The Treasure Gods have smiled down on me again!!

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You're right Vent. There were also emeralds we called "milky white" that we found at Emerald City but they were selling for $100/carat.

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Scubasalvor wrote: Its kind of curious, Harold Holden, Bob Weller and John Brandon worked the "colored beach" wreck for over 20 years and never found one single emerald.

I concur. ;D

The only 1715 wrecksite I know of that had raw emeralds found in any quantity was the wreck just north of Pepper Park, the archaeological preserve known as the Urca de Lima.

Lots of jewelry found with inset emeralds however! I have got to remember to look for the green stones when I detect the beaches. ;D

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
OK Tom, so why was the Urca de Lima carrying Emeralds? Wouldn't she have been just as likely to carry contraband as would the supply ship?

I guess my point is, there could any number of contraband pouches of emeralds that got washed near shore and have been washing around in the surf area for hundreds of years. Plus, unless you are really looking and dredging for the emeralds they will be hard to find.

None the less, I understand what you are saying, but just because those guys have been looking for treasure for 20+ years doesn't mean they found it all! I certainly hope not!

Otherwise we need to sell our boat and get a better day job!

"Missed it by an inch, missed it by a mile!" I think I heard that recently in a movie? Anyone care to play movie trivia? Name the movie and the actor!

OP
OP
PhipsFolly

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Scubasalvor you seem to have all the answers... y'all got me figured out. I'm full o' sh*t... well I never said I found the emeralds at the Nieves site and my clue was just that... a clue as to the area in which they are found. Am I going to tell you exactly where to go? Give me a break... do your own homework. And yeah, all those big name treasure hunters may have been looking for emeralds all those long 20 years but did they ever go and sift for them in the right places? NO! Why is it so hard to believe that i'm finding them when thousands of them were found in the area? maybe it's because I found them and You didn't! I'll just go on enjoying my finds and you and all the other naysayers can kiss my royal contraband behind! Last time I post anything on here... you people are something else. To all those that have been supportive and complimentary... thank you.

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Phips,

Dont get upset! We all are jeolous of what you have found! Keep up the good work!

Pete is just mad it wasn't him! LOL! ;) ;) ;)

No one is calling you a liar or saying you are full of Sh!t! I think we all are just debating a topic, trying to figure it out and trying to pry in on your hot spot at the same time!

I forbid anyone to start up any pissing matches! Spread the love! ;D ;D ;D

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
And what the Heck, a woman found a 69 carat emerald near disney just last spring!

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
Now you guys went and did it, just as i was closing in on the location. Gimme one more guess phipps, how about clearwater beach. I know it's not even close but I was there once and they had some nice eye candy so I figure in case I gotta wait awhile for a greenie to wash up for me I might as well have somethin to do. ;D

OP
OP
PhipsFolly

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your mature and positive outlook Robert... however it gets old when you try to share something cool with your fellow th'ers and certain individuals like to turn threads into a war zone whether it be out of jealousy or just to start trouble. It is the same old story of how a few rotten apples tend to spoil everything for everyone else. I know I can put up with it and ignore it, but why should anyone have to? This forum is suposed to be a place where we can share our info and finds, have some laughs, and support each other... not try to slander and beat each other down. Once again... thanks to those that had something positive to contribute. Phips

Vrent

Nov 30, 2004
surfside beach sc
Phips they can nay say you all they want but you got the photos works for me you found them and the other didn't that is why it is called treasure HUNTING

keep at it you seem to be onto a hot spot indeed
congrats again

Vrent

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Robert wrote: OK Tom, so why was the Urca de Lima carrying Emeralds? Wouldn't she have been just as likely to carry contraband as would the supply ship?

There are some people you know very well who have a different opinion of the identity of the ship at Pepper Park, (aka Urca de Lima) and with good reason. ;)

But to answer your question, yes, contraband emeralds could be on any of the ships. No one is doubting that they might exist, just curious why after 40+ years of salvage of the 1715 wrecks, there is no record of loose emeralds being found, except in one or two cases.

Phips cleared that up for us. The stones, due to their specific gravity, would tend to wash ashore like seashells, rather than sink like coins.

jeff k

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2006
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More than likely the emeralds were being carried by a passenger that drowned or lost them while trying to swim ashore. If that's the case, the final resting place could be far from the actual shipwreck.

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
Jeff K said:
More than likely the emeralds were being carried by a passenger that drowned or lost them while trying to swim ashore. If that's the case, the final resting place could be far from the actual shipwreck.
So Clearwater beach isn't out of the question then ? ;D

OP
OP
PhipsFolly

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, for your information Scubasalvor... there have been emeralds found at:

Treasure Shores Area (Cannonpile Wreck) - (2) BARREL SHAPED EMERALDS FOUND (One being 10 Carats)
Wabasso Beach Area (Probably also from the Canonnpile Wreck) - (1) 69 Carat BARREL SHAPED EMERALD FOUND
Ft. Pierce Area (Urca de Lima Wreck) - CONGLOMERATE OF 1000'S EMERALDS FOUND/SOME BARRELS/SOME NOT

I have found both barrel shaped and more rough type emeralds together in my spot... so what's your point?

And all those experts you refer to may have been successful at what they do, but I do not look up to them and treat them like they have all the answers either. There have been plenty of amazing finds made by folks who were not "the pros" that you refer to... like i said, i'll keep smiling and you can keep guessing... Phips

TidePool

Nov 14, 2007
Upstate NY
MD Dog said:
Jeff K said:

Nope! When you're there stop by Frenchys and have a Blackened Grouper Sammich & cold beer for me!

8)

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
TidePool said:
MD Dog said:
Jeff K said:

Nope! When you're there stop by Frenchys and have a Blackened Grouper Sammich & cold beer for me!

8)
Dangit tidepool I'm stuck in WNY I take it your downstate ? :-\

treasure_girl3

Feb 9, 2008
RGecy said:
OK Tom, so why was the Urca de Lima carrying Emeralds? Wouldn't she have been just as likely to carry contraband as would the supply ship?

I guess my point is, there could any number of contraband pouches of emeralds that got washed near shore and have been washing around in the surf area for hundreds of years. Plus, unless you are really looking and dredging for the emeralds they will be hard to find.

None the less, I understand what you are saying, but just because those guys have been looking for treasure for 20+ years doesn't mean they found it all! I certainly hope not!

Otherwise we need to sell our boat and get a better day job!

"Missed it by an inch, missed it by a mile!" I think I heard that recently in a movie? Anyone care to play movie trivia? Name the movie and the actor!

RGecy,

Ha the movie was "Fools Gold" Mathew McConaughey.

~Treasure Girl :P ;D

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey Phipps, I just got back from Sebastian and read all your posts from the last 2 days. I don't have all the answers (I'm asking them). I am just jealous of your find. I should have found those emeralds!!!

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
PhipsFolly said:
Also, for your information Scubasalvor... there have been emeralds found at:

Treasure Shores Area (Cannonpile Wreck) - (2) BARREL SHAPED EMERALDS FOUND (One being 10 Carats)
Wabasso Beach Area (Probably also from the Canonnpile Wreck) - (1) 69 Carat BARREL SHAPED EMERALD FOUND
Ft. Pierce Area (Urca de Lima Wreck) - CONGLOMERATE OF 1000'S EMERALDS FOUND/SOME BARRELS/SOME NOT

I have found both barrel shaped and more rough type emeralds together in my spot... so what's your point?

And all those experts you refer to may have been successful at what they do, but I do not look up to them and treat them like they have all the answers either. There have been plenty of amazing finds made by folks who were not "the pros" that you refer to... like i said, i'll keep smiling and you can keep guessing... Phips
Dont forget Jupiter. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,123247.0.html

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread