The Windbreaker

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Next week I turn 57,and although I don't feel it,I had a moment of weakness today which made me realize just how old I am.
I went to the bank this morning after having a healthy high fiber breakfast. I chat for a moment in the vault with the teller, pick up four of my eight boxes of halves, take two steps,with the teller right behind me, and out slipped an embarrasing and loud noise. Probably due to the weight of the boxes.
Being a quick thinker, I stop, turn and ask the teller if she heard that noise? Before she had a chance to respond I said,"my boots are squeeking, time to get them re-soled". I don't think she believed me because she appeared to be biting her cheeks,supressing a laugh.
Being a polite, and distinguished type of gentleman, I was mortified. :dontknow:
HH
Rich

Upvote 0

GlassyEyed

Oct 15, 2009
Miami, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Tesoro Tiger Shark & Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't feel bad...a couple months ago I squatted to pick up two boxes and heard the Riiiiiiirriiiipppp!

I knew instantly that the crotch of my favorite faded Levis had just given way. Not sure if the teller heard it or not, but I could sure feel the fresh breeze coming in when I stood up.

I wish those tellers would stack those boxes on shelves so I wouldn't have to bend over for them...lol.

Mentone Grizz

Jul 27, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Rich;
A great story! Best wishes for a happy birthday (just watch it when you blow out your candles).
A fellow Taurus, I will also be turning 57 (tomorrow - the 14th). Although I am physically capable of carrying the weight of 4, or even 6 boxes at a time, I now use a cart to transport them because I dropped some once and it was NOT good!! Right in the main entrance of the bank, too! One box busted completely open with coins rolling all directions. Still-intact rolls travelled more than 20' away and out into the street. That got EVERYONE's attention, and made people very aware of me when I usually am trying to fly under the radar. Better safe than sorry.
Happy Birthday, Rich!!
- Grizz

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least you were able to "cover up". The manager at one of my pick up branches was changing out a bag of coins. Being a wee wisp of a lass and wanting to practice safety, she stooped down, took the bag in both hands and headed through the lobby to the vault - with the hem of her dress up at her waist. It was even caught for posterity on the security camera.

Kauka

Apr 22, 2010
dang
this has GOT to be one of the best threads that i have ever read on this site
i LUV it!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
waseeker said:
At least you were able to "cover up". The manager at one of my pick up branches was changing out a bag of coins. Being a wee wisp of a lass and wanting to practice safety, she stooped down, took the bag in both hands and headed through the lobby to the vault - with the hem of her dress up at her waist. It was even caught for posterity on the security camera.

That made me laugh so hard I almost pulled a Rich! .....

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
lol That is great we should call this situation a "Rich" :laughing9:

or a Rich Fartford LOL I kill me. So let it be written so let it be done.

Golden Silver

OP
OP
Rich Hartford

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
golden silver said:
lol That is great we should call this situation a "Rich" :laughing9:

or a Rich Fartford LOL I kill me. So let it be written so let it be done.

Golden Silver

GS,
I prefer a Rich Petard

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions