Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The unknown "CROWN " Button- or Cufflink

This piece was dug in a corn field about 25 miles near Albany N.Y. The area is ancient going back to the french and Indian war and older up to the Revolutionary war. I was told that is was from the time period of 1760 to 1790's OK..But what is it ...Please let me know ....It is a one piece and it is made of cast metal or puwter no markings on the back....Thanks

Attachments

• crown button 003 Medium Web view.jpg
    crown button 003 Medium Web view.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 517
  • crown button 004 Medium Web view.jpg
    crown button 004 Medium Web view.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 520

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Re: The unknown "CROWN " Button- or Cufflink

Not sure but that is one awesome find :o Too bad its damaged, still a great piece of history, my guess would be british or prussian in origin.

Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That looks really old!

Great find!!!

;)

Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice button, too bad it's broken :-\

hh

lonewolfe

Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

I am going out on a limb here and going to save all of you sleepless nights....Its a Temperance Medal made into a button.....LOL

Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

beeper said:
gypsyheart said:
I am going out on a limb here and going to save all of you sleepless nights....Its a Temperance Medal made into a button.....LOL

HUH?? ???

seeker knows exactly what I am talking about....since someone elses answer of 'temperance medal' cost me a TH trip!!!! wah wah wah

Upvote 0
OP
OP
The Seeker

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gypsyheart said:
beeper said:
gypsyheart said:

HUH?? ???

seeker knows exactly what I am talking about....since someone elses answer of 'temperance medal' cost me a TH trip!!!! wah wah wah Nice going Gpsyheart....I like that!!!!!!! ;) I still do'nt have a definate answer but I will accept your guess.........Seeker

Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Are you digging in Ripleys Believe It Or Not Hole???? You find the hardest things to identify!!!! :D

Upvote 0
OP
OP
The Seeker

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gypsyheart said:
Are you digging in Ripleys Believe It Or Not Hole???? You find the hardest things to identify!!!! :D
The crown looks Spanish.....................
? ? ?It seems like that ...I just like hunting those old sites and places , so when these unusual items pop out you have to just love it....It's make this hobby so much fun and hey, when you dig that hole "you never know"........I have another piece I found down near albany I will post it later if I can...and this one will be fun....Seeker

Upvote 0

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Re: PBK CAN YOU HELP OUT HERE????

gypsyheart said:
Could you please identify this so I can take it off the honey do list!!!! Hahahaha
UPDATE:

I asked another well-known buttons dealer & collector, Bob Edmondson, to have a look at the photos. Unlike the experts I'd previously contacted, who felt it might be British and cited the thistle as suggestive of Scotland, Bob says that the crown is an Imperial German type, and that the button is actually a good deal later than we had assumed. He did not elaborate, and I have received no further information about it from other sources. However, I thought I would pass along his comments, in case someone else might be interested in researching along those lines.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions