THE TRUTH ABOUT SECRET SOCIETIES TREASURE CACHES

scallop81

Jul 3, 2023
Port Richey, Fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure.net members. This is Bob Brewer. You may not recognize the name, but my partner, John London, and I were the first to post information concerning the Knights of the Golden Circle after Marc first started TreasureNet. For thirty-five years, I wrote using the pen name Hillbilly Bob. Some of the older folks will recall the KGC seminars John and I conducted at treasure shows in Texas, Tennessee, Nebraska, and Arkansas. We avoided TreasureNet for about 25 years, because of harassment by the rogue members here. Now that we have retired from our treasure consulting business, I will again post frequently. My posts are under the name RENNES. I urge all of you wishing to learn the truth, concerning famous treasure tales and real buried treasure, to read my future posts.
Warning: what I am about to do will cause the “Naysayers” to attack again, telling you, I know nothing about treasure. They are the same members who, for years, have fished the forum for information. We will get a good laugh when I prove they are the know-nothings. They regularly post here and pretend to be experts on these treasures. They know me and make derogatory statements about me and others. If you read their old posts, you will see they are ate up with jealousy because John and I never gave them the time of day. John recently passed away and left me the sole survivor of our eleven member Gold Circle Research and treasure hunting team. Now I hope to share, with TreasureNet, secrets learned during John’s and my combined 114 year careers of addiction to treasure huLook

Treasure.net members. This is Bob Brewer. You may not recognize the name, but my partner, John London, and I were the first to post information concerning the Knights of the Golden Circle after Marc first started TreasureNet. For thirty-five years, I wrote using the pen name Hillbilly Bob. Some of the older folks will recall the KGC seminars John and I conducted at treasure shows in Texas, Tennessee, Nebraska, and Arkansas. We avoided TreasureNet for about 25 years, because of harassment by the rogue members here. Now that we have retired from our treasure consulting business, I will again post frequently. My posts are under the name RENNES. I urge all of you wishing to learn the truth, concerning famous treasure tales and real buried treasure, to read my future posts.
Warning: what I am about to do will cause the “Naysayers” to attack again, telling you, I know nothing about treasure. They are the same members who, for years, have fished the forum for information. We will get a good laugh when I prove they are the know-nothings. They regularly post here and pretend to be experts on these treasures. They know me and make derogatory statements about me and others. If you read their old posts, you will see they are ate up with jealousy because John and I never gave them the time of day. John recently passed away and left me the sole survivor of our eleven member Gold Circle Research and treasure hunting team. Now I hope to share, with TreasureNet, secrets learned during John’s and my combined 114 year careers of addiction to treasure hunting.
look forward to it

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that was a very old thread here!

OP
OP
R

rennes

Dec 11, 2016
Hatton, AR
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Three W's was my answer to three clues question. Three of the who why how when and where.
Though I'd prefer solid "lead" to "clue" as defining words.
Yes it's splitting hairs.
I'm sorry, but when talking treasure hunting the words I use are understood by most serious treasure hunters. At least those who were an understudy or carried water for some of the old full time hunters. Some of those words are:
Lore, Knowledge, a method of doing things, expertise on a certain subject.
Knowledge; being familiar with the facts or truth of a subject by research or learning.
Lead; information acquired from some means disclosing a story, legend, tale about a treasure, also may be a pointer or line on a map showing a direction to go.
Clue; an object, sign or symbol, found in your area of interest. Can be anything from a topo feature, the shape of the tree, a rock carving, always something found that likely will require decoding or deciphering. For instance a bottle shard having numbers or letters, an iron object dug up, a nail high in a tree, a buried knife or gun. Even tiny things nobody would believe are clues. Anything can be a clue. Don't ever move anything in a treasure depository without first photographing it with a GPS and compass in the picture.
Hint; something on a clue that may help you discover its meaning. It may be a chips in an axe head. Almost invisible center punch marks or a shadow in a photograph.
Maps; Maps come in many forms. Everyone knows about treasure maps drawn on paper or rarely found on leather. Maps can be real or fakes. Authentic treasure maps almost always use codes or ciphering making them nearly impossible to use. A knowledgeable map reader easily can spot a fake. If you can't read a treasure map you can't draw one either.Gotta go do my chores.
BB

diamonddave

Jan 4, 2021
WESTERN PA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB VANQUISH 540 PP
MINELAB X-TERRA PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry, but when talking treasure hunting the words I use are understood by most serious treasure hunters. At least those who were an understudy or carried water for some of the old full time hunters. Some of those words are:
Lore, Knowledge, a method of doing things, expertise on a certain subject.
Knowledge; being familiar with the facts or truth of a subject by research or learning.
Lead; information acquired from some means disclosing a story, legend, tale about a treasure, also may be a pointer or line on a map showing a direction to go.
Clue; an object, sign or symbol, found in your area of interest. Can be anything from a topo feature, the shape of the tree, a rock carving, always something found that likely will require decoding or deciphering. For instance a bottle shard having numbers or letters, an iron object dug up, a nail high in a tree, a buried knife or gun. Even tiny things nobody would believe are clues. Anything can be a clue. Don't ever move anything in a treasure depository without first photographing it with a GPS and compass in the picture.
Hint; something on a clue that may help you discover its meaning. It may be a chips in an axe head. Almost invisible center punch marks or a shadow in a photograph.
Maps; Maps come in many forms. Everyone knows about treasure maps drawn on paper or rarely found on leather. Maps can be real or fakes. Authentic treasure maps almost always use codes or ciphering making them nearly impossible to use. A knowledgeable map reader easily can spot a fake. If you can't read a treasure map you can't draw one either.Gotta go do my chores.
BB
Rennes, since Morgan was captured in OH and never reached Pittsburgh, PA or points north. I don’t believe the suspected cache in Dents Run or this reported new one allegedly nearby there could have been deposited by him.

I have been reading and studying the various KGC markings and it seems the turtle marking is very significant when getting close to a cache. I understand some KOH guards may still be around and might replace the signs when the older versions have failed over time. But how do you know these markings are relevant or not? We must put these “KGC marker signs” to an early test since this is the most current story reporting any KGC gold supposedly recovered.

Do you really think those Finder Keepers really were “screwed out” of a cache that was based on a few circumstantial observations but without any solid documented KGC signs? Forget any technology or science involved since we know that one must dig to really prove any signals or test results.

For instance, your co-author who was helping the Finders Keepers group described the rock above their suspected Dents Run site and said it resembled a turtle but there were no pictures portraying anything of a turtle shaped rock or reports of any turtle carving or anything else found on the rock. Any exposed rock or odd shaped natural item could appear to look like anything you can imagine. I thought the turtle rock would have a 7 on it or a circle with a dot in the center indicating gold was buried below. Also, wouldn’t there be several other figures or markers appearing nearby?

The father of Finder Keepers said years ago, he was told by someone else on TNet, who never saw it, that a turtle carving in a rock existed near Dents Run but there was never any proof or pictures of that carving either. He told the FBI about this turtle carving and they included it in their affidavit to dig up the site, also without corroborating existence of the carving. So no “real proof” of these signs.

As I recall, Finder Keeper also questioned the person on TNet and was told about the turtle carving, only days after the FBI dug up the Dents Run site (I guess desperate for info to back-up their story) and that person replied, "I've seen this, and that... Unfortunately, the carving was just some really cool rock graffiti, and the property owners said it wasn’t there when they purchased the property. This seems like some shoddy investigative work by all parties involved in Dents Run in proving out what is supposed to be solid evidence of KGC markers.

Now as for your co-author, besides indicating the rock over the Dents Run site resembled a turtle, it seems the only relevant information he provided was general historic info about the KGC and Copperheads motives and methods (probably your very own research material). I read the FBI affidavit which states your co-author claimed a fictional story “The Lost Gold Ingot Treasure” written 100 years after the Civil War, was some kind of “waybill” written in code as a map to the cache. But none of this nonsense was definitive fact. For example, the story says "at the time Connors left, the party was camped on the ridge running north and south just west of the east branch of Hicks Run." Anyone could look at a map in 1961 and include it in a story as fact. This hardly seems like code for a treasure map.

I got to ask you, as one of the foremost experts on KGC cache location and recovery, do you really believe these guys did their due diligence in proving a KGC cache or any cache existed in Dents Run?

How do you know “real” KGC markers from everyday common place things or modern-day graffiti?

dents run treasure | Page 15 | TreasureNet 🧭 The Original Treasure Hunting Website

Last edited:

diamonddave

Jan 4, 2021
WESTERN PA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB VANQUISH 540 PP
MINELAB X-TERRA PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rennes, since Morgan was captured in OH and never reached Pittsburgh, PA or points north. I don’t believe the suspected cache in Dents Run or this reported new one allegedly nearby there could have been deposited by him.

I have been reading and studying the various KGC markings and it seems the turtle marking is very significant when getting close to a cache. I understand some KOH guards may still be around and might replace the signs when the older versions have failed over time. But how do you know these markings are relevant or not? We must put these “KGC marker signs” to an early test since this is the most current story reporting any KGC gold supposedly recovered.

Do you really think those Finder Keepers really were “screwed out” of a cache that was based on a few circumstantial observations but without any solid documented KGC signs? Forget any technology or science involved since we know that one must dig to really prove any signals or test results.

For instance, your co-author who was helping the Finders Keepers group described the rock above their suspected Dents Run site and said it resembled a turtle but there were no pictures portraying anything of a turtle shaped rock or reports of any turtle carving or anything else found on the rock. Any exposed rock or odd shaped natural item could appear to look like anything you can imagine. I thought the turtle rock would have a 7 on it or a circle with a dot in the center indicating gold was buried below. Also, wouldn’t there be several other figures or markers appearing nearby?

The father of Finder Keepers said years ago, he was told by someone else on TNet, who never saw it, that a turtle carving in a rock existed near Dents Run but there was never any proof or pictures of that carving either. He told the FBI about this turtle carving and they included it in their affidavit to dig up the site, also without corroborating existence of the carving. So no “real proof” of these signs.

As I recall, Finder Keeper also questioned the person on TNet and was told about the turtle carving, only days after the FBI dug up the Dents Run site (I guess desperate for info to back-up their story) and that person replied, "I've seen this, and that... Unfortunately, the carving was just some really cool rock graffiti, and the property owners said it wasn’t there when they purchased the property. This seems like some shoddy investigative work by all parties involved in Dents Run in proving out what is supposed to be solid evidence of KGC markers.

Now as for your co-author, besides indicating the rock over the Dents Run site resembled a turtle, it seems the only relevant information he provided was general historic info about the KGC and Copperheads motives and methods (probably your very own research material). I read the FBI affidavit which states your co-author claimed a fictional story “The Lost Gold Ingot Treasure” written 100 years after the Civil War, was some kind of “waybill” written in code as a map to the cache. But none of this nonsense was definitive fact. For example, the story says "at the time Connors left, the party was camped on the ridge running north and south just west of the east branch of Hicks Run." Anyone could look at a map in 1961 and include it in a story as fact. This hardly seems like code for a treasure map.

I got to ask you, as one of the foremost experts on KGC cache location and recovery, do you really believe these guys did their due diligence in proving a KGC cache or any cache existed in Dents Run?

How do you know “real” KGC markers from everyday common place things or modern-day graffiti?

dents run treasure | Page 15 | TreasureNet 🧭 The Original Treasure Hunting Website
Rennes, below is the link to the original post reporting a turtle carving in a rock near Dents Run. This is the post that Finder Keepers provided the FBI as evidence. Note the initial report was made in 2011, over six years before Dents Run was ever excavated and there is no record of the treasure hunters ever confirming the existence of this marking or any other specific KGC markings in the surrounding environs prior to the excavation. Im wondering if Finder Keepers ignored this post for all those years until your co-author enlightened him on the importance of the turtle and only then did it become an important piece of evidence that he should add to bolster the KGC angle.

Seems the only reference to KGC markings were those in the story "The Lost Gold Ingot Treasure". Again, that book was written 100 years after the CW and there is no record that any of those KGC markers were found in Dents Run. I'm scratching my head as to what led anyone to believe this was a KGC cache other than your co-author trying to link an alleged cache to the book that was written. Finder Keepers never even mentioned KGC until your co-author inserted this narrative. Don't you think this was putting the cart before the horse?

HOOKINDAFOOT

May 28, 2023
? English Territory
Probably a lot of Civil War English payola gold buried out their in Pennsylvania, not sure about the Dents Run site, probably more of a cover story. Pulled a lot of that payola gold out of Georgia.
Those guys knew how to take the blood money bribes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rennes

Dec 11, 2016
Hatton, AR
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Fellas, Two things you should think about in regards to treasure lore. First don't rely on what you read or hear and spend a lot of time and money . The only way you can be sure there is a treasure depository in the area is to find clues (signs, symbols, hoot owl trees, buried objects. PLEASE understand a buried clue in 99 of a 100 chances will have something proving it was intentionally buried and not lost. For Instance a gun is found it appears to be complete, but on close examination a part is missing that required disassembly to remove and was then reassembled. Note always pay attention to the small things, like everyone would suspect the barrel pointed the go direction, that usually will lead to something to throw you off the line. In one instance the rifle found as shown in my book Sentinel was complete except for the stock which was rotted away. The trigger pointed the direction to the next clue and the distance was 94 rods or poles e=ing 1551 feet. Rifle barrel pointed about ESE the trigger pointed 186 degrees. The rifle was a 94 Winchester The barrel pointed to a cemetery and at the grave of one of Quantrill's Raiders. This is a commonly used code. The object dug could be a horseshoe with three nails still intact. Two are bent left and one is bent right. You don't have to be a genius to know that if a horse throws a shoe all the nails would be bent the same. Perhaps the horse shoe is buried upright instead of flat it then could be a pointer going either direction or both, meaning its a line. So you follow a line each way for say three nails = furlongs, hundred feet, hundred yards, or even 30 feet. That's sort of the way you learn to decode piece meal maps which is what all the clues found will be parts of. I hope all of you have a Pro Mapping Program that is GIS technology and allows you to import other maps over the base map and include way-points and map symbols. If you can't draw a line for several miles across a map you are P***** in the wind.
BB
I'll try to post this URL. to the LA times article done on my work in 2007 http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-treasure5dec05,0,387467.story?coll=la-home-center

OP
OP
R

rennes

Dec 11, 2016
Hatton, AR
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
NEW POST IN REGARDS TO QUESTIONS TO ME CONCERNING DENT'S RUN GOLD STORY
I have not put much time following this hunt's story. I have only seen one photo of the supposed gold dig site. In the picture there are some things I see that could be clues to treasure in that vicinity. I once spoke to the Son involved in this hunt and from our talk I believe he and his Dad are on a hot trail. However, in my career I have found dozens of turtles, some carved in rocks and some rocks actually sculpted to look like a turtle or even other animals. I'm not talking about an almost turtle you can complete in your mind. A turtle made as a clue will usually leave no doubt what it is. Think a minute about this..... You are burying upteen thousand in gold so you dig a deep hole for the treasure and when your done, you make a big turtle boulder an put it on top of the gold. Since everyone knows turtles and gold have an affinity for each other the person finding the turtle would know where to dig. That isn't going to happen. A turtle is a clue and always points a direction to travel. The turtle pointing to a cache is going to be so small only a person knowing to look for it will find it. A cache will still be some distance from the turtle carving. Turtles can also lead to a trap and the first trap you find will only be a deterrent to stop someone before they reach the cache site. Again, do some serious thinking and see why this is true. What if their were several people involved and one is killed by the trap, the others then just clean up the mess and get to the treasure. But aware that most large caches are protected by traps but that is a whole nother chapter. Nearly all of my treasure work since about 1991 is in video and to get photos I must be in my Video editing computer. Perhaps later I can post some images of turtles I've found. Note as time allows, I'm working on some media that will reveal secrets most, if not. all of you need to know if you ever expect to find any of these treasures we all call KGC to keep from pointing a finger at something else.
This is not edited due to bad eyes and lack of time. Please forgive mistakes.
BB

OP
OP
R

rennes

Dec 11, 2016
Hatton, AR
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I think you are mixed up on why I write about how to find a cache by reading the clues. You will not get me commenting on what We have done. My point is to help others get a start in working a depository. Again let me say I'm almost 84. I've been doing what all of you talk about for 70 odd years. I was overseas for about 7 years of a career in the Navy, never ceasing to read all I could find on the Civil War and Confederate History and treasure. I managed to be stationed in Memphis, Tn and Norman, OK so I could be home on free weekends and leave periods to work on locating caches in the depository that surrounds my boyhood home. I retired in 1977 and never had another 9 to 5 job. Without knowing you, I still will say, my standard of living is a match for yours and most people. I have never been one to discuss my work because my ego doesn't need to be boosted. You might consider all the people who came to me for help with their THing. I taught lots of good people and a few charlatans how to work a depository, but only the few that passed my tests ever got the secrets they needed. If you don't want any help or need any, I suggest you read the coin shooting posts.
BB

diamonddave

Jan 4, 2021
WESTERN PA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB VANQUISH 540 PP
MINELAB X-TERRA PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A turtle made as a clue will usually leave no doubt what it is. Think a minute about this..... You are burying upteen thousand in gold so you dig a deep hole for the treasure and when your done, you make a big turtle boulder an put it on top of the gold. Since everyone knows turtles and gold have an affinity for each other the person finding the turtle would know where to dig. That isn't going to happen. A turtle is a clue and always points a direction to travel. The turtle pointing to a cache is going to be so small only a person knowing to look for it will find it. A cache will still be some distance from the turtle carving.
I tend to agree with this and for those reasons I don't put any stock in that large boulder resting over top of the drainage ditch at Dents Run as being any kind of KGC marker. To my knowledge there were no other images of any markers presented as evidence of a KGC cache at Dents Run.

I'm curious as to what you may have seen in that one picture of that site that could be a clue to treasure in the vicinity. I would be most interested to learn this from you as one of the last old-guard, KGC cache hunters willing to share his knowledge in this forum.

Are you aware that you can read all of the investigative case files and view the images of the site which were released to the public through by FOIA request? Maybe you can point to something/anything in these images that will help us understand how one could interpret this site as a KGC cache! Note: The majority of site images are in Parts 2, 3 and 4.

Check it all out here:

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I love this stuff and will follow the thread. But to be fair, I’m quite a skeptic. A KGC “expert” who hasn’t recovered the various treasures is much like a “Bigfoot Hunter” who possesses ream’s of stories but has never seen a Bigfoot. Clues are intriguing, but I can source my own unproven clues quite easily. At that point I see it as entertainment, much like the Sitcom about the Laginas at Oak Island. I’m not saying you are wrong. But whence is the pudding which contains me proof?

lightspirt

Jul 26, 2023
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Spirit of the Universe
I say keep it hush. There is some bad people out there looking to prey on others hard work. But i am sure with rennes experience he is well aware of that.

lightspirt

Jul 26, 2023
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Spirit of the Universe
Then why even come on this forum and mention it at all?
It looks like from his post above, he is trying to help others that have a interest in those types of caches . I dont think i have seen anyone one on here posting pictures of large cache they have found. It would probably create a lot of trouble for them.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like from his post above, he is trying to help others that have a interest in those types of caches . I dont think i have seen anyone one on here posting pictures of large cache they have found. It would probably create a lot of trouble for them.
They have in the past, large caches are rare.

MythicalUnikrn

Feb 24, 2022
Exploring reality, from afar.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then why even come on this forum and mention it at all?
To get some worked up, resulting in a slip(mayb)of something. Whether it b a location, knowledge, or etc. I mean im not sure but if they hav paid "hate" groups/individuals to fuel race riots/gun rights riots etc y wouldnt they do there homework. I mean hello Ruby Ridge case and why charges were dropped. Just saying, dnt let everything affect emotional reaction..

OP
OP
R

rennes

Dec 11, 2016
Hatton, AR
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Triangle turtle snake? Maybe ?
Luke you are getting close, so far I have found triangles and turtles as clues at every cache site worked, which is a bunch. Although those are pretty common, the three I'm looking for are some far more important. I am asking this question to find anyone out there who has actually worked one of the ???'s depositories
Thanks for the reply

REB/HBB

OP
OP
R

rennes

Dec 11, 2016
Hatton, AR
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I tend to agree with this and for those reasons I don't put any stock in that large boulder resting over top of the drainage ditch at Dents Run as being any kind of KGC marker. To my knowledge there were no other images of any markers presented as evidence of a KGC cache at Dents Run.

I'm curious as to what you may have seen in that one picture of that site that could be a clue to treasure in the vicinity. I would be most interested to learn this from you as one of the last old-guard, KGC cache hunters willing to share his knowledge in this forum.

Are you aware that you can read all of the investigative case files and view the images of the site which were released to the public through by FOIA request? Maybe you can point to something/anything in these images that will help us understand how one could interpret this site as a KGC cache! Note: The majority of site images are in Parts 2, 3 and 4.

Check it all out here:
Thanks for the link Dave. When I get time I'll look over all the photos. One of the clues I believe is in the one photo I have seen is a small "hoot owl tree" almost behind the track hoe. It's too well made to be accidental, but it's too close for a cache to be there, if there is something, its a clue. Which indicates a line passing though the tree going both directions. There should be a small confirmation blaze on the tree if it is a hootowl. As with anything showing a direction on the line usually not far from the clue there can be a reverse sign. In my experience a hole or knob on the end of the upper bend indicates that is the direction to look. We found two rewards following these lines. First pointed to a An army payroll safe cached 1/4 mile away. Second continues a line from two distant mountain tops to a creek several miles away which ended the line with a fake USFS survey marker. Close to the marker is Winchester like rifle sight stones turning the line 90deg. On the new line a casino was 300 feet away marked by half a horseshoe on the line a few yards from a speckled blue and white porcelain coated tea kettle filled with gold and silver coins buried about 18". I dozed off writing this so hope it's still intact.
HBB
1691600083567.jpeg

1691600404924.jpeg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread