lady... dang, I had forgotton what a monster emerald your find was... gorgeous! This is one of my favorites of my 1715 Fleet finds... can't compete with your beauty :notworthy:, but its a good one at 48 carats... its about 1cm thick and 2 cm tall... Love Muzo Greenies!!!:hello2:

Attachments

• Muzo1715.jpg
    Muzo1715.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK.
I have things to do.. "later" :-)